Official Elliott Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I just cant take a liking to the guy (Elliott) I don't know if its the years of gifted tries from dropped grubbers, that fucken stupid hair cut or dumb penalties that have poisoned my mind or I'm seeing the real Elliott and the rest of you guys are fuckwitts.... no offence

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just cant take a liking to the guy (Elliott) I don't know if its the years of gifted tries from dropped grubbers, that fucken stupid hair cut or dumb penalties that have poisoned my mind or I'm seeing the real Elliott and the rest of you guys are fuckwitts.... no offence
People either love him or hate him. We've had a few players like that in the past.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. He been faking it until he makes it since 2016. Benchie at best for mine. I did concede he played a few good games last year, but not enough to make up for his costly errors in the first few years of his career

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. He been faking it until he makes it since 2016. Benchie at best for mine. I did concede he played a few good games last year, but not enough to make up for his costly errors in the first few years of his career
I can forgive a player for his errors if he is trying to achieve something. Its the unforced errors that are the killers.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to like this guy, but so far he's had 2 good seasons with us (they weren't even full seasons) and they both happened to be contract seasons.. I want to see him play well outside of a contract seasons..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ball playing is more valuable on the edge than through the middle.
It’s not just about ball playing, it’s about distributing and serving as another attacking focal point....a good ball playing lock can distribute to both sides of the field and can also risk and play out wide when need be. In the middle = more of an attacking focal point.

If Barrett plays Elliott on an edge, so be it. He’s the coach, he knii I was better than me..... but I don’t think that is his plan.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
it’s about distributing and serving as another attacking focal point....a good ball playing lock can distribute to both sides of the field and can also risk and play out wide

Are we still talking about Adam Elliott? ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not just about ball playing, it’s about distributing and serving as another attacking focal point....a good ball playing lock can distribute to both sides of the field and can also risk and play out wide when need be. In the middle = more of an attacking focal point.

If Barrett plays Elliott on an edge, so be it. He’s the coach, he knii I was better than me..... but I don’t think that is his plan.
Ball playing locks are massively overhyped imo, they're just glorified ball distributers and any half decent forward that can pass a ball can play that role. Edge forwards imo require more In terms of ball playing because they're often under more pressure and carry more responsibility with the ball in hand.

At the end of the day if the options are Elliott on the edge or Jackson on the edge then I'll take Elliott everyday. Better line runner, better at slipping out of tackles and better at linking play. Jackson on the other hand is less of a threat but provides better PC metres and faster play the balls.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best post

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can forgive a player for his errors if he is trying to achieve something. Its the unforced errors that are the killers.
Best post
Most young players make a lot of errors as they find their feet. Elliott made less errors than many of the best forwards in the comp last year (including in terms of errors per game), his skill set is obvious, which is why Barrett went out of his way to keep him at the club while tapping other players on the shoulder.

Even when Elliott was making too many errors most of them were because he was trying to spark something in a struggling team. His “unforced error” count is ridiculously overstated. People act like top forwards in the game never make errors.

You’re all dopes leaning on tired talking points from years ago. Elliott was one of our few shining lights last year until his injury and under Barrett his game will go to another level. He’s a future rep.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I see Elliott as a good bench forward suited more in the middle than on an edge.
Best case scenario, could start on an edge with Jackson at lock, then move into the middle when Waddell comes onto the edge as the first interchange.
Should be aiming to get 60 - 70 minutes out of him.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hi utility

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale Finucane before he had a decent coach

He was always good for us but made too many errors.

Improved his ball control and focussed on his strengths and became a very much improved footballer

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ball playing locks are massively overhyped imo, they're just glorified ball distributers and any half decent forward that can pass a ball can play that role. Edge forwards imo require more In terms of ball playing because they're often under more pressure and carry more responsibility with the ball in hand.

At the end of the day if the options are Elliott on the edge or Jackson on the edge then I'll take Elliott everyday. Better line runner, better at slipping out of tackles and better at linking play. Jackson on the other hand is less of a threat but provides better PC metres and faster play the balls.
I think locks have potential to play more of a roving ball players role, as we have seen in the past..... but also don’t underestimate the value of a quality distributor.

You raise some food points though. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see where Barrett decides to go with things.

Wherever he plays, I think Elliott is going to have a big year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People either love him or hate him. We've had a few players like that in the past.
Simon Gillies is a perfect example... Toilman after that i'd say. I'd throw the Hughes boys in too and ad Goodwin and Shame Martini to that list.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you reckon elliot is going to be able to actually tackle players and stop them in their tracks in 2021?

Or will he just hang on while they make 30 post contact metres with elliot holding on for dear life
He is so much more suited to an edge.

Reactions: TAS
Status
Not open for further replies.