Official Elliott Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see Elliott as a good bench forward suited more in the middle than on an edge.
Best case scenario, could start on an edge with Jackson at lock, then move into the middle when Waddell comes onto the edge as the first interchange.
Should be aiming to get 60 - 70 minutes out of him.
I reckon just shove him on an edge and leave him there to grow. He can move to lock later in his career like Jacko.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simon Gillies is a perfect example... Toilman after that i'd say. I'd throw the Hughes boys in too and ad Goodwin and Shame Martini to that list.
Wait.. who hates Gillies? And is a bulldogs supporter?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait.. who hates Gillies? And is a bulldogs supporter?
Bro Simon Gillies was one of the biggest rocks and diamond's players to don the blue and white.. If it wasn't for that 95 finals series you wouldn't have just said that.

I was young but I can still remember the criticism the guy copped week in week out just like Tolman did.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro Simon Gillies was one of the biggest rocks and diamond's players to don the blue and white.. If it wasn't for that 95 finals series you wouldn't have just said that.

I was young but I can still remember the criticism the guy copped week in week out just like Tolman did.
Gilles only really copped it in his last year in 98 when he was finally dropped half way through the season and lost the captaincy. I always thought he was a pretty consistent player up until that point.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His ball playing ability us too good for him to be shifted out wide, imo. Will be interesting to see where he lines up.
He only started playing in the forwards when he join dogs prior to that all junior playing career he was a 5/8

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been a fan.
I have seen glimpses of “something” bit way to few and far between.
This is it. No excuses now. He needs to STEP UP big time. Get errors and stupid penalties out and prove to Barrett he can be a reliable player.
I’ll reserve judgement based on a new coach, but he needs to improve sooooo much

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haven’t been a fan but I thought he was good last year . If he can improve on last year we have ourselves a handy player.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gilles only really copped it in his last year in 98 when he was finally dropped half way through the season and lost the captaincy. I always thought he was a pretty consistent player up until that point.
Exactly my thoughts..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can't polish a turd... forever a bench player at best...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Consistent yes no doubt just like Tolman.He was a toiler who had plenty of mistakes in his game.. he would be ravaged on TK week in week out these days.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Consistent yes no doubt just like Tolman.He was a toiler who had plenty of mistakes in his game.. he would be ravaged on TK week in week out these days.
It was a different game back then which suited toilers a lot more with 4 interchanges, players not being as physically developed and less complicated structures.

That era would have suited Tolman too.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as he keeps his pants on, he may have a good year

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a different game back then which suited toilers a lot more with 4 interchanges, players not being as physically developed and less complicated structures.

That era would have suited Tolman too.

I actually think Gillies would have been suited to this era somewhat, Simon was quick for a forward. His running style and quick play the balls would have been good now though i clearly remember his mistake rate was through the roof..

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok call me names. I don't like Elliot, for me he shows some promise but early in his career he used to make some silly errors. BUT I want the bloke to kill it this year and really add something in attack. We need a good wide hole running second row, lets hope Elliot is this player. Go Adam play well in 2021and make me a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.