Ennis

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis hates the club plus he has no loyalty. He played for 5 clubs, assisted with coaching at the sharks, Canberra and now Parramatta. Does anyone seriously think he’ll stick around for 3-5 years to give us some stability.
You do realise it was our failure to offer Ennis more than a one year deal that lead to him joining Cronulla. I actually feel he was pretty loyal to us and cares deeply for the club

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's several factors in why I think it makes sense. This is based on Flanagan being the head coach which isn't the case right now but hypothetically if it were.
They won a premiership together. Ennis is a former captain of the club, never wanted to leave. Was forced out because we signed Lichaa. Played in the last successful era at the club. Is already working with Reed. He is competitive as they come and we need that back at the club.

Coach: Flanagan
Assistants: Ennis, Graham, Andrew Ryan

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You do realise it was our failure to offer Ennis more than a one year deal that lead to him joining Cronulla. I actually feel he was pretty loyal to us and cares deeply for the club
Yes I do realise we only offered him a year but if you love the club that much accept a one year deal and back yourself to get a second year based on form. Agree to disagree that he cares deeply for the club,

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ennis is even less experienced at coaching than Pay and Baz. The idea is clutching at straws. Isn't the main issue with those coaches that they lack experience? How is Ennis better with less experience?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis would make a good player consultant. I know a few of you think he doesn’t care for the club because he changed clubs over the years. I think that’s the type of player we should suck knowledge from and give some experience to our current players. It’s a business for not only guys like this, but also our club.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This!!! He loved us, then now as a shire dweller loves Sharkies who gave him his coup de grace premiership. But alas deep down he has feelings for us and of course he could have a role, together with run again son Jammer assisting Flanagan Snr, and he can bring his little mate Coops along as well. I mean to say, we haven't had that much luck with achieving any attitude change with big Willie and haven't heard if Shifty is still helping out. If nothing changes then nothing changes.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ennis only cares about Ennis. He’s got a career now in the media so he can say what he wants and promote himself any which way we can. It’s the business of selling
Mate - ran into him years ago having a cricket net session with his kid. After I'd finished with my kid in the next net, offered to give his kid a few cricket tips, so we ran some drills for him for about 30 mins and gave Ennis some ideas on what to do. Super appreciative and just a really nice guy.

Maybe 3 years later, walking through Jannali and saw him again across the main street. Just nodded to be polite. He signalled me to wait, crossed the road and started thanking me again for 3 years b4, offered to buy me a coffee to say thanks. Agreed and we sat down and talked cricket for 20 mins.

Career wise, you do whats good for you but in terms of being selfish, you're kidding yourself. Genuinely one of the nicest blokes I've ever met.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We hear time and again from Storm players that Bellamy makes sure every player knows their exact job and drives that home through endless repetition. For example if you're a half or a hooker and can't throw flat passes that land on chests 95% of the time, then you need to practice it over and over until you can. Is it that hard? And why hasn't someone coached that silly little delay JMK has at dummy half, out of him by now? If it's not possible, why give him an option in his favour?

Our whole culture seems to be about relaxed mediocrity these days. It's fine for Freddy and the NSW superstars to frolic barefoot in the grass for inspiration, but our boys need some serious attention to detail. I'll take any coach that can bring that right now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I honestly can't see it at all.

He just bags us at every opportunity.

If he presented his opinions on our situation with qualifications and improvement suggestions, I would say he still had a soft spot for the club. But he doesn't. He doesn't appear to have any real affection for the club. You could hear it in his voice if he did.

I can understand him being dirty with Hasler, Dib and Castle but the Bulldogs club as a whole, nor the fans, made the decision to not give him the contract he wanted yet he seems to take every opportunity to sink in the boot.

Anyway he got a deserved Premiership ring with Cronulla so good luck to him.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This!!! He loved us, then now as a shire dweller loves Sharkies who gave him his coup de grace premiership. But alas deep down he has feelings for us and of course he could have a role, together with run again son Jammer assisting Flanagan Snr, and he can bring his little mate Coops along as well. I mean to say, we haven't had that much luck with achieving any attitude change with big Willie and haven't heard if Shifty is still helping out. If nothing changes then nothing changes.
Once a bulldog........always a bulldog......

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seems very vocal in criticism of the Bulldogs. He's admitted to watching all our games each week. Part of me thinks he wants us to do well but doesn't agree with how we are doing it.

Question,
Would you be happy with Flanagan snr head coach with Ennis as assistant?
Not when junior is at the club
He is no Cleary and will have his son at 7 all the time

Flanagan junior and senior should not be our future plans

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck this guy to.. he’s all about himself, thinks he’s gods gift, loves the sound of his own voice too much.. and don’t want him near the club, Will hold himself to high above everyone, will only be to feather his own nest.. and his intentions will be no good. And he has been an absolute wanker about his old club.!!

will go backwards with this Twat.!!!

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If flanno is made coach he will pick his own assistants....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck this guy to.. he’s all about himself, thinks he’s gods gift, loves the sound of his own voice too much.. and don’t want him near the club, Will hold himself to high above everyone, will only be to feather his own nest.. and his intentions will be no good. And he has been an absolute wanker about his old club.!!

will go backwards with this Twat.!!!
I met braith at a Coolangatta golf day he was in our corporate club and he was actually the nicest bloke . I told him I had a poster of him as a 13 year old from big league and he said his best years and friends are still from the dogs. I can’t say a bad word about him

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I met braith at a Coolangatta golf day he was in our corporate club and he was actually the nicest bloke . I told him I had a poster of him as a 13 year old from big league and he said his best years and friends are still from the dogs. I can’t say a bad word about him
Mate.. i love braith. My comment was about Ennis coaching , that’s was this thread is about !!!