Official Elliott Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok call me names. I don't like Elliot, for me he shows some promise but early in his career he used to make some silly errors. BUT I want the bloke to kill it this year and really add something in attack. We need a good wide hole running second row, lets hope Elliot is this player. Go Adam play well in 2021and make me a fan.
Elliott's biggest improvement has been getting most of the silly errors out of his game IMO. He was also playing a more balanced (less frantic) style of game, with some ball-playing, before his injury. I thought there were some good signs.

But I haven't seen the sort of stuff that had Andrew Johns and Fittler singing his praises as our best attacking option, and there is still no real aggression in his defence, or a particularly high work-rate. But like you I have hope for him and also agree he has to play on the edge, especially with Jacko being done as an edge runner, and lock being his only possible position. Knocking back a higher offer to stay with us is also something I hope Elliott gets some good karma from.

Malla

Reaction score
Be interested to see how Baz uses Elliot.

Pay used him as a tackle machine which in my opinion was a waste. He offers a lot more.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Be interested to see how Baz uses Elliot.

Pay used him as a tackle machine which in my opinion was a waste. He offers a lot more.
TB has mentioned he sees stimson as a middle so id say an edge or he could play as a middle in the cam murray type role.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
TB has mentioned he sees stimson as a middle so id say an edge or he could play as a middle in the cam murray type role.
Problem is that Jackson is absolutely useless on an edge and is far better through the middle, RFM is also better through the middle but can probably do a better job if he just looks to his outside at times lol. We need to come up with a few more edge forwards...Elliott and Waddell seem to be the only other options at this stage.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is that Jackson is absolutely useless on an edge and is far better through the middle, RFM is also better through the middle but can probably do a better job if he just looks to his outside at times lol. We need to come up with a few more edge forwards...Elliott and Waddell seem to be the only other options at this stage.
Hopefully one of Doorey and Topine get elevated to top 30 before round 1, otherwise it's not looking great for edge forwards.
We should be going after Riki from Brisbane, he's going to be a gun.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully one of Doorey and Topine get elevated to top 30 before round 1, otherwise it's not looking great for edge forwards.
We should be going after Riki from Brisbane, he's going to be a gun.
It would have helped Jackson to have a decent ball player on his side? Foran was always a dominant left hand edge attacker.
Even with the combo with Reynolds back in the day Jackson would eat up metres on the inside. Think with a decent ball player inside him he can regain that form but do agree he is probably suited to the middle. We have also lacked speed from the ruck and our play the ball is one of the slowest in the NRL which is a killer for us

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would have helped Jackson to have a decent ball player on his side? Foran was always a dominant left hand edge attacker.
Even with the combo with Reynolds back in the day Jackson would eat up metres on the inside. Think with a decent ball player inside him he can regain that form but do agree he is probably suited to the middle. We have also lacked speed from the ruck and our play the ball is one of the slowest in the NRL which is a killer for us
I think rfm and waddell would be great out wide and with elliotts indiscretions he should be dropped or at the very least bench

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
Big question ? Is Elliot Married? Is Lichaa married to his partner? You idiots carry on like twats he's done nothing wrong so what if he was making out with H's fiancee there is no fucking law against it! What's next get charged for eating Doritos

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Big question ? Is Elliot Married? Is Lichaa married to his partner? You idiots carry on like twats he's done nothing wrong so what if he was making out with H's fiancee there is no fucking law against it! What's next get charged for eating Doritos
So living with someone for a few years and having children with them doesn't count? You're the idiot for suggesting that because they're not married "he's done nothing wrong". Anyone with an ounce of morality can see what's he done is incredibly wrong.

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
There's still no law against it women do the same thing to men everywhere and walk away with a new husband and child support ! Do they get put in the papers? Just because Elliot's an NRL player you guys have no right to be commenting on this

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh I don't care if he runs through entire teams wives lol. All I care about is how it will affect the team. If the team don't care, then neither do I. If its a big distraction and some team mates hate his guts over it, then he can piss off.

All I want is a distraction free season and the boys playing as a unit.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's still no law against it women do the same thing to men everywhere and walk away with a new husband and child support ! Do they get put in the papers? Just because Elliot's an NRL player you guys have no right to be commenting on this
That’s true
But the kennel has have every right to comment on the situation , why? Because as you said
There’s no law against commenting on it......

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Kennel, Adam. :p

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh I don't care if he runs through entire teams wives lol. All I care about is how it will affect the team. If the team don't care, then neither do I. If its a big distraction and some team mates hate his guts over it, then he can piss off.

All I want is a distraction free season and the boys playing as a unit.
I'm at that point now too. Just get the playing group together sort it out one way or another and move on.

The longer it festers the bigger the distraction.

Gawd_Dawg_BB

Banned
Reaction score
That’s true
But the kennel has have every right to comment on the situation , why? Because as you said
There’s no law against commenting on it......
There's statutory declaration and laws and regulations which run under the privacy Act and anti harassment which is legally binding to all factors and factions of Australian business and therefore the internet services to he has commited no crime and therefore every person on the site that has slandered him or commented on us life in anyway could be held accountable for there are actions aka intimidating, harrassment and defamation which would in hindsight make it perfectly reasonable for Elliot to be able to sue you all and any player that this forum has deliberately pulled apart with derogatory comments

Status
Not open for further replies.