No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He carnt even get the dragons to finish in the top 8 ,and has had a good crack at it ( note at 1.1m per season) how is he going to do it here??
Mentioned it a couple of times last year he would be a sensational buy for us instant top 8 team with his leadership imo. Pressure of Burto to so he can develop hopefully it gets done

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He carnt even get the dragons to finish in the top 8 ,and has had a good crack at it ( note at 1.1m per season) how is he going to do it here??
when you have a dragons board who are absolutely clueless, no matter which coach comes in they struggle to get into the top 4 let alone top 8. Change of environment for hunt is what we need. I hope they sack hook and he chooses to leave and comes to us. Maybe that’s the ploy by Gus speaking to him last year….

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s no source here, no word from my mum who knows some one that knew someone that spoke to someone else.

I’ve just seem a few comments that there maybe rumbling from the Ben Hunt camp re the Hook situation.

Has anyone heard anything substantial, does anyone know if the rumoured get out clauses are real, any solid news about this ?

Ben Hunt

Played 6 ..

Try’s - 4
Av kick metres - 307.68
Forced drop outs - 7
Av run metres - 109
Tackle Eff - 85.7%

If it was ever possible that we could nab him he’s the type of 7 we need, it would definitely cost us, do you think he’d be worth the money.

With a player like him in our team for 2024 & SC at FB, would that make us a top 6 team ?

Just seeing if there’s any real whispers & asking for TK opinions ?
I like Ben hunt as a player, think he offers a lot more than what most give him credit for... in saying that I don't think he's worth what he's getting paid ATM

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Ben hunt as a player, think he offers a lot more than what most give him credit for... in saying that I don't think he's worth what he's getting paid ATM
Then who bra who?
Who?
Who bra?

Everyone that is suggested gets hate here but someone got to be it.

I’ll pay hunt 1.3 if he want it.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then who bra who?
Who?
Who bra?

Everyone that is suggested gets hate here but someone got to be it.

I’ll pay hunt 1.3 if he want it.
There was big talk of an Indian lad a couple of years ago coming through the system who would train a low teir gridiron squad to help his nrl progression... I'd have a look at him.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was big talk of an Indian lad a couple of years ago coming through the system who would train a low teir gridiron squad to help his nrl progression... I'd have a look at him.
Was he 4'3" but measured 5'1" when he had stilettos on at the Oyster bar.....I remember him......um, what's his name....um....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok that 5’2, but 5’4 with shoes (to be accurate) was never meant to be a Ben hunt saviour, he was meant to be a Wakeman style reserve who you can call up to do a job if needed but better. Like a Frawley. Speed and ability.

And he would have been sublime in that role.

Fuck you mulholland and Barret for what happened.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok that 5’2, but 5’4 with shoes (to be accurate) was never meant to be a Ben hunt saviour, he was meant to be a Wakeman style reserve who you can call up to do a job if needed but better. Like a Frawley. Speed and ability.

Wakeman lol

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like Barret didn't know talent when he saw it ey bro?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would help if they lose their next two against Rooter and then us, ensuring Hook is closer to getting the punt.
Interesting Flanagan didn't stay there must not have got on with the coach..or coach was paranoid Flan was the coach in waiting so moved him on...