News Flanagan offered to Super League clubs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If this is whats happening then I wish Kyle all the best. I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, but our club fucked him over let's be honest.

He was / is a fragile kid and we should never have had him doing any media at all after games let alone all pre season.

Hopefully the club learns from this and manages youth better in the future.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up, just hope there is a coach as dumb as Baz over there that wants the fraud daddy's boy.
Do you think robbo from the roosters the bloke who has won a few premierships is as dumb as Barrett?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is my opinion on Flanno. Good player through the juniors playing in a very good side. He is a kid that has suffered severely because of his last name. A lot of pressure for a kid that would be on approximately 400k a season. To put it in perspective, we signed Blake Green on a similar amount and many were commending that signing. Being a similar age to Cleary, there has been a constant comparison.

The fact of the matter is he isn't as good as Cleary but for his price tag (which is quite cheap), he cops way too much shit from the fans and the media. To put things in perspective, he would be on maybe 100k more than Lachlan Lewis and I can recount many stories about Lachlan Lewis fucking up, yet there are petitions after 1 good game to resign the guy.

If he goes, I'm happy for him and not too worried because we have good coverage for NSW Cup halves. It also would put us in a good position to go after a gun half in 2023. If we keep him, I think he has some improvements in him and can flourish which means Averillo becomes more flexible to our top 17 and possibly moves to the centres.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is my opinion on Flanno. Good player through the juniors playing in a very good side. He is a kid that has suffered severely because of his last name. A lot of pressure for a kid that would be on approximately 400k a season. To put it in perspective, we signed Blake Green on a similar amount and many were commending that signing. Being a similar age to Cleary, there has been a constant comparison.

The fact of the matter is he isn't as good as Cleary but for his price tag (which is quite cheap), he cops way too much shit from the fans and the media. To put things in perspective, he would be on maybe 100k more than Lachlan Lewis and I can recount many stories about Lachlan Lewis fucking up, yet there are petitions after 1 good game to resign the guy.

If he goes, I'm happy for him and not too worried because we have good coverage for NSW Cup halves. It also would put us in a good position to go after a gun half in 2023. If we keep him, I think he has some improvements in him and can flourish which means Averillo becomes more flexible to our top 17 and possibly moves to the centres.
Lewis is on 500 this year and was either on 450 or 475 last season.
I’m not kidding.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t disagree but could also be the best thing for him in personal and professional growth.
Oh I agree. But that's another factor which may prevent him from heading over. When he broke down in that press conference it was clear how close he is to his family so he might find it hard to seperate from them.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan is humble enough or realistic enough to accept that this is the best move for his career and he might come back a better player, then it's win/win for him and us.

If he keeps insisting he's a starting NRL half, then it will be hard to move him without paying 100k or so in freight. Unless Shane Flanagan gets a job of course, then he'll take Kyle off our hands.
Flanno is a sook unfortunately I dont see him ever being a top player.

Reactions: GDR

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to super league get some confidence then come back cause sorry you had 9 games to show your way but IMO he probably is good just severely down on confidence .. especially being that young
I agree, he might mature mentally and come good. Then try his luck again in the NRL.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping Flanno Snr would get a coaching gig and take Kyle with him. He would be a perfect signing for the Tigers, they love over paying for our failed halves.

Mack

Waterboy
Reaction score
Every team gets it wrong with players. No ones recruitment is spot on all the time. The difference between the top clubs and the bottom clubs is the top ones are always able to get themselves out of a bad deal early without it costing them years, for eg. Kassiano at the Storm, Flanno at the Roosters. If we dont see Flanno as a long term option than its just good buisness to move him on early. We re not paying him massive money for a half anyway so shouldnt have to chip in much. Considering Roosters were paying for half his wage this year, really not much lost.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does Burton need beside him? Is he organising, or setting up tries? Need someone to take pressure off him. Can Avo fit the bill?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you think robbo from the roosters the bloke who has won a few premierships is as dumb as Barrett?
Robbo is a myth. If Baz was the coach for that "legal" team he would of got the same results. Flopagan could of been replaced with any decent goal kicker and they still would of got the same results.

Actually, Robbo isn't as dumb as Baz because he offloaded the fraud to us.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does Burton need beside him? Is he organising, or setting up tries? Need someone to take pressure off him. Can Avo fit the bill?
great question
All my faith going into Barrett and Gould

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Robbo is a myth. If Baz was the coach for that "legal" team he would of got the same results. Flopagan could of been replaced with any decent goal kicker and they still would of got the same results.

Actually, Robbo isn't as dumb as Baz because he offloaded the fraud to us.
i agree robbo is a myth.
For some reason I have a feeling Barrett will have a lot of success here and will be around for years.