No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s no source here, no word from my mum who knows some one that knew someone that spoke to someone else.

I’ve just seem a few comments that there maybe rumbling from the Ben Hunt camp re the Hook situation.

Has anyone heard anything substantial, does anyone know if the rumoured get out clauses are real, any solid news about this ?

Ben Hunt

Played 6 ..

Try’s - 4
Av kick metres - 307.68
Forced drop outs - 7
Av run metres - 109
Tackle Eff - 85.7%

If it was ever possible that we could nab him he’s the type of 7 we need, it would definitely cost us, do you think he’d be worth the money.

With a player like him in our team for 2024 & SC at FB, would that make us a top 6 team ?

Just seeing if there’s any real whispers & asking for TK opinions ?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be great for a year or 2 but I highly doubt the Dragons are letting him go.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no source here, no word from my mum who knows some one that knew someone that spoke to someone else.

I’ve just seem a few comments that there maybe rumbling from the Ben Hunt camp re the Hook situation.

Has anyone heard anything substantial, does anyone know if the rumoured get out clauses are real, any solid news about this ?

Ben Hunt

Played 6 ..

Try’s - 4
Av kick metres - 307.68
Forced drop outs - 7
Av run metres - 109
Tackle Eff - 85.7%

If it was ever possible that we could nab him he’s the type of 7 we need, it would definitely cost us, do you think he’d be worth the money.

With a player like him in our team for 2024 & SC at FB, would that make us a top 6 team ?

Just seeing if there’s any real whispers & asking for TK opinions ?
Pfft…. We’ve got a cry baby at 7 that’s got No Try Assists, No Line Breaks, No Tries, No nothing…. Wouldn’t be surprised if the club re-signed that flop Flanagan

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to get Ben Hunt for a couple of years.

First year to guarantee we play finals and second year in a succession role.

In fact I'm mighty pissed off we didn't get him when he resigned last year. Black mark against CC and Gus unless KO comes into grade and single handedly gets us to finals this year.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The saints unlike us do have a succession plan with Sullivan coming thru so they may be receptive to cutting hunt loose if he doesn’t want to be there.
A new coach may also have an eye to the future and want to revamp their list and freeing up hunts $ would help.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see us try get Trindall...
I think he could provide us with enough to be competitive...
Ben hunt would be a similar signing what we did years ago with Kimmorley so I wouldn't say no to him either....
AT least with trindall it would give us a bit of extra coin to get some front rowers....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see us try get Trindall...
I think he could provide us with enough to be competitive...
Ben hunt would be a similar signing what we did years ago with Kimmorley so I wouldn't say no to him either....
AT least with trindall it would give us a bit of extra coin to get some front rowers....
I like what I see from KO in reserves and I'm content to see him develop into the key playmaker role.

But he needs a cool experienced head to assist him and Hunt or Adam Reynolds were the type of players we simply HAD to chase. Moses was the last available one.

I don't know why this club continually like to roll the dice on the most important position on the field.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Heard that Ben is signing next year for us (5 years) and we'll also get a new major sponsor.
FFS. 34 next year.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what I see from KO in reserves and I'm content to see him develop into the key playmaker role.

But he needs a cool experienced head to assist him and Hunt or Adam Reynolds were the type of players we simply HAD to chase. Moses was the last available one.

I don't know why this club continually like to roll the dice on the most important position on the field.
Looked poor today