Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Definitely the club most in need of Dufty's services and what he brings to the table.

Canterbury have struggled for points for many years and it hasn't changed too much in 2021 with new halves Kyle Flanagan and Jake Averillo.

The 25-year-old would bring some much-needed speed and creativity to the Bulldogs, and sources can reveal the club have already put some feelers out there for Dufty.

The only thing potentially standing in the way would be Josh Addo-Carr, who had been rumoured to be offered the No.1 role when he moves to Belmore next year.

If we were to place a bet on where Dufty lands in 2022, the Bulldogs are at the very top of the list.
----------

Yup, another FB, that'll fix everything.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Definitely the club most in need of Dufty's services and what he brings to the table.

Canterbury have struggled for points for many years and it hasn't changed too much in 2021 with new halves Kyle Flanagan and Jake Averillo.

The 25-year-old would bring some much-needed speed and creativity to the Bulldogs, and sources can reveal the club have already put some feelers out there for Dufty.

The only thing potentially standing in the way would be Josh Addo-Carr, who had been rumoured to be offered the No.1 role when he moves to Belmore next year.

If we were to place a bet on where Dufty lands in 2022, the Bulldogs are at the very top of the list.
----------

Yup, another FB, that'll fix everything.
If not we will just keep plodding along as per usual.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Dufty would make an excellent hooker.

Every time someone makes a break he cuts them down with his brutal defence. There is no way the Titans score that last try on the weekend if we had Dufty at 9. He would have picked that front rower up and dumped on his back before he made the line break

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trent Barrett wants to turn dufty into a Hooker, if he doesn't get brendan smith.
This might be the most unpopular post on here, but the way the game is going with it's pace, quick play the balls and the 6 again rule then thinking outside the square might be what some coaches need to do, especially the struggling clubs like ours. I reckon Dufty would be a revelation at 9.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dufty been playing FB for probably around 15 years, and now at 25 Trent wants to turn him into a hooker.

Ok Trent

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cook/Dufty
88kg/83kg (weight)
5'11"/5'10" (height)
29yrs/25yrs (age)
46pg/4pg (tackles made)
2pg/0.9pg (missed tackles)
19/33 (tackle breaks)
0.64pg/1.3pg (errors)
1/8 (tries)
2/5 (try assists)
87/139 (runs)
710m/1465m (run metres)
85m/286m (post contact metres)

ZT 2021 stats for Cook and Dufty (as an example). What does it mean? Probably nothing since they play completely different positions, but he'd have to put some bulk on and get used to 10 times the tackling.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
There’s 0 chance we look at him as a fucking hooker cmon guys.

Only thing that makes any sense is Dwz off to tigers and they push Laurie to 6.

If we parted with Dwz I could see Duffy Jac naden allen cotric being our back 5.

Though dunno who I prefer lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s 0 chance we look at him as a fucking hooker cmon guys.

Only thing that makes any sense is Dwz off to tigers and they push Laurie to 6.

If we parted with Dwz I could see Duffy Jac naden allen cotric being our back 5.

Though dunno who I prefer lol
Yep no one from the club has confirmed we are looking at Dufty. And certainly no one from the club has said Baz will play him at hooker

The Dufty rumour is just an opinion from a journo

The Dufty to hooker is just something made up by Isaac

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooker? LOL he can't even tackle.

There was a stage when the Dragons were defending their line, the opposition were looking for Dufty just to barge over.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All rumours until the fat lady sings !!