Dufty and Pappy off contract end of 2021

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might want to follow Belleach and who knows where that will lead
Yea, we have the rest of the season to improve and show that we are still a good destination. Hes off contract from Nov 1st.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne will hang on to pap dragons wont let duffy go we need a 9 and big boppers youll probably find jac will be our fb

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought we already had a recruitment suggestions/ kennel supercoach thread?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can he play in the forwards?

I'd rather get a few forwards with the money. And while we dont have a Tedesco, Paps or Mitchell type fullback, 13 clubs don't. Gutherson is a tier lower and probably best of the rest. Not including t turbo until he plays often enough to benefit the team over a season.

We do have in 2022 JAC, Meaney, Averillo, Hopoate, DWZ, Corey Allen who can play fb.

If we dont get forwards first who can bend the line and offload, the backs wont get any action.

Chasing a star fb when needing forwards is like putting all your money into painting your car, when the engine is running on 1 cylinder.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep as good as it sounds, not a high priority for now BUT we could go all in for him after Nov 1 if we think we will have the cap space, then he rocks up here Nov 2022.Not sure we can afford a + $1mil fullback though..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the annoying words of Gus, “No no no no no..”

We are not winning the middle of the paddock and cleaning out all our forwards bar Thompson, Topine, Hetherington, Elliot and Jackson (mostly because he will be difficult to offload) is a must. We need at least 1 Topshelf prop , a gun or potential gun 9 and a ball playing middle.

If we were making ground in defence and attack the space provided would make even the likes of Cotric, DWZ and Flanagan look good. Throw in Burton, JAC, and a mature Averillo and you have some attacking fire power.

Fix the grunt and ball delivery and then the pretty boys can go take their attacking glory.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the annoying words of Gus, “No no no no no..”

We are not winning the middle of the paddock and cleaning out all our forwards bar Thompson, Topine, Hetherington, Elliot and Jackson (mostly because he will be difficult to offload) is a must. We need at least 1 Topshelf prop , a gun or potential gun 9 and a ball playing middle.

If we were making ground in defence and attack the space provided would make even the likes of Cotric, DWZ and Flanagan look good. Throw in Burton, JAC, and a mature Averillo and you have some attacking fire power.

Fix the grunt and ball delivery and then the pretty boys can go take their attacking glory.
Please explain who is out there to sign that’s top shelf in the positions u mentioned?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please explain who is out there to sign that’s top shelf in the positions u mentioned?
Excellent point. I wanted Walmsley from England who Thompson would rate highly, I also desperately wanted to see Brandon Smith come in as a Hooker/back rower because what he brings you can build a winning team around.

I would have paid up to a million for David Fafita and that will prove to be peanuts in years to come. Think about Anthony Milford, who would you want, Fafita for a mil or Milford?

Bromich from the Storm, Marty Tapau in a new environment playing with Thommo, Hetho etc might have a 2nd coming. I would have signed Josh Macguire but that dumb dumb coach Hook signed him. What a flop the Dragons are only 4-1..

Also I am sure there is a few players out there not “in love” with their coach or club. That’s what the big teams do, they sniff out a trade/deal and just get it done.

Its about time we became a big team/club again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can he play in the forwards?

I'd rather get a few forwards with the money. And while we dont have a Tedesco, Paps or Mitchell type fullback, 13 clubs don't. Gutherson is a tier lower and probably best of the rest. Not including t turbo until he plays often enough to benefit the team over a season.

We do have in 2022 JAC, Meaney, Averillo, Hopoate, DWZ, Corey Allen who can play fb.

If we dont get forwards first who can bend the line and offload, the backs wont get any action.

Chasing a star fb when needing forwards is like putting all your money into painting your car, when the engine is running on 1 cylinder.
What do you do if there's no motors good enough. Miss out all together or booking the best spray painter when he's available?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I said we should sign dufty when he had fallen out of favour and off contract on the last occasion. We didn’t even fart in his direction. He would be a value buy and wouldn’t be too expensive. He’s better than Corey Allen.