DROP BEAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. - Drop Bear Tribute Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, and no problems at all with the kind words exchanged. Pete was one of those people with a magnetic personality, and we feel absolutely honored to be able to have called him a member here.

Knowing how Peter was, you must be a wonderful person too.. :grinning:

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Invisible. That is high praise. As I said, I have big shoes to fill, but I'm growing into them lol.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Invisible. That is high praise. As I said, I have big shoes to fill, but I'm growing into them lol.
By the way
To you personally
Condolences for the loss of your dad.
You will never forget him, and it will always hurt.
I hope you are coping well and enjoy your Christmas with your family,
I know Pete would have wanted you all to enjoy life.

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words Papa Het. A man like my father leaves a space that cannot be filled with anything else. I know that this Christmas will be particularly hard (and already is). My birthday is a day after his, which is also going to be hard, but we will have a few drinks in his honour and keep a place for him at the table. Gone, but not forgotten. :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. I am Peter's daughter. Have put a small introduction in the introduce yourself forum. :grinning: I've been reading all the tributes here and I'm blown away!
Welcome..these tributes just show what a great guy your dad was..which you knew anyway.. :-)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks South of Heaven. It's great to be here :grinning:
i got to call dropbear a few times when he was in hospital. we had a few nice conversations about family ect ect.
we had a bet last year who ever lost in the eels and dogs game had to have the opposition teams colours in their avatar till seasons end. he knew it was killing me and told me i dont have to do it no more .i stuck the bet out.now im happy to fly the eels colours for him and cant bring myself to change the bloody avatar lol

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. I am Peter's daughter. Have put a small introduction in the introduce yourself forum. :grinning: I've been reading all the tributes here and I'm blown away!
Hey my lovely - great to see you here.
This mob are a terrific bunch and will look after you.
If they get out of hand then just call on Assassin - he will sort them quick smart. lol

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
i got to call dropbear a few times when he was in hospital. we had a few nice conversations about family ect ect.
we had a bet last year who ever lost in the eels and dogs game had to have the opposition teams colours in their avatar till seasons end. he knew it was killing me and told me i dont have to do it no more .i stuck the bet out.now im happy to fly the eels colours for him and cant bring myself to change the bloody avatar lol
He used to talk about the bet. It gave him a laugh many times when he spoke about it. :grinning:

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey my lovely - great to see you here.
This mob are a terrific bunch and will look after you.
If they get out of hand then just call on Assassin - he will sort them quick smart. lol
Thanks for the tip ;). It was only a matter of time before I joined. :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My birthday is a day after his, which is also going to be hard, but we will have a few drinks in his honour and keep a place for him at the table. Gone, but not forgotten. :grinning:
That's exactly it...

My grandmother passed unexpectedly and suddenly two days after my birthday from a stroke. The first year was the hardest as we were a really close family, but thereafter it becomes easier. You are right, they may be gone from this earth but they are not forgotten and always there when we need them.

Not sure if you've had this sort of experience or not.. but I'm a massive skeptic. Don't believe in ghosts, paranormal activity, religion, etc etc. Karma, respect given respect gained, and that everything that happens in life is outside out control are the only things I believe in.

Anyway in order to honor my nan I was busy building a planter box for roses (as she loved and had the most beautiful roses in her gardens). Working away I was deep in thought and thoguht someone was watching me. Glanced to the side and saw my nan standing there smiling at me. I was like "nope seeing things"... "Nan if its you show me a sign". My cars blinkers flashed and car unlocked (I was in garage). I was like "hmm ok" "Nan was that you". My car locked itself and blinkers flashed again. My car keys were upstairs on bedside table.

I haven't seen her since, but I read (on paranormal sites) later on that loved ones often appear in partial or full image (depending on that persons paranormal psyche) to let them know they are still there if needed.

and from all of this, I've developed a love of gardening.. something I had zero interest in previously.

I'm sure (either already or in time), you'll find something similar you can share with your father to remember him by. :grinning: Maybe it's this forum!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Welcome DB Jnr!

Still miss him, he has that effect on people.

PS he really really loved you, we talked a lot and he always talked about you. I already know you are a great person just like your dad was.

We are privileged to have you here.

Like Col said, anyone pisses you off you come to me lol Kidding, this place is filled with good people.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welcome @Dropbear junior.
I got a 'like' from you this morning and was thinking "could it be ?"
I remember when your old man first came here, I blasted him for being a troll, lol.
As it turned out, he was anything but. He was much loved. A real gentleman.
I also lost my dad this year. So I can imagine how special it would be to come in here and see how much he touched people in a world you knew little about.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Man, Pete is up there organising an Eels premiership as we speak lol
He's also pulling strings to get you a new heart and new life.

We all know his legacy was organ donation and you can be sure he's looking down from above trying his damnest to get your new heart, AND giving you the strength you need to battle on until that heart comes :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's also pulling strings to get you a new heart and new life.

We all know his legacy was organ donation and you can be sure he's looking down from above trying his damnest to get your new heart, AND giving you the strength you need to battle on until that heart comes :grinning:
It's good to have Pete on my side.