Opinion Doorey is 100% first grade material.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the game I thought we could use someone like Doorey in the centres to counter the monster centres we have to face.
Most sides seem to have big mobile guys who can break a tackle, and be hard to stop near the line. They don't have abundant speed, but use what they have to burst through and set up their faster wingers and fullbacks; they also draw a lot of defense, opening up gaps for the fast guys.
That was what won the game for the Tigers yesterday. Our centres were soft in comparison.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
He had a good crack. Hopefully we wrap him up for a while, looks like he has a lot of promise.

If there's anything good about the back half of this season is seeing this bloke hopefully finish the year in first grade.

Malla

Reaction score
Watching the game I thought we could use someone like Doorey in the centres to counter the monster centres we have to face.
Most sides seem to have big mobile guys who can break a tackle, and be hard to stop near the line. They don't have abundant speed, but use what they have to burst through and set up their faster wingers and fullbacks; they also draw a lot of defense, opening up gaps for the fast guys.
That was what won the game for the Tigers yesterday. Our centres were soft in comparison.
He is not a centre.

Malla

Reaction score
And if you are comparing him to Leilua then please no. BJ is literally fatter than his brother now.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But even they reached there end time and got cancelled.
Good point. Like most TV shows, and like Tolman, they went on for 1-2 seasons too long.
First 7 seasons were fantastic but the last 2 seasons were crap
Tolman's first few years he was good but the last couple of years he has also been crap. Time for Tolman to get cancelled :laughing:

Malla

Reaction score
Good point. Like most TV shows, and like Tolman, they went on for 1-2 seasons too long.
First 7 seasons were fantastic but the last 2 seasons were crap
Tolman's first few years he was good but the last couple of years he has also been crap. Time for Tolman to get cancelled :laughing:
I think Des Ball was the reason why Tolman went on a little too long.

Des was all about the percentage's and the stats. Tolman on paper seemed like a great forward because he took x amount of runs per game, made x amount of effective tackles bla bla bla.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm stating the bleeding obvious

Dragons - cogger plays (in place of shitbag lewis) we win
Parra - renouf and ogden play (in place of take the tap tolman) we win
And again today SG sticks with plodders ahead of renouf.

I think someone here (think it was BigM or finchie who both usually have reliable sources ) said SG wasn't happy with renoufs leg speed. Is that a fucking joke when comparing to powder puff tolman and napa?
I do agree in some respects Cogger is a better half than Lewis which is no real endorsement. The reason Cogger looked good a times and they weren't that often (he scored a great try) was that for the first time in a lot of matched our forwards were rolling forward which is so important for a half to do his job. Foran also looked good today.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I do agree in some respects Cogger is a better half than Lewis which is no real endorsement. The reason Cogger looked good a times and they weren't that often (he scored a great try) was that for the first time in a lot of matched our forwards were rolling forward which is so important for a half to do his job. Foran also looked good today.
If any half has played games where our forwards have been rolled its wakeham not lewis. Lewis has had heaps of games our forwards matched the other team and he hasn't done shit

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First it was a shoulder injury, then he was afforded time away to plan his wedding?
Yet under covid bs it’s only ever going to be a very small wedding regardless
He’d be the first forward picked if I was coach
Trent barret will love him
Weddings are up to 150 people. Shouldn’t need time off to plan it though so sounds like BS

Malla

Reaction score
Why did we sign Elliot when this kid does the job for minimum wage.....
Different players. Doorey looks like a great hole runner. He reminds me a abit of Andrew Ryan actually.

I think Doorey can easily lock down one of our second row spots for next season. RFM is good in patches but he is better suited off the bench.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some guys just look like 1st graders and this kid is one of em. And he's only 20. His football instincts are good. Watch his reaction when Foran sneaks through the line and compare that to some of other players who have no idea what it means to support the ball runner.