Euthanasia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Im against it TBH,

God gave life and only he he can take it away, we dont understand our meaning in life or what purpose we are here for, so it shouldn't be in our hands to take our lives.

Quick example
What if your lying in the hospital bed and some guy walks past and stares at you for 3 seconds, in that 3 seconds he avoids being hit by a car if hadn't stopped and stared but kept walking. Its not a great example, but Im a believer, in all things happen for a reason.

You can have all the faith in the world but bottum line we dont know the true meaning of life or how it came about, so we should try to play God

IMO

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Bahaha off topic - I love ur sig Kenny. Haztrick's "Mark my words" - gold.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Sorry I should have re-worded it.

Assisted euthanasia - my bad.

Say your partner is in a car crash, and is completely dependent on you for everything. They're in excruciating pain and is begging you to give them pills or whatever to end it. You do it. You go to jail.

Fair?
I would ask to be taken on a nice cliff walk, then i would drive my wheelchair of the cliff.

TBH, its a hard subject... i swing both ways

Tony_the_beat

Bulldogs 08
Reaction score
not 2 sure on the euthanasia issue but wat is messed up is the fact that hospitals hav 2 keep patients alive @ all costs when t hey are just keepin them alive for them to die anyway

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Im against it TBH,

God gave life and only he he can take it away, we dont understand our meaning in life or what purpose we are here for, so it shouldn't be in our hands to take our lives.

Quick example
What if your lying in the hospital bed and some guy walks past and stares at you for 3 seconds, in that 3 seconds he avoids being hit by a car if hadn't stopped and stared but kept walking. Its not a great example, but Im a believer, in all things happen for a reason.

You can have all the faith in the world but bottum line we dont know the true meaning of life or how it came about, so we should try to play God

IMO
So god wants people to live in pain?

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Im against it TBH,

Quick example

IMO
Im for it if someone is honestly in that much pain or suffering that they cant go on. Why keep them alive when every day the pain is slowly killing them amyways? In teh end it should be their own choice, especially if suffering fron a terminal disease.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Heres an article i found yes'day

French court rejects disfigured woman's euthanasia plea

A French court on Monday rejected a request from a 52-year-old severely disfigured former schoolteacher for the right to die, in a case that has stirred much emotion in France, a judicial source said.

The high court in Dijon, eastern France, decided to side with the prosecution which argued that current legislation does not allow Chantal Sebire's doctor to prescribe lethal drugs.

In her appeal to the court, Sebire said she did not want to endure further pain and subject herself to an irreversible worsening of her condition. She asked the court to allow her doctor to help her end her life.

A mother of three who lives in the Bourgogne region of eastern France, Sebire drew a strong outpouring of sympathy when she appealed in a television interview last month for the right to "depart peacefully".

Before-and-after pictures of the woman, her face severely deformed, have been featured in the press and her account of frightened children who run away at the sight of her has drawn sympathy.

Sebire learnt in 2002 that she had developed an esthesioneuroblastoma, an uncommon malignant tumour in the nasal cavity, which she said has led to "atrocious" suffering.

"In 2000, I lost the sense of smell and taste ... and I lost my sight in October 2007," she said in the television interview.

"One would not allow an animal to go through what I have endured," she said before urging President Nicolas Sarkozy to intervene and grant her request.

Commenting on the case, Justice Minister Rachida Dati said last week that "doctors were not there to prescribe lethal drugs".

Legislation adopted in 2005 allows families to request that life-support equipment for a terminally-ill patient be switched off, but does not allow a doctor to take action to end a patient's life.

Sarkozy asked his chief adviser on health issues to contact Sebire and seek a second opinion on her condition.

Sebire has said she will not appeal the decision rendered Monday and that she would find life-terminating drugs through other means.

"I now know how to get my hands on what I need and if I don't get it in France, I will get it elsewhere," she said.

Only 200 cases of the disease have been recorded worldwide in two decades.

SMH

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Im against it TBH,

IMO
This is a religious argument. Everyone has a different religion and a different perspective accordingly. Some don't even beleive in a religion, so how can we talk about "god". And who's god? Your god? my god?

This is why we live in a secular society. Religion and state is, and should, be seperated.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
This is a religious argument. Everyone has a different religion and a different perspective accordingly. Some don't even beleive in a religion, so how can we talk about "god". And who's god? Your god? my god?

This is why we live in a secular society. Religion and state is, and should, be seperated.
Well it just so happens my opinion on this coincides with the one my religion takes as well.

But thats not always the case.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
But I see what your saying Fredsta,

Its a tough one to rule on. Personally I dont think we should, but at the end of the day its your life. So... whatever, who am I to stand in the way and say NO

what right do I have ???

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
i think it depends on the individual situation. the woman in franse for example, with the face. i feel for her. i would say yes to her. however i don't think i've come across one case in the news that i would say no to

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think it depends on the individual situation. the woman in franse for example, with the face. i feel for her. i would say yes to her. however i don't think i've come across one case in the news that i would say no to
tell me how would you judge it on a case by case scenario? how do you measure pain

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
tell me how would you judge it on a case by case scenario? how do you measure pain
well when you put it like that...........i don't know. i guess conferences with various nmedical professionals that can report on the patient's case. it's a hard one

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score

Pinch test? :o

In all seriousness, someone dear to me is very sick at the moment (grandma) and still remains in hospital, so I shouldn't joke around with this issue.

Although I dont think she wants to die. She was talkin about when she gets out, she wants a big party, dabke and all. Kind of teary :(

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what if a rotweiler rips off my nuts...

euthanasia time?

Status
Not open for further replies.