Opinion Doorey is 100% first grade material.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was very good. You'd think it wouldn't cost much to re-sign him so he'd be a good backup option near the minimum.
It begs the question, why didn't he get a chance earlier and why isn't Topine in the 21 each week when he's rated higher than Doorey?
This season is all about development yet Tolman and Napa still play 60 minutes a game.
This season was about Pay keeping his job and now it's about SG getting another job. They didn't/don't care about development, that's Barrett's job and he ain't here.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And if you are comparing him to Leilua then please no. BJ is literally fatter than his brother now.
The sight of Foran, whose legs are more busted than than a 1979 Datsun Sunny thats been in the back paddock of a wreckers since 1991, run around BJ, and than outpace him down the field, was one of the best moments of yesterdays game. There is a reason Canberra got rid of him, anyone who suggests he is a top quality first grader needs to be shown that footage on loop. I can't think of a single other back in the comp that Foran would be likely to do that to, he wouldn't be able to do it to most of the forwards either.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different players. Doorey looks like a great hole runner. He reminds me a abit of Andrew Ryan actually.

I think Doorey can easily lock down one of our second row spots for next season. RFM is good in patches but he is better suited off the bench.
Well we have Jackson 700k, Elliot 450k, Thompson 700k-800k. Close to 2mil locked up on these 3 players is absolutely ridiculous. 20% of our total cap is the worst. Should've let Elliot walk and saved some cash, Elliot is easily replaced by a young fella like Doorey for 110k

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This season was about Pay keeping his job and now it's about SG getting another job. They didn't/don't care about development, that's Barrett's job and he ain't here.

Go Dogs
I agree. That's why the club need to step in and insist certain players are picked. I'm assuming that's why Doorey was picked. Now they need to do the same with Renouf and Topine.

Malla

Reaction score
The sight of Foran, whose legs are more busted than than a 1979 Datsun Sunny thats been in the back paddock of a wreckers since 1991, run around BJ, and than outpace him down the field, was one of the best moments of yesterdays game. There is a reason Canberra got rid of him, anyone who suggests he is a top quality first grader needs to be shown that footage on loop. I can't think of a single other back in the comp that Foran would be likely to do that to, he wouldn't be able to do it to most of the forwards either.
Hahaha almost choked on my beer when it happened. Seriously tho how fat is BJ? I can't understand how a first grade player puts on that much weight in a few months. Thank god we didnt sign him.

Also I reckon Foran does that to Holland and Montoya on the regular at training.

Malla

Reaction score
Well we have Jackson 700k, Elliot 450k, Thompson 700k-800k. Close to 2mil locked up on these 3 players is absolutely ridiculous. 20% of our total cap is the worst. Should've let Elliot walk and saved some cash, Elliot is easily replaced by a young fella like Doorey for 110k
I think Thompsons future is the front row. Don't know how much Tolman is on but that's hopefully some money saved next year and I hope we can offload Napa as he is on some coin too.

I think we need somewhere around the 250-300k range to keep Doorey. He's got a heap of potential, showed signs in reggies and already after his first game. Even if you look at the way he supported for his first try.. heads up football, the presence of mind to support through the middle.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weddings are up to 150 people. Shouldn’t need time off to plan it though so sounds like BS
Exactly.. like which men have anything to do with planning a wedding anyway?.. I only had one task that my wife set me.. just organise the cars she said... Lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Why on earth would Barrett want to join this train wreck of a season.. he'd be on a hiding to nothing.. best to start a fresh chapter with a "fairly" blank page and a full preseason.... I have no doubt he is as involved as he can be in the roster for next year...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Thompsons future is the front row. Don't know how much Tolman is on but that's hopefully some money saved next year and I hope we can offload Napa as he is on some coin too.

I think we need somewhere around the 250-300k range to keep Doorey. He's got a heap of potential, showed signs in reggies and already after his first game. Even if you look at the way he supported for his first try.. heads up football, the presence of mind to support through the middle.
Going off of what I've seen of Thompson this year, I would rather Elliot in the front row before moving Thompson there....... And I don't want Elliot anywhere near front row

Malla

Reaction score
Going off of what I've seen of Thompson this year, I would rather Elliot in the front row before moving Thompson there....... And I don't want Elliot anywhere near front row
Yeah we are being a bit too harsh on Thompson tho. Coming across mid year, its hard to adjust. He needs an off season under his belt. He definitely doesn't look like he has the cardio in him to cope at first grade, but thats just the way ESL is played.

Am confident he will adjust particularly under Baz' coaching. Look at Burgess first year. Took him a good couple years to find his feet. Graham was coming off the bench for the first year and a half. Thompson basically walked into the starting team of a sinking Dean Pay shit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why on earth would Barrett want to join this train wreck of a season.. he'd be on a hiding to nothing.. best to start a fresh chapter with a "fairly" blank page and a full preseason.... I have no doubt he is as involved as he can be in the roster for next year...
So he doesn't get stuck with "a train wreck" (your words) at the start of next season. One that takes him half a season to fix, that if he spent the rest of this season working on wouldn't be. If he started when he signed then it would be accepted that he's coming in mid season and might just get cut some slack (not on here of course). He'll be expected to perform from kick off the first trial next season.

Go Dogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. That's why the club need to step in and insist certain players are picked. I'm assuming that's why Doorey was picked. Now they need to do the same with Renouf and Topine.
Can't take your post seriously. You need to bold and underline some words.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he doesn't get stuck with "a train wreck" (your words) at the start of next season. One that takes him half a season to fix, that if he spent the rest of this season working on wouldn't be. If he started when he signed then it would be accepted that he's coming in mid season and might just get cut some slack (not on here of course). He'll be expected to perform from kick off the first trial next season.

Go Dogs
No one is expecting to win the comp next year, I'd be happy just to see a new style of play different from the past 5 years and the best possible team selected week in week out.... if a full preseason isn't enough for Barrett to put his mark on this team, then maybe he should not be a first grade coach.. like I also said he would definitely be in all discussions for possible new recruits, so what is the problem..

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see him get a run. By this stage of the season anyone who is not signed for next year should be replaced to give these young guns some game time.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha almost choked on my beer when it happened. Seriously tho how fat is BJ? I can't understand how a first grade player puts on that much weight in a few months. Thank god we didnt sign him.

Also I reckon Foran does that to Holland and Montoya on the regular at training.
Well I think Holland does that to people too at training