Flanagan to 7?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wont hurt to try him. Hes in the best form since we got him, and might have his confidence back. Sure that won't make him Cleary, but our options are averillo who isn't ready for 7 at fg level, and Wakeham who doesn't appear to have upside after all this time.
He;'s playing at the level he is- a reserve grader

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is exactly the same problem Des had when he joined us in 2012. No halfback, a nearly passable 6 and a guy down on his confidence at 1. He invented the now famous Bulldogs creative forwards play. We had Eastwood, Frank the tank, Graham and Ennis. They created space for our outside runners by taking the line on and getting the pass away. Keating was the manufactured halfback. I can't specifically remember CK directing us around the park, but he had plenty of space as did Reynolds and Barba. So in the absence of a top line 7, we need the forwards to step up, then need someone who's reliable to execute the game plan. Flanno is the best credentialed halfback and hes a top class goalkicker and can kick to the right, Burton the left.
Des manufactured Grub from hooker to 6

It was a game changer blueprint of attack that Des stole off Dymock

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen something about Leeds wanting Flanno coach and son combo

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh but so are averillo and wakeham.
Flanagan will partner Burton in the halves this weekend.Baz has nothing to lose.
If Flanagan fails it’s “I told you so” & if he does well the scrutiny on Baz will abate slightly.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather see BBO given a shot, bring him on at half time and leave him there at half to get some experience.
We know the others aren't the answer, we have seen they cant lead a team around the park.
What do we have to lose?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather see BBO given a shot, bring him on at half time and leave him there at half to get some experience.
We know the others aren't the answer, we have seen they cant lead a team around the park.
What do we have to lose?
BBO needs to get 80 minutes & play 7 in NSW Cup for at least 3-4 games. He blows now after 2 sets. Needs 80minute conditioning in the halves.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he does get a shot, he is the most natural 7 in the club at the moment. I think he will compliment burton.
Although it’s a tough couple of weeks coming up!!!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO needs to get 80 minutes & play 7 in NSW Cup for at least 3-4 games. He blows now after 2 sets. Needs 80minute conditioning in the halves.
And bring Cook on to releave JMK after about 5 minutes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do we have to lose?
Get what experience exactly? BBO is miles off and it only hurts him throwing him in, should be playing in the halves in reserve grade with some appearances off the bench in the NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he does get a shot, he is the most natural 7 in the club at the moment. I think he will compliment burton.
Although it’s a tough couple of weeks coming up!!!
He isn't and he won't compliment him unless he has massively overhauled his game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All are just versions of dog turd what’s the point in changing.
Why wouldn't u try them all then? Maybe flanno is less turd now.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't and he won't compliment him unless he has massively overhauled his game.
Both Averillo & Wakeham have been monumental failures & did absolutely nothing to alleviate pressure on Burton. At the very least Flanno has a far superior general kicking game, is a goal kicker, has been promoting ball movement in NSW Cup & even digging into the line. Puts daylight between him & anyone in our top 30 right now. That’s a major concern.
Baz’s next epiphany will be that JMK at #9 isn’t working & introduces J Cook by Rd 6

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both Averillo & Wakeham have been monumental failures & did absolutely nothing to alleviate pressure on Burton. At the very least Flanno has a far superior general kicking game, is goal kicker, has been promoting ball movement in NSW Cup & even digging into the line. Puts daylight between him & anyone in our top 30 right now. That’s a major concern.
Baz’s next epiphany will be that JMK at #9 isn’t working & introduces J Cook by Rd 6
Flanagan isn't though, you guys just think he is because we haven't seen him for a while in the NRL. There was a reason (actually a lot of reasons) he got dropped last season and the big one was how he starved anyone else of quality ball. Go back and look at the stats if you don't remember, his possession stats were massive while Jake and Allan/DWZ were junk. He would never hit them, always turn it under for the forward and back up the next play with another aimless play. His kicking game wasn't even great, Jake kicked better then him. Like i said he needs to have massively overhauled his game if things are going to be any different but i still stick with my original thoughts and those are that Jake is the best fit within our system and how we've prepared, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks because the stats and performances back that up. The only change that needed to be made if we were sticking to this rabble of a system was fucking JMK off and getting anyone in that could pass a ball. Okunbor out too for obvious reasons,

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is gonna be named @ 7 this week

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still can't believe we picked Wakeham @ 7 and gave him 2 weeks...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering our reserve grade team have been winning games and scoring points he’s gotta be doing something right. Good luck to the kid.