Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone show me a one on one tackle that Dufty has made that was dominant and ill eat my hat

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better than waiting on a maybe from paps at 1.2m and even if we do get paps dufty can play at 14

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
21 missed this year Duffy 11
In all fairness though, Jake plays up in the line while Dufty is a fullback. There will always be a difference in missed tackles with the two positions.
It's a poor comparison, that's why stats don't tell you everything. The good old eye test is the best way to judge a player

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I look at Dufty similar to Barba.

Barba was never the greatest defender but look how many points he generated. Lets get him across at least we may able to get some points.

Get defence drilled into him in the off season.
Let Thommo run at him everyday in the offseason, that will fix him up.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you even rugby league? Lol I give up. Maybe watch some more games and you might get a better idea.
Wasn’t it you last year telling us all what a terrible buy Thommo was, that he wouldn’t make it in the NRL, worst buy we’ve ever made, gone quiet on that now hey?
Yeah you’re a top judge, I’m glad you give us so many of your opinions

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah Flanagan and Averillo have both been as useless as each other, also Burton isn’t the silver bullet, he isn’t going to fix everything himself, and having a young inexperienced half in Averillo beside him, is leaving to much on Burton
Averillo at best is a 14, I would be getting Johnson, Dufty, and cheese
Fuck yeah @Mattreneeandgus. That's a top four spine right there.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake has made 207 tackles, missed 21
Dufty has made 40 tackles, missed 11
At fullback 1on 1 with boppas coming through the line or someone thats already been missed to get through so hes not really a bad defender like Sancho says

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
At fullback 1on 1 with boppas coming through the line or someone thats already been missed to get through so hes not really a bad defender like Sancho says
He's a bad defender for a fullback and is also caught out of position a lot. He's been very good with ball in hand this year tho. For the Dragons to want to get rid of him there are massive red flags there (defence, possibly attitude).

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all fairness though, Jake plays up in the line while Dufty is a fullback. There will always be a difference in missed tackles with the two positions.
It's a poor comparison, that's why stats don't tell you everything. The good old eye test is the best way to judge a player
Most comparisons will be like that against different players as well as at different times