Electric vs petrol cars

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing that will extinguish an EV fire is time. Nothing else wotrks.
It's not the only thing. It's the safest thing as it will stop any chance of re-ignition. But water stops EV fires.

It's difficult though as you have to completely soak the battery which can be hard to access.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
Have you seen this?
it’s incredible that people that consider themselves even half intelligent even contemplate an EV.. absolute imbeciles. What if we have water restrictions and these EVs start going kaboom!

if aliens come down from space and saw what people do on earth with EVs etc they would think imbeciles, we won’t land here as we don’t want to infect our own with this stupidity.. they see earth as far too much work to make it habitable

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Here is another point you guys can argue about...

Which car out-handles the other, the male car or the female "car"?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Male car. Subarus outhandle Hyundais every day of the week.

Anyways - since this has become the thread 'my FB said this so it must be true', did you hear that all non-commercial car sales from 2025 are getting a 25% carbon tax and that petrol/diesel sales (non-commercial) are getting an additional 15%. This is all to fund the Albo green initiatives. Commercial kicks in at different rates in 2028.

True - my FB told me so ;)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It probably depends on who is driving the car too haha. You see a mental 17 year old who looks like he got his P’s in Bali after drinking 12 buckets driving a festiva and out drive a boomer soccer player with a small dick in a WRX

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait until he finds out all the houses with solar and batteries in them use the same technology and are just as hard to put out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trick question. All cars are female. Except for the cars driven by the people who like to wake up in the morning and climb inside a man.
Fkn lol its so true.

So do us men secretly love chick's in our cars? Lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we noticed that EV manufacturers say you can charge your car from 20% to 80% in a X time etc.. so basically your charging way more often as 40% of the range is left out? So at best they do 350kn on a full charge , so driven frugal and like a cheapskate you charging every 200km… haha :grinning: the. When battery degrades your charging every 150km… fools

The EV buyers are being tricked

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
you only let a women drive your car if your ok with your wheels being scrubbed up. I dunno how they do it but they always find away to gutter rash the wheels
My ex is too scared to reverse and doesn't like driving at night.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching a YouTube clip about EV cars and they said the fundamental problems with EV is that cars were not designed to be EV, it’s a shonky conversion at the moment and it just does t work. The marketing departments of these EV cars dont understand the technology and are trying to sell these cars on points they dont measure up

also many of the EV manufacturers openly admit the EV do not meet their own internal standards but are pumping them out as people still buy the..

realistically we are a good 10 years before an EV makes any sense, when they get on top of the range, charging issues, fire risk and bloated cost we might have something reasonable

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching a YouTube clip about EV cars and they said the fundamental problems with EV is that cars were not designed to be EV, it’s a shonky conversion at the moment and it just does t work. The marketing departments of these EV cars dont understand the technology and are trying to sell these cars on points they dont measure up

also many of the EV manufacturers openly admit the EV do not meet their own internal standards but are pumping them out as people still buy the..

realistically we are a good 10 years before an EV makes any sense, when they get on top of the range, charging issues, fire risk and bloated cost we might have something reasonable
The reason why EV's are being pumped out too fast and too early is government intervention. In many countries their Governments punish vehicle manufacturers if their average fleet doesn't meet ever reducing emissions standards. They also punished ICEV buyers and drivers with taxes, tolls and levies making them financially unattractive. They also reward EV buyers with incentives in an attempt to make them less unattractive.

Blaming vehicle manufacturers is simply not accurate, they and the vehicle buyers are being forced into this situation by Governments. Fortunately ours hasn't fallen for the trap yet, but they can't hold out from the green looney lobby forever.

Always a Bulldog

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason why EV's are being pumped out too fast and too early is government intervention. In many countries their Governments punish vehicle manufacturers if their average fleet doesn't meet ever reducing emissions standards. They also punished ICEV buyers and drivers with taxes, tolls and levies making them financially unattractive. They also reward EV buyers with incentives in an attempt to make them less unattractive.

Blaming vehicle manufacturers is simply not accurate, they and the vehicle buyers are being forced into this situation by Governments. Fortunately ours hasn't fallen for the trap yet, but they can't hold out from the green looney lobby forever.

Always a Bulldog
good post

yes it’s a result of government intervention but the manufacturers are pumping them out half arse because their hands are tied.. don’t some countries force a percentage of EV sales to petrol cars? There are plenty of really bad attempts at EV cars by many manufacturers… even Toyota made a dud

fast forward 10 years and we will look back and laugh at people who bought an EV in 2024… paid too much, ridiculous charging and infrastructure, expensive battery replacement and poor range ..

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
good post

yes it’s a result of government intervention but the manufacturers are pumping them out half arse because their hands are tied.. don’t some countries force a percentage of EV sales to petrol cars? There are plenty of really bad attempts at EV cars by many manufacturers… even Toyota made a dud

fast forward 10 years and we will look back and laugh at people who bought an EV in 2024… paid too much, ridiculous charging and infrastructure, expensive battery replacement and poor range ..
The past and current generations of EV's don't suite my usage patterns, but there is a % of the population that EV's suite admirably and that's various makes and models right now. I think I have mentioned previously my neighbour who has had EV's for 12 years, 3 x Nissan Leafs in fact. Not a great car but they suite him perfectly, commutes 40 km or so a day and charges over the weekend from his solar. He hasn't paid a cent in running costs, servicing, repairs, replacement parts etc for those 12 years. If he didn't use the Leaf to power his tree change weekender he wouldn't have paid a cent for charging either, even that wouldn't amount to $2k which he used to spend every couple of months on petrol for the generator.

My other neighbour has a Tesla, she drives it to work 3 days a week, kids to school, shopping and kids to sports over the weekend. She has had it for a bit over a year and has paid zero, zilch, SFA, nothing. not a cent in servicing, charging etc, just rego and insurance. The big win for her is she never has to go to the service station to fill up with petrol, just plugs it in to the garage.

Not for everyone, but for some more than suitable.

Always a Bulldog