No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dogs might be torn between short term solution with Hunt who wants long years big money, and waiting on KO to develop who will command big money, how would 2024/25 look with Hunt on 3 year contract but KO demanding upgrade and push for first grade. I don’t envy the actuaries at the Dogs who have Gus in their ear telling them to make it work.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs might be torn between short term solution with Hunt who wants long years big money, and waiting on KO to develop who will command big money, how would 2024/25 look with Hunt on 3 year contract but KO demanding upgrade and push for first grade. I don’t envy the actuaries at the Dogs who have Gus in their ear telling them to make it work.
If Hunt wants a long term we just need to give it to him.
Don’t fuck around with the half position anymore

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Heard that Ben is signing next year for us (5 years) and we'll also get a new major sponsor.
FFS. 34 next year.
5 years!
That’s a lot for a 34 year old. I hope the 5th years is club option at least

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Heard that Ben is signing next year for us (5 years) and we'll also get a new major sponsor.
FFS. 34 next year.
Still would be better than our "halves" combined....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depends how disillusioned he becomes. If they are 2/10 that is Tbaz coaching form and we know what happens.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hunt wants a long term we just need to give it to him.
Don’t fuck around with the half position anymore
100%.
As much as everyone wants Burton to develop into a top 5/8th I think most now know it's either never gonna happen or won't happen in the next few years.

If it IS gonna happen, it's with the assistance of a key and very experienced halfback.

The only players that fit the bill are Cleary, DCE, AReynolds, Hunt, Moses. We can't get the others so must be all in on Hunt.

Fucked up last year when we didn't chase him harder. It was clear to many of us that it was the biggest piece of the puzzle we were missing.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hunt has a couple of years left in him , and I don’t think he will finish his career at the dragqeens.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should’ve blank chequed A.Reynolds when we had the chance.
600k plus TPA would have done it.
Was begging to stay at South’s for 600k.
I don’t get this ‘future’ mentality
Could have had Reynolds and been guaranteed top eight and still have building blocks for the future.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should have gone harder for Adam Reynolds when we had the chance. Spend all our money on outside backs and edge forwards with no one getting the ball out to them or organising anything. Fuck we are bog average and will be until we get an established half. KO will not help. Sure he's better than Flanagan but so is a potato

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Everyone was saying Shaun Johnson's best years were behind him, and look at the year he has had. Everyone said Adam Reynolds didn't have much left in the tank and look at him now. Hunt has plenty left and looks like the Dragons best week in week out.

Flanagan to Hunt would be the biggest roster upgrade we could make for 2024, its a massive upgrade in our weakest position.

3 year deal front loaded with Thompson's money used.