Drop Okunbor and Lewis absolutely rubbish.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thurston wasn’t much at that age Cronk johns the same Lewis is the future I wouldn’t be throwing him under the bus Okunbor will get better with experience
Some common sense... people forget we have a spine with under 70 games between them... playing behind a pack that could not keep up with the opposition...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knee jerk thread

Lewis was horrible today but the problem with us is 15/17 choose to have off games together

Okunbor needs work under high ball but who was the last winger we had that was good at defending kicks (bombs or crosses)

I have been saying this for last 3 years

We are the worst at defending kicks any kind of kick

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
and Cogger was great?

he was fucken non existent atleast Lewis was trying and had a shit day with the ball.

that bomb try from Cogger was clumsy as fuck. 3 on 1 and instead of passing he kicked which was made dead by dragons.

Cogger did SFA all day.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more, they need time and they will make mistakes, it happens to everyone.

Like someone else said though, Lewis needs to lose his cockiness, watching him running out smiling and winking at people is not the arrogance we need to see.

I’m all for confidence, but there’s a fine line between that and arrogance.

He has a long way to go before he can be that cocky.

I like the kid, I just wish he’d let his footy do the talking and get rid of that shit...
I think he's just happy to be in the team and trying to enjoy it. He is still green as. He has a bit of a quirky personality buthonestly he is the only one who looked like he wanted to be there when they ran out. Shame the rest don't have hos additude

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbor has been ordinary since under 18s - he runs harder than before but he still doesn't tackle, hold the ball consistently or display enough urgency. lewis defensively is excellent but his attack is woeful.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
and Cogger was great?

he was fucken non existent atleast Lewis was trying and had a shit day with the ball.

that bomb try from Cogger was clumsy as fuck. 3 on 1 and instead of passing he kicked which was made dead by dragons.

Cogger did SFA all day.
That play from Cogger was diabolical...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis wasn’t great today he was targeted heavily by the dragons today and it worked well he needs to learn to adapt and give himself more time and I think he will in saying that or forwards where shit today and where dominated in the middle by the dragons it’s hard for any half to play well off the back of that and it all falls on him in attack Cogger was invisible for 60 mins.if someone can teach Okunbor to tackle he’d make a decent second rower his hands aren’t FG winger standard

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate, I’m sure he’s stoked and I do like the kid and I’m like everyone else that’s desperate to see him kick on.

I’m just old school with that, earn the respect first - I remember when Soward used to do that shit - just rubs me up the wrong way...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
and Cogger was great?

Cogger did SFA all day.
Mentioned last week he has shown nothing except the same nothing shitty kick that goes down the players throat every time.

I hope he comes good because we have nothing/nobody.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a mug like that as if you wouldn’t be cocky

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That play from Cogger was diabolical...

goes to show he is not a natural half.

That was dumb as bad shit and even Ben roberts would have made the correct decision in that play and Roberts had more brain farts than anyone in the game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of you really need to give yourselves a massive uppercut, then have someone kick yourselves in the private areas.

Two young lads who're going to learn. The whole team is young and this year is all about building character. Dropping Lewis or any other young kid now would do more damage than good. It's a learning curve for them and they just have to go through it.

Would be more looking to some of the older / more experienced players personally rather than throwing the youngens under the bus.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you really need to give yourselves a massive uppercut, then have someone kick yourselves in the private areas.

Two young lads who're going to learn. The whole team is young and this year is all about building character. Dropping Lewis or any other young kid now would do more damage than good. It's a learning curve for them and they just have to go through it.

Would be more looking to some of the older / more experienced players personally rather than throwing the youngens under the bus.
And to be fair, you usually only drop someone if you had someone better to promote/replace.

*cue crickets

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bottom line for mine is we got dominated through the middle third all match and that’s got fuck all to with Lewis or Okunbor Vaughn and jammer tore us a new asshole

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis is doing great for his level of experience. Name one half that played excellent every week in a shit team in their first twenty games?

Okunbor is trash as anyone that has watched him come through would know. It was embarrassing how much everyone was praising him that hasn’t watched his game last year. He can’t tackle and he can’t catch.

Meaney has been great and is our long term fullback. Has great natural skill as a fullback and will continue to develop.

We missed Napa’s energy dramatically today. He leads our pack into a whole different style of play.

Cogger is still only in his second game for the club and has a long way to go.

We desperately need a hooker. That is what we are missing. We need an Ennis again.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bottom line for mine is we got dominated through the middle third all match and that’s got fuck all to with Lewis or Okunbor Vaughn and jammer tore us a new asshole
We need grubs and i promise you i couldnt give 2 fucks if they are Queenslanders or New South Welshmen.

Fuck ill take a Mongolian if they are any good

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No depth to cover Lewis..

Lewis is too inconsistent at moment.. some good games and some absolute rubbish from him..

Need more consistency from a halfback..
He’s bit a halfback, for starters. He should be playing 6 and Cogger playing 7 rather than trying to make Lewis a halfback so Foran can play 6 if and when he can get his body right.

Without Lewis’ d, we lose by even more today.

He’s a good player who is young and playing out of position...

We have a young side. Look st the combines experience of our spine. Of course they are going to struggle for consistency.