Dragons COVID Breach

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just find the fines extreme. To say Vaughan $50000, that’s a lot of money. Everyone says but they earn so much, not really. That’s 50K after tax, when a player may earn 400K before tax. It’s pot a 25% hit to the bottom line. It’s been done now, I’ve always thought the fines handed around are too heavy. Just glad it’s Saints and not us for once.
$50k for the club is one thing. That is huge on Vaughan; but he did breach the covid rules last year, so has carry over I guess.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck the world is full of sheep. Imagine wanting people to be in trouble because they were hanging out with their mates in a private setting.
Straw man argument. Deliberately breaching NRL instructions, and government instructions, is not "hanging out with mates".
They tried to hide, and lied about it; so they knew they doing the wrong thing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how many more breaches have gone unnoticed?
i'd say a lot, just like the general public.

I was supposed to be visiting family in NSW during Brisbane's lockdown, and probably had a 90% chance of getting away with it, but did I really want to be "that guy"?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just find the fines extreme. To say Vaughan $50000, that’s a lot of money. Everyone says but they earn so much, not really. That’s 50K after tax, when a player may earn 400K before tax. It’s pot a 25% hit to the bottom line. It’s been done now, I’ve always thought the fines handed around are too heavy. Just glad it’s Saints and not us for once.
He's on 800k, so 50k isnt 25%, its more like 6%. The equivelant of a $3k fine if you earn 50k a year. I'm sure the NRL will allow him to pay it off rather than lump sum too

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after being specifically told by their football manager and coach not to have a beer together after their GP win against the Warriors they decide within 24 hours to have a house party. Norman flees the cops while his car with personalised plates sits out the front of the house where the party was being held and his wallet was left on the BBQ. Meanwhile De Belin tries to hide under a bed.

Rock moss is smarter than these blokes.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Norman flees the cops while his car with personalised plates sits out the front of the house where the party was being held and his wallet was left on the BBQ. Meanwhile De Belin tries to hide under a bed.

I am shocked that Norman is so dumb, that he can breath on his own without help.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
So after being specifically told by their football manager and coach not to have a beer together after their GP win against the Warriors they decide within 24 hours to have a house party. Norman flees the cops while his car with personalised plates sits out the front of the house where the party was being held and his wallet was left on the BBQ. Meanwhile De Belin tries to hide under a bed.

since when is a few beers watching footy with your team mates a house party? if that’s a house party then you’ve never been to a house party. either that or you’re a drama queen.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

Who the fuck leaves their wallet out of their pocket unless you are looking for notes to rack up with? You got your licence your Medicare your bank card your bloody library card …

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
since when is a few beers watching footy with your team mates a house party? if that’s a house party then you’ve never been to a house party. either that or you’re a drama queen.
I agree but you are not allowed to do it. I don’t care about the whole nanny state thing because the fact is it’s still a thing if you like it or not. $50,000 is a lot of money. Having said that what if he said no fuck off I’m not giving money to anyone I wonder what would happen?