Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He should be the ulldogs ass coach, and I don't mean ours, I mean the mascot

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK was too slow at dummy half today. Storm knew they only had to wrap up Burton and Ado Carr, and it was goodnight Bulldogs.

TPJ made good breaks and was ready to offload to a speedster coming through, but all he got was Jackson standing flat.

Why can't we accelerate when taking a pass, rather than lumber like bears? Storm hit with speed, and that gave them their tries.
Every time they had the ball, they blasted out of the blocks, while we just took a stroll in the park.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Flanno got a recall in the lead up to 0-66 loss to Eagles last year.

Can you imagine what will happen against the reigning premiers?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK was too slow at dummy half today. Storm knew they only had to wrap up Burton and Ado Carr, and it was goodnight Bulldogs.

TPJ made good breaks and was ready to offload to a speedster coming through, but all he got was Jackson standing flat.

Why can't we accelerate when taking a pass, rather than lumber like bears? Storm hit with speed, and that gave them their tries.
Every time they had the ball, they blasted out of the blocks, while we just took a stroll in the park.
It must be said I sound like a broken record saying over and over again, no matter how good JMK is playing, simply he is NOT a hooker...
I ask why did we sign Cook if we aren't going to at least ease him in off the bench ?
The game is simple why complicate it ?
But to be fair JMK can't and shouldn't be blamed for all our dilemmas !

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't possibly be worse than the shambles our attack was today
Mate, Flange is another one of Coach Dumb Dumbs fuck ups. Like I cried about before the prick ever walked in the door, he can’t coach.

Everyone shit bags Madge, but I would straight swap Barrett for him in a heartbeat. At least he has coached a premiership, regardless of the roster.

Barret could have the SOO Blues or Maroon team as his 1st grade squad and still have a losing percentage.

Fucking useless.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's your opinion and u are entitled to it, but I dont think Baz has had much of a chance yet. I think Pay was unlucky too with timing. He had a shit team and no money. Baz is getting some good players finally now but it will take time for them to gel, even if Bellamy was coach. And still has to sort out the 7. Some ppl think its an easy choice but for me none of the 7s we have, have stood out to date.
Not having a crack at you but enough with the gelling excuse. Every team gets coached to defend, every team pretty much plays similar attacking plays… as mentioned in another post, Hynes slots into the 7 at the sharks and bammm looks like he has been there for years…. Sharks playing a style that all players are on the same page, we look like a bunch of lost puppies on the field. Burton the wonder kid has looked beyond average the last 2 weeks. Not his fault as he is a gun player. All I’m saying is that all negative aspects points to something higher up and that’s coaching

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know why we are trying to find positions for players who don’t appear to be first grade material. Let them gain some confidence back in Reggie’s and give someone a go who deserves a shot.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, Flange is another one of Coach Dumb Dumbs fuck ups. Like I cried about before the prick ever walked in the door, he can’t coach.

Everyone shit bags Madge, but I would straight swap Barrett for him in a heartbeat. At least he has coached a premiership, regardless of the roster.

Barret could have the SOO Blues or Maroon team as his 1st grade squad and still have a losing percentage.

Fucking useless.
You can blame TB for the selections he made today,but you can't blame him for the atrocious ball control.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can blame TB for the selections he made today,but you can't blame him for the atrocious ball control.
No mate, the buck stops with him and his pathetic staff. There is no more excuses and no where to hide. Barrett has always been a myth as a coach who speaks well.

Sadly we will now go thru the death of a thousands cuts as it all plays out.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its about people and not spreadsheets

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No mate, the buck stops with him and his pathetic staff. There is no more excuses and no where to hide. Barrett has always been a myth as a coach who speaks well.

Agree… anyone saying Baz and coaching staff ain’t the issue have rocks in there heads… I didn’t expect miracles, but what happened today showed me nothing has changed. We got belted last year and he uses the excuse about the cattle we had, he has 10x better cattle this year and people saying we ain’t gelling yet. He has been found out and enough is enough. Furner and co need to go also. Bulldogs are the laughing stock of the nrl

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree… anyone saying Baz and coaching staff ain’t the issue have rocks in there heads… I didn’t expect miracles, but what happened today showed me nothing has changed. We got belted last year and he uses the excuse about the cattle we had, he has 10x better cattle this year and people saying we ain’t gelling yet. He has been found out and enough is enough. Furner and co need to go also. Bulldogs are the laughing stock of the nrl
Statistics don’t know how to lie. His have always trended the wrong way. I questioned even after week 2, how long can we keep “up” the emotionally committed defence and effort.

Last week the cracks started to show, this week the floodgates opened.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Its not like we were belted by an average team. Melbourne are a slick outfit, Have a look how many teams Melbourne scored 40+ on last year,they scored more points last year than anyone ever.They have the best spine in the Nrl, great forwards, good backs, 2 of the best hookers in the game.
Barrett should certainly be criticised for continuing with players like JMK,Averillo and Wakeham who aren't first grade standard. And its safe to say Jacko isn't a ball playing lock, so he needs to stop that experiment too.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please explain the thought process of the following;

For the entire offseason Barrett had Jake Averillo training at halfback

The first 2 rounds Jake was playing halfback and than dropped him in Round 3 to cup, bringing in Wakeham and Schoupp

So Come round 4 now, Barrett drops a centre in Schoupp and also overlooks 2 other centres from cup whoever they are.

He dropped Averillo last week as he wasn't cutting the mustard playing halfback, to go and play halfback in cup and than brings him back a week later to play centre in first grade

Am i missing something?
>"For the entire offseason Barrett had Jake Averillo training at halfback"
That tells you how bad our other HB options are given how bad Avo is playing as a HB.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
>"For the entire offseason Barrett had Jake Averillo training at halfback"
That tells you how bad our other HB options are given how bad Avo is playing as a HB.
Averillo wasnt playing bad at 7 as per our results, 1 win and should have won round 2. Since he has been moved we have played our worst 2 games

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please explain the thought process of the following;

For the entire offseason Barrett had Jake Averillo training at halfback

The first 2 rounds Jake was playing halfback and than dropped him in Round 3 to cup, bringing in Wakeham and Schoupp

So Come round 4 now, Barrett drops a centre in Schoupp and also overlooks 2 other centres from cup whoever they are.

He dropped Averillo last week as he wasn't cutting the mustard playing halfback, to go and play halfback in cup and than brings him back a week later to play centre in first grade

Am i missing something?
I like Barrett had been optimistic and wanted to see how he'd go with a better group of players, but after today and with the selections you mentioned, I've lost faith in Barrett. Nothing looks like changing even with the significant increase in effort from the players this season.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo wasnt playing bad at 7 as per our results, 1 win and should have won round 2. Since he has been moved we have played our worst 2 games
That's because his replacement is even more shite. All of our HB pass the same, way too early before the line and they don't attract any defenders to create the gap for our runners. The defence already knows where the ball is going when our HB has the ball.
As Andrew Johns said several times, a great HB needs to have courage to run to the line knowing they'll get smashed to create the opportunity for their runners and then get up and do it again during the whole game. Avo, Wakeham and Flanno do none of that.