CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate Dufty in one game created more points than Averillo has all year
Do we run the same shapes as Dragons? Have the same forward pack? Etc. Statistically Dufty is up there with Teddy, Paps and Tom in terms of attacking output, but everything else is absolutely horrible and it's why only a desperate Walters and desperate Baz are after him.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do we run the same shapes as Dragons? Have the same forward pack? Etc. Statistically Dufty is up there with Teddy, Paps and Tom in terms of attacking output, but everything else is absolutely horrible and it's why only a desperate Walters and desperate Baz are after him.
What does the shapes and forward pack have to do with anything?
You wanted to blame Flanagan for everything and now your mate Averillo has the job, it’s everyone else’s fault is it?
Hypercrite

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you just stated he is up there with the other top fullbacks, but you don’t want him, That makes sense?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does defense matter anymore? The highest scoring year in the modern era by far, it’s just becoming a points duel.
Well said. I'd rather Dufty any day if he is going to score two tries, set up five and make one mistake out the back. What's funny is Tedesco makes defensive errors at times and hear nothing of it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You wanted to blame Flanagan for everything and now your mate Averillo has the job, it’s everyone else’s fault is it?
Hypercrite
Do you even rugby league? Lol I give up. Maybe watch some more games and you might get a better idea.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you even rugby league? Lol I give up. Maybe watch some more games and you might get a better idea.
Mate your the one with no idea, and it’s been shown up time and time again, but you still have the biggest mouth on here, yeah if we were all so lucky u really would give up, no chance of that though, far to self indulgent for that

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I look at Dufty similar to Barba.

Barba was never the greatest defender but look how many points he generated. Lets get him across at least we may able to get some points.

Get defence drilled into him in the off season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hypercrite
Averillo is in his first full season and is being asked to play halfback which isn't his position at all. I don't get everyone hammering him when he's played less than 25 first grade games and he's showing signs of improvement.

He'll be a lot better next season when Burton does all of the organising and kicking and Averillo can focus on running and support play.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is in his first full season and is being asked to play halfback which isn't his position at all. I don't get everyone hammering him when he's played less than 25 first grade games and he's showing signs of improvement.

He'll be a lot better next season when Burton does all of the organising and kicking and Averillo can focus on running and support play.
Wasn’t that his job when Flanagan was the dominant half? Did nothing

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The whole team didn't score one point im three games and it was all Averillo's fault?
Nah you said he will be better with a dominant half, where he doesn’t have to control things, can just run and support, that was his job when Flanagan was in the side and he did nothing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah you said he will be better with a dominant half, where he doesn’t have to control things, can just run and support, that was his job when Flanagan was in the side and he did nothing
That should have been his job but Flanagan shat the bed and went into hiding so often that Averillo often had to do a lot of the kicking and organising.

In case you didn't realise, Burton is just slightly more talented than Flanagan, so he'll make everyone's job easier next season.

If you think Flanagan played better than Averillo this season then you're watching different games to me. I'm not saying Averillo is killing it, I'm saying he's doing better than I expected with his kicking and defence.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That should have been his job but Flanagan shat the bed and went into hiding so often that Averillo often had to do a lot of the kicking and organising.

In case you didn't realise, Burton is just slightly more talented than Flanagan, so he'll make everyone's job easier next season.

If you think Flanagan played better than Averillo this season then you're watching different games to me. I'm not saying Averillo is killing it, I'm saying he's doing better than I expected with his kicking and defence.
Nah Flanagan and Averillo have both been as useless as each other, also Burton isn’t the silver bullet, he isn’t going to fix everything himself, and having a young inexperienced half in Averillo beside him, is leaving to much on Burton
Averillo at best is a 14, I would be getting Johnson, Dufty, and cheese

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah Flanagan and Averillo have both been as useless as each other, also Burton isn’t the silver bullet, he isn’t going to fix everything himself, and having a young inexperienced half in Averillo beside him, is leaving to much on Burton
Burton won't do everything by himself but he's a special player who will make everyone's job easier. Look at the impact Turbo has had on Manly. They were bottom four and getting blown out without him, now they've barely lost since.

If we don't sign another half, Averillo is our best option there for next season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does defense matter anymore? The highest scoring year in the modern era by far, it’s just becoming a points duel.
Penriths miserly 7 points against average and Melbourne's 12 suggest it matters plenty.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Averillo has improved his actually tackling significantly - not sure about his defnsive reads but the actual tackling has been good lately. This time last year he was woeful with reading defense and with putting his body in front of attacking players - his efforts against Kikau were excellent last week.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting those 3 and staying cap compliant would be a supreme recuitment effort. It may require Avo to FB and forgo Dufty if we can't fit them all in. Plus we need fast, hard FRFs.

You could only expect Johnson to be an organiser (which isn't a good thing in today's speedfest game), he's getting on a bit and injured to be a running half.

Biggest issues would be keeping him out of rehab and keeping him involved in the game (and keeping his contract amount to a manageable level). Its these issues that worry me, but he may allow Burton to play the roaming assassin role without the burden of team control.