Opinion Explanation

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny ppl calling for Baz to be gone already. The thought hasn't crossed my mind once yet.
Your lucky, my mind is still trying to process why he was ever hired in the first place. Des, was and is a lot of things, a prick, stubborn, mad, selfish, wrong etc etc. But comparing his coaching record or ability to Barrett’s is a smash up.

Barrett is never going to be a Top NRL coach.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your lucky, my mind is still trying to process why he was ever hired in the first place. Des, was and is a lot of things, a prick, stubborn, mad, selfish, wrong etc etc. But comparing his coaching record or ability to Barrett’s is a smash up.

Barrett is never going to be a Top NRL coach.
That's your opinion and u are entitled to it, but I dont think Baz has had much of a chance yet. I think Pay was unlucky too with timing. He had a shit team and no money. Baz is getting some good players finally now but it will take time for them to gel, even if Bellamy was coach. And still has to sort out the 7. Some ppl think its an easy choice but for me none of the 7s we have, have stood out to date.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wish Bellamy was our coach tho. Reckon we'd be more settled. Have the right players in the right positions from the get go and a tactical gameplan to suit what we have.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he is in front of Ava,with way more upside
Way more upside maybe but he was diabolical last week. Did nothing in 50 odd minutes.

Not saying he is no good he is a young player on the up,but you know what you get from Ava in his stints albeit short ones. I think we need that against the storm.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The disciplinary issue with schoupp seems likely. I thought he was good defensively last week making some good reads on turbo. No reason for him to be dropped otherwise.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think centre is potentially Avos best position but the coaching decision to invest a whole season and pre season into him at half only to drop him after two games is fkn madness. I hope Avo kills it today. I think it has been hard on him, Baz tried to turn him into a player he wasn't and he didn't have the skill set to match. Even more difficult in an underperforming team. Hopefully, he cements his spot in the centres
Total madness. The other thing I don’t get is moving burns to the wing. I don’t like him at centre to be honest I think he will get caught out defensively and he will be no help with the tough Carries early in our sets.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish Bellamy was our coach tho. Reckon we'd be more settled. Have the right players in the right positions from the get go and a tactical gameplan to suit what we have.
I've been saying this since 2017, double up Bellamy's wages, he can't say no to that...
What ever is the extra we pay for him we'll save on the players fees !!!
And If TBaz fails...It's never too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's your opinion and u are entitled to it, but I dont think Baz has had much of a chance yet. I think Pay was unlucky too with timing. He had a shit team and no money. Baz is getting some good players finally now but it will take time for them to gel, even if Bellamy was coach. And still has to sort out the 7. Some ppl think its an easy choice but for me none of the 7s we have, have stood out to date.
Mate, I agree with much of what you said, just differ on Barrett that’s all.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the first point is the sorest with me. If Avo is a half at all it’s always been my view that it’s 5/8th but Barrett used him constantly last year at 7 with the one track view he would partner Burton.

Centre, wing or possibly fullback appear to be Jakes best options as he just doesn’t stay involved or take ownership of our attack to play in the halves. However, the pattern after just 3 games to shuffle the deck in key positions shows Barrett is clutching hard…
I think it shows there is pressure on him from above to get results.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The disciplinary issue with schoupp seems likely. I thought he was good defensively last week making some good reads on turbo. No reason for him to be dropped otherwise.
Schoupp has missed 6 tackles in just 89 minutes, not great. He did shut down some plays with some aggressive defence like you mentioned but also let i think DCE slide through untouched and had another few other poor moments. Mistakes are going to happen whoever plays, just need to look for improvement and stop shuffling the side every week.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep but blokes might be training completely different to how they play.

I don’t have too many issues with the changes given we have a completely different side almost
If Baz is making changes to slot in players where they should be than I'm all for it, I just hope it's a improvement and produces results we all want.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine Avo plays shit in the centres totay as I suspect he will. Many people calling for him to play centre, I just dont see it.
Fuck I hope Im way wrong and he kills it today because if he dont, he'll feel about as usefull as tits on a bull moving forward.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just don't think Averillo showed enough for TB to persist with him at 7 in fg, Maybe a stint in reggies at 7 is what he needs,rather than try and develope him in to a 7 in the high pressure environment of fg
We haven’t got a halfback at all in wakeham or averillo.
Don’t forget Shaun Johnson was a done deal then changed his mind.