Opinion Doorey is 100% first grade material.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No one is expecting to win the comp next year, I'd be happy just to see a new style of play different from the past 5 years and the best possible team selected week in week out.... if a full preseason isn't enough for Barrett to put his mark on this team, then maybe he should not be a first grade coach.. like I also said he would definitely be in all discussions for possible new recruits, so what is the problem..
My opinion, and it's only my opinion so not worth much, is that he should stop chasing the potential glory of an assistance coaches premiership with Penrith and get down to work with us full time. As if anyone remembers who was the assistant coach anyway.

Go Dogs

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we paying Barrett at the moment?
Also we paid Pay’s salary for the rest of his contract didn’t we, even though he quit early?
Maybe the club doesn’t want to pay two FT coach wages simultaneously and that’s another reason why he’s staying at Panthers.
Would love him to be focussing solely on the dogs but as long as he’s good to go from day one of the off-season

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion, and it's only my opinion so not worth much, is that he should stop chasing the potential glory of an assistance coaches premiership with Penrith and get down to work with us full time. As if anyone remembers who was the assistant coach anyway.

Go Dogs
fuck me not happening give it a rest

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I honestly don't think that is the sole motivation there, but that's my opinion..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are we paying Barrett at the moment?
Also we paid Pay’s salary for the rest of his contract didn’t we, even though he quit early?
Maybe the club doesn’t want to pay two FT coach wages simultaneously and that’s another reason why he’s staying at Panthers.
Would love him to be focussing solely on the dogs but as long as he’s good to go from day one of the off-season
Pay wouldn't of had a big pay out. It's in Barrett's best interests even without being paid now to be preparing for next year.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs endured a heart-breaking 29-28 defeat to Wests Tigers in Round 14 but it was a bittersweet moment for Matt Doorey who made his long-awaited NRL debut on Sunday.

Doorey had been waiting in the wings as a development player this season before earning a spot in the Bulldogs Top 30 squad. He was called upon by interim coach Steve Georgallis and celebrated the milestone with a first-half try that sent the Bulldogs' faithful into ruptures.

Although the one-point loss was a disappointing end for an otherwise special occasion, it was a fitting performance from the fearless back-rower who crafted his trade in the club's Canterbury Cup NSW and Jersey Flegg Cup squads in the past two years.

He's been a big part of the NSWRL Pathways Program playing for the victorious CABE NSW Under 18s and 20s teams in 2018 and 2019, while also playing for the Australian Schoolboys in 2018.

His incredible development culminated into an impressive 54-minute stint in his NRL debut, recording one try, 110m, two tackle-breaks and 21 tackles in a glimpse of what the future can hold for the barnstorming 20-year-old.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
N

Go Dogs
Now your going on like a 6 year old that didnt get the correct present off santa. Him being here over next 5 weeks or not will make fuck all of a difference, now get over it. If it was pay u would be saying he needs a holiday hes such a wonderful coach. How can u support pay so hard and not give barret a couple of months to finish a top job that hes done.
Actually id rather not hear it thanks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Now your going on like a 6 year old that didnt get the correct present off santa. Him being here over next 5 weeks or not will make fuck all of a difference, now get over it. If it was pay u would be saying he needs a holiday hes such a wonderful coach. How can u support pay so hard and not give barret a couple of months to finish a top job that hes done.
Actually id rather not hear it thanks.
Barrett actually signed a month ago (announced 22nd July) , so it would have been ~10 weeks which is plenty of time to "make a difference".

Go Dogs

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doorey kid looked the goods. If Stimson Elliot come back well from injury and add Thomson to the fray, then it's looking good for us. Rfm toomaga sue Napa(contract year.he has to perform). One more big meter prop required and we cover most bases in the pack. Of course we need a good 9 but if it don't happen then JMK and katoa need to be alternated better. So far neither have shown 80 min players. But they do well when they get injected at the right time.