Drop Okunbor and Lewis absolutely rubbish.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just don’t get why it’s always our teams that have wingers who can’t catch, hookers who can’t pass, halves who can’t kick. Fucking hell
We need to restructure our entire coaching group. From strength & conditioning to forwards, back, halves coaching.

eg. Sticky brought Ennis in over the offseason and the current Raiders side has been playing for the full 80 in their opening 5 games. There is a whole lot of dynamics to coaching staff and i honestly think that we are way off the pace.

Even Bellamy sends a few of his players to Sydney during the offseason, to be coached by Mathew Johns.

Recruitment is absolutely crucial, though coaches are just as crucial

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's only new but can harden up and tackle like someone just spat in his mothers face.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And replace them with who ? There is no decent halves to replace lewis atm and I'd rather okunbor than crighton/montoya

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was just trying anything to try and get a breakthrough, he was playing with his youth today and it showed lucky his defence was stellar. Our middle let us down and without it the young halves can’t be expected to do everything themselves.

We need Foran back. And we need Napa back. Different side without either of them.

The ***** in here jumping up and down after one week over people who haven’t played a full season of first grade yet need to be segregated to a fucking trash forum.

Would love to uppercut the lot of you.
Have you got a good uppercut?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And replace them with who ? There is no decent halves to replace lewis atm and I'd rather okunbor than crighton/montoya
I’m not too sure about Okonbur

The bloke has feet for hands

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Once you have learnt the basics, catching the high ball is just a confidence thing. Drop the first one and there's a good chance you'll drop more. Last week he caught everything the Smiths and Munster threw his way, so he can catch them, he just needs confidence plus selective short term memory loss, forget about the last one you dropped, just catch this one.

Go Dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the rest of the team get dropped for not applying pressure on the kicker

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not having ago at okunbor for one bad game - iv watched him play over the last four or five years - yesterday is how he has played more often than not. Lewis has great defence and work ethic but is limited in attack - if his attack was to improve as much as his defence has he would be a quality first grade half.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were never in that game, Saints were to enthusiastic, hard ball running etc, weight of possession & field position, but saying that did we have a game plan I'd say no, they did you could see it,

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not having ago at okunbor for one bad game - iv watched him play over the last four or five years - yesterday is how he has played more often than not. Lewis has great defence and work ethic but is limited in attack - if his attack was to improve as much as his defence has he would be a quality first grade half.
Totally right.. There is a reason why Okunbor has been shifted to the wing and now its clear for all to see hence why I keep saying we all gotta wait until his balls drop.

Lewis is a gun, few flaws but will become a solid pro one day, in time.

I was actually very impressed with Coggar yesterday, in a losing side the kid showed plenty of ticker. Reminds me of a typical bulldogs half, little nuggety ball player with plenty of heart. Should get him to watch some footage of Polly and Terry, on repeat.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
God some of you lot are pathetic.

Constantly finding reasons to have a go at our own players, especially young ones.

Maybe the issue is with YOU putting such high expectations on them. Having seen them play one game, a majority were calling for blood. We played half decent in another 2 games and there were calls that we had the best spine etc. in years.

Realise that this year is simply rebuilding. Gaining character and experience. It's a learning curve.

Stop being a bunch of d*ckheads and back the lads a little.
I agree SS, we just have to be patient this year and next. We will have some good performances but also some horrible ones. Our young blokes need to learn to deal with the week in week out grind. We will become a decent team once the gap decreases between our best and our worst performances.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis was heavily targeted and its up to the forwards to create more space, how long until Mariner gets a reprieve?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I hate to think how many more heads would have rolled if some Kennel like minded people where in charge of the 'Guillotine'.

Have we become so disenchanted with the Bulldogs that we have forgotten how to allow our kids to develop ? We have lost heaps of young players since 2012, do we want to lose more ?

Only five games played, relax people, this is a spine that hasn't even played 70 first grade games collectively. We don't have any champion players ( cannot count part timer Foran ) to guide our young 'spine' players and/or take the pressure of them. Do we honestly expect our kids to match the battle hardened and experienced Storm, Easts, Souths, Brisbane or Saint spines ?

Lessons are learnt from competition and mistakes, this should be our objective this year. If it turns out that no improvement is shown, fine no argument, the debate " it's time to move them on " is valid. Frustration ? I've got no doubt it's pain is felt by everyone here. But surely don't you all think that these young kids wearing our colors deserve more patience ?

As Jean-Jacques Rousseau once said "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet".

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I just don’t get why it’s always our teams that have wingers who can’t catch, hookers who can’t pass, halves who can’t kick. Fucking hell
Blame Des

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's bring Frawley back and promote Montoya lol there is absolutely nobody to bring in for any position basically. This is what we have this year and people need to accept that
Maybe you and I should get our heads together and mastermind a James Bond type raid on uncle Nick's paper bag dealer. I'll run this top secret plan past you, tell me what you think.

First we need to go undercover and pretend that we are casual paper bag users. I promise you, my eighties gear together with my mate's decked out " Sandman " panel van will seal the deal. Don't worry about the eye candy blowing our cover. We'll roundup a couple of stupid bimbos and we'll convince them that we are 'Starsky and Hutch'.
Once the paper bag dealer has got his guard down, we will sneako and frame him until he's stitched, preferably bail refused.
Bridging up, with chest puffed out, we will red light him to the crime commission and watch with glee as they confiscate his prized paper bags.
Before he's got time to sweet talk the judge or perv at the bimbos we'll snooker his paper bags ! From what I hear, you have quite a reputation with the girls when it comes to fast roaming hands. So I leave this final but most delicate task to you.

100% if we don't drop the ball, trust me bro this plan will definitely change the quality of " players we have " for next year.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Josh Jackson play? Did not notice him on the field, this is when your captain needs to step up big time.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is doing great for his level of experience. Name one half that played excellent every week in a shit team in their first twenty games?

Okunbor is trash as anyone that has watched him come through would know. It was embarrassing how much everyone was praising him that hasn’t watched his game last year. He can’t tackle and he can’t catch.

Meaney has been great and is our long term fullback. Has great natural skill as a fullback and will continue to develop.

We missed Napa’s energy dramatically today. He leads our pack into a whole different style of play.

Cogger is still only in his second game for the club and has a long way to go.

We desperately need a hooker. That is what we are missing. We need an Ennis again.
Totally agree, okenbur played well against the storm but generally lacks effort , he just seems to surrender too easily. Theres no real challenge for the ball either.
He looks the goods but has no drive.

Sam perrett was half his size, double his age but could finish off 10 x better than this guy just from having a great work ethic .