Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has Nasheed got to do with this thread you aayri’z?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only the kennel gives up on a 19 year old junior after 12 games playing on his non preferred side without an experienced or consistent edge partner on either side
he’s a no talent potato chip without the right attributes with an Aussie winger outside him and an origin player inside him.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thread to bag the players out. Hey we got two points last week, you should be happy.
Here is a positive, Dogs Vs Dragons, the game is tight and there is a big dragons back rower steam rolling his way down field. Alomoti snaps him, the guy doesn't get up.
Slow
Fat
Bad stats
Bad tackles
Seems to be holding a gun to the club to get marquee money.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol now I know you are a fake profile. League is literally just islander hype non stop. Alamoti has shown absolutely nothing to deserve the hype he is getting, it’s just because he’s a fat islander lad.
The kids got talent.
You need kids like him on the minimums in first grade that can do a job. It allows you more marquees. We shouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him though.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kids got talent.
You need kids like him on the minimums in first grade that can do a job. It allows you more marquees. We shouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him though.
He’s angling for marquee money though

I’m not sure what his pitch is.

‘give me more money because I’m junior and if you do I’ll pass to JAC even earlier and get off the bottom off the stats list’

the fact cowboys are taunting him to come should be music on the lips of all Canterbury fans.

Asshole gets his 400k+ pay packet. We let loose a potabro chip and cowboys mess their cap up.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last week you said you didn’t like Paul and I was sceptical and the truth comes out.
Who said I didn’t like. He’s a young player who may or not make it. He has plenty of potential and I think it is not time to discard him. I would extend for 1 or two years and see how he develops. What I do think is that only dumb ***** make threads to rubbish a young junior after 12 games. Fkn clown shit. There are plenty of other threads to post your bullshit opinion.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who said I didn’t like. He’s a young player who may or not make it. He has plenty of potential and I think it is not time to discard him. I would extend for 1 or two years and see how he develops. What I do think is that only dumb ***** make threads to rubbish a young junior after 12 games. Fkn clown shit. There are plenty of other threads to post your bullshit opinion.
But how many times have you rubbish talked Thommo who actually has a dig and plays well?

Lucky Gould has said Fuck *ff to this monster and that is why we have recruited Ethan Q, Xerri, Mason Lino and Skelton.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But how many times have you rubbish talked Thommo who actually has a dig and plays well?

Lucky Gould has said Fuck *ff to this monster and that is why we have recruited Ethan Q, Xerri, Mason Lino and Skelton.
I don’t make threads to rubbish Thommo. I hope he comes good because I’m an actual supporter. I disagree with people who think we should resign him because he has been our highest paid player and IMO has not even shown to be a top 20 prop in the years he has been with us. If Alamoti has not improved by next year I would be saying not to re-sign him too.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He is only 19. Do you believe in development?

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's just normal men, he's just innocent men!

images - 2023-05-31T000728.260.jpeg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright I’ll bite … let me try to explain the appeal of Paul Alamoti to you ..

The kids been at the club since he was 14 and absolutely loves the Doggies, his dream has obviously been to be a successful 1st grade player for this club one day …

It’s probably easy for someone like you to sit back in your comfy lounge chair, big boy beer in hand and rubbish him .. because you haven’t been the one running at brick walls or getting your face driven into the turf for the last 5 or so years to get on that field.

What you don’t see is the years of discipline and sacrifices he’s had to make, in the mean time others like you have probably been out partying or raging & trying to get your little pecker wet for the first time …. You don’t see the training and the dedication to stay fit so he can get out there on the field and try to succeed against hundreds of other kids wanting to do the same thing, the blood sweat and tears to climb his way up through the lower grades against many tough obstacles to finally get a break to play in the 1st grade team ..

Then have your 2 supports in Kikau & JAC who you’ve been trying to build cohesion with all preseason go down injured and have to play with different players that you don’t have as much cohesion with ..

The kids 19, he’s holding his own and shown he has some very good skills & talent …

Do you honestly believe after all that he’s committed to getting to where he’s gotten that he only deserves 12 1st grade games to show what he’s capable of … especially in a team that’s had most of its props and go forward sitting on the sideline …

What ever you decide to do with your life kid, if you’ve put in that type of discipline and sacrifice to get there, I hope you don’t have someone like you talking trash and trying to end your dreams and hopes after just your first few weeks, when you’re still trying to find your feet and learn the ropes.

Arm chair critics like you are the worst … especially when you consider you’d last 5 seconds out there, take one big hit and be stretchered off never to return again …

Go Google the word respect ..

Last edited:

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Needs to put over on the right. With either Addo Carr or Kiraz outside, Put Avo to fullback we know he can play centre all be it he lacks toughness in his carries and defence.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree that Alamoti has been underwhelming and I believe his stats prove this according to some things I've read. In the games he's had 3 highlights (an intercept and run, a decent run after picking up a loose ball and one good fend). Maybe him bulking up too much has affected his speed, step etc. He hasn't shown anywhere near the quality in NRL he did in the lower grades. Maybe it's because he's now playing against bigger stronger opponents. His fend which is one of his greatest strengths seems useless. It should be even stronger with the muscle he's put on. He also seems really slow for a NRL centre. If Xerri who was always really quick comes good he'll be partnering Averillo in the centres and I think Burns is a decent back-up on close to minimum wage plus we have these other centres as back up also so if Alamoti is willing to accept around 250-300K then yes but if he wants more then I'd be saying goodbye.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Threads like this should be closed. They're not constructive in any way and are so over the top for ripping into young players in such a way. Alamoti or any other player playing 1 FG game is more of an accomplishment than trolls like Nasheed will ever achieve in their life.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright I’ll bite … let me try to explain the appeal of Paul Alamoti to you ..
Thanks

The kids been at the club since he was 14 and absolutely loves the Doggies, his dream has obviously been to be a successful 1st grade player for this club one day …
So does every lebanese/Aussie/Islander kid in the area. Even some in neighbouring areas. That doesn't entitle him to a mortgage on the 4 jumper. We need to stop handing out roles and contracts just because they bleed blue. Reynolds, Moore kids, Andersons, and so forth.

It’s probably easy for someone like you to sit back in your comfy lounge chair, big boy beer in hand and rubbish him .. because you haven’t been the one running at brick walls or getting your face driven into the turf for the last 5 or so years to get on that field.
I don't need to be in Vet school to know a kitten when I see one either. Also I am sure the next kid up, has also ran into walls and will be more talented.

What you don’t see is the years of discipline and sacrifices he’s had to make, in the mean time others like you have probably been out partying or raging & trying to get your little pecker wet for the first time …. You don’t see the training and the dedication to stay fit so he can get out there on the field and try to succeed against hundreds of other kids wanting to do the same thing, the blood sweat and tears to climb his way up through the lower grades against many tough obstacles to finally get a break to play in the 1st grade team ..
This isn't the NFL, these kids generally still go and party as well. They aren't always at peak fitness. Whether he has done so or not doesn't mean he automatically deserves a spot. We saw how hard Nasheed worked for an NRL gig and we didn't entitle him to a squad berth did we?

Then have your 2 supports in Kikau & JAC who you’ve been trying to build cohesion with all preseason go down injured and have to play with different players that you don’t have as much cohesion with ..
I just view that as he was protected by superstars and looked ok when surounded by stars and now he is exposed.

The kids 19, he’s holding his own and shown he has some very good skills & talent …
He is past it. He is too slow. He was elusive as a kid but muscle has robbed him of his elusiveness and he is not overly powerful, and doesn't do anything well really. The stats show it.

Do you honestly believe after all that he’s committed to getting to where he’s gotten that he only deserves 12 1st grade games to show what he’s capable of … especially in a team that’s had most of its props and go forward sitting on the sideline …
This one stopped and made me think. I took a walk around the block while I thought it over, and I concluded he just does not have the ingredients to make it. A lot of players do not get much more games to prove themselves, and he is already demanding big money from us which is the heigh of arrogance.

What ever you decide to do with your life kid, if you’ve put in that type of discipline and sacrifice to get there, I hope you don’t have someone like you talking trash and trying to end your dreams and hopes after just your first few weeks, when you’re still trying to find your feet and learn the ropes.
Can we at least develop him in Cup as a development player then? Meet me halfway. NRL is not school.

Arm chair critics like you are the worst … especially when you consider you’d last 5 seconds out there, take one big hit and be stretchered off never to return again …

Go Google the word respect ..
I am sure if I dedicated my life to the NRL I would be a good player too, but I am choosing a Finance degree.