Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He knew when we all laughed at him…

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alright I’ll bite … let me try to explain the appeal of Paul Alamoti to you ..

The kids been at the club since he was 14 and absolutely loves the Doggies, his dream has obviously been to be a successful 1st grade player for this club one day …

It’s probably easy for someone like you to sit back in your comfy lounge chair, big boy beer in hand and rubbish him .. because you haven’t been the one running at brick walls or getting your face driven into the turf for the last 5 or so years to get on that field.

What you don’t see is the years of discipline and sacrifices he’s had to make, in the mean time others like you have probably been out partying or raging & trying to get your little pecker wet for the first time …. You don’t see the training and the dedication to stay fit so he can get out there on the field and try to succeed against hundreds of other kids wanting to do the same thing, the blood sweat and tears to climb his way up through the lower grades against many tough obstacles to finally get a break to play in the 1st grade team ..

Then have your 2 supports in Kikau & JAC who you’ve been trying to build cohesion with all preseason go down injured and have to play with different players that you don’t have as much cohesion with ..

The kids 19, he’s holding his own and shown he has some very good skills & talent …

Do you honestly believe after all that he’s committed to getting to where he’s gotten that he only deserves 12 1st grade games to show what he’s capable of … especially in a team that’s had most of its props and go forward sitting on the sideline …

What ever you decide to do with your life kid, if you’ve put in that type of discipline and sacrifice to get there, I hope you don’t have someone like you talking trash and trying to end your dreams and hopes after just your first few weeks, when you’re still trying to find your feet and learn the ropes.

Arm chair critics like you are the worst … especially when you consider you’d last 5 seconds out there, take one big hit and be stretchered off never to return again …

Go Google the word respect ..
Great post.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets replaced next week and doesn't see Fg again this year. We have more better prospects than this kid.
We gave him half a season and he hasnt got the goods.
Really dont give a shit how long he has been here and how much he loves the club.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really never understood what it matters when someone has been at the club + loves the club? If they aren’t good enough this isn’t a charity. Bye bye

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He is a talent. He has potential. He is learning his position. Critta will help him. I'm a believer in your learn from other players. Senior players pass down knowledge through training from early on. We haven't had good senior players and any position. Who will Burton learn to play 6 or 7 off. Who is Pele and our young props learning from. That's where the good clubs have it set. We had that before Desmond and slowly lost it through his dictatorship. We need to get senior players in to teach on the training paddock and game day .

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder what the latest excuse the Alamoti apologists have today?
@1967 @Nate DAWG
He single handedly lost us the game.
The loss was bad, acknowledging you were right is even worse. The kid hasn’t responded well in the past few weeks and needs a spell in cup. Single handedly losing us the game is bullshit though, he had lots of friends.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Centres (including a couple of wingers with ability to play centres) currently playing NRL and under aged 21 or under:

Aaron Schoupp
Bradman Best
Dominic Young
Selwyn Cobbo
Taylan May
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
Izack Tago
Will Pennisini
Xavier Savage
Jacob Kiraz
Joseph Suaali

Where does Alamoti honestly sit on that list?.. and where does he sit after his first 12 games compared to the first 12 games of the names above? My point is there are plenty of young centres around, and I'm sure many more in lower or younger grades. As far as his love for bulldogs? Yep great, but I love bulldogs too and that doesn't mean I should get a contract. Works hard? Again fantastic, but rewarding players on this is like giving participation awards to kids who finish last in a race at school. Look personally if he stays, I'm happy for him and I hope that he develops into a good player.. but club is doing the right thing.. let him test the market, and if noone bites then consider buying him back on minimum wage. We've already paid him massive overs which he hasn't yet delivered on.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright I’ll bite … let me try to explain the appeal of Paul Alamoti to you ..

The kids been at the club since he was 14 and absolutely loves the Doggies, his dream has obviously been to be a successful 1st grade player for this club one day …

It’s probably easy for someone like you to sit back in your comfy lounge chair, big boy beer in hand and rubbish him .. because you haven’t been the one running at brick walls or getting your face driven into the turf for the last 5 or so years to get on that field.

What you don’t see is the years of discipline and sacrifices he’s had to make, in the mean time others like you have probably been out partying or raging & trying to get your little pecker wet for the first time …. You don’t see the training and the dedication to stay fit so he can get out there on the field and try to succeed against hundreds of other kids wanting to do the same thing, the blood sweat and tears to climb his way up through the lower grades against many tough obstacles to finally get a break to play in the 1st grade team ..

Then have your 2 supports in Kikau & JAC who you’ve been trying to build cohesion with all preseason go down injured and have to play with different players that you don’t have as much cohesion with ..

The kids 19, he’s holding his own and shown he has some very good skills & talent …

Do you honestly believe after all that he’s committed to getting to where he’s gotten that he only deserves 12 1st grade games to show what he’s capable of … especially in a team that’s had most of its props and go forward sitting on the sideline …

What ever you decide to do with your life kid, if you’ve put in that type of discipline and sacrifice to get there, I hope you don’t have someone like you talking trash and trying to end your dreams and hopes after just your first few weeks, when you’re still trying to find your feet and learn the ropes.

Arm chair critics like you are the worst … especially when you consider you’d last 5 seconds out there, take one big hit and be stretchered off never to return again …

Go Google the word respect ..
And kids who put in years of training and playing to their best know, without any armchair expert, how well they are going; and it breaks their heart when they realise they can't match it with the best. It's like they've wasted their youth chasing a goal they couldn't achieve.
They don't need us to tell them.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The loss was bad, acknowledging you were right is even worse. The kid hasn’t responded well in the past few weeks and needs a spell in cup. Single handedly losing us the game is bullshit though, he had lots of friends.
Thanks, alot of respect that you could acknowledge that. Mean it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t see him as a centre. He belongs in second row. His defence is questionable and he has a good palm which could be used. I’m more than happy to sell him as I think we are stacked with second rowers, we need bloody big body forwards!
Oh he also needs to learn to offload and give good ball to his outside men.. hasn’t set the world on fire but he is prob the least of our problems atm

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another much hyped dogs junior who is barely 1st grade material. I get he is 19 but he doesn't have agility or speed so he may develop into a better player over the next few years but his lack of speed and agility kills him as a top tier center

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another much hyped dogs junior who is barely 1st grade material. I get he is 19 but he doesn't have agility or speed so he may develop into a better player over the next few years but his lack of speed and agility kills him as a top tier center
He was a awesome junioir,scoring billion tries a year,hasn’t translated to first grade

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still want to see him given a few games as right side centre. If he is drill struggling rhen back to NSW Cup for year, still not a write off but clearly needs quality players around him. 1, 7 and a lack of dominant forwards are bigger issues though.