Des has had enough with the referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Toovey didn't cop a $10,000 fine after his cry then Des shouldn't!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should take what Des is saying more seriously because we have won 10 in a row, and hes not complaining about the refs to blame them for losses. We are winning DESPITE bad refereeing. We are just that good, we can win while being robbed of tries and whipped by penalties. Knights had a few bad calls against them too, just not as many and def not in the penalty dept
Oh cmon what bad calls did the Knights get?

We had 3 penalties ALL game...This game just highlighted how strong our team was and how far away the Knights are from us..

Trapped in our own half with no ball and a lopsided penalty count and the Knights only managed one measly try, and all because Uate is an insane attacking winger.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thoose refs ruined that game last night. Instead of it being a slaughter they piggybacked the knights back into it. And can some explain to me why the hell on the last tackle 4 of our guys held up a knights player and then he lost the ball and the ref called strip ball, why the f... uck would we strip the ball on the last tackle when it would of been a turnover and then the knights score off that very next set of six.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being at the game last night it was hard to understand why some of the penalties were given. Does the NRL need to take a look at the NFL and whenever a penalty is given the head ref while 'announce' it via the ground speakers ??

Just a thought.

On another note the stats claimed that we had received 3 penalties, I can only remember one of them, can someone help me out please

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
The coaches aren't whinging for the sake of whinging. The refereeing is a disgrace and unfortunately WILL influence the outcome of the Grand Final.
Well I dunno, I thought Tooveys rant against the refs when they played us was well out of order but then I may have my blue and white glasses on.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Made me laugh, "At the moment, we're sitting in the top four". Under that radar!
HA lol he wouldn't even use "we are sitting on top of the table" to prove his point!

Oh Des :grinning:

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
The refs saying this game is going to change, this game is going to change just before half time !!! Interesting !!! :( The refereeing this year seems to be subpar and should be investigated thoroughly by the NRL.

Sports and gambling is avolatile mix just ask Ryan Tandy, the man that flushed his NRL career down the sewer.
I have been on about this issue for the whole season now, at the beginning some suggested it was our discipline. At times that is correct, but for the majority of the penalties against us, it is nitpicking and mostly one sided. This kind of behaviour from the Refs buries us in our own half and we have to defend stoutly for long periods of the game.

That being said, the amount of defense we have to endure will be a real benefit in those semi final games we play that will be tight. And that will be most of them. All I want to see is a fair rub of the green.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Well I dunno, I thought Tooveys rant against the refs when they played us was well out of order but then I may have my blue and white glasses on.
Des's rant is different because we were on the winning side. Toovey was complaining after being beaten.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
when he talked about the game changing I was thinking oh **** this is going to get ugly. if gallop was there his legal eagle side would be all over it imo.

if the commission doesn't follow this through and have a full investigation then it would seem they had something to hide.imo

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refs all year have been awful. Its going to take a major cock up in a semi or grand final for the commission to get rid of Harrigan and Raper. The dogs have copped a heap of bad calls. Last night the penalties in the ruck were absolutely ridiculous! They are doing it to even the game up. Suttor should be dropped for last nights performance. Maxwell obviously reads Jason Taylor's articles as he went straight upstairs for the second man play when two bulldogs ran into eachother

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
disgraceful refereeing.
i was at the game last night high up in the stand with a great view.
there can be no doubt that the referees tried to get newcastle back into the contest.
apart from the ridiculous penalites (against only one side), on two occasions the games most exciting player (barba)
has the ball in broken play from newcastle errors to ba called back for a scrum.
that is and always has been play on!
i think the referees bet, i cannot fathom any other logical reason for it.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Being at the game last night it was hard to understand why some of the penalties were given. Does the NRL need to take a look at the NFL and whenever a penalty is given the head ref while 'announce' it via the ground speakers ??

Just a thought.

On another note the stats claimed that we had received 3 penalties, I can only remember one of them, can someone help me out please
One early in the game. One early on in the second half on our own line and the third where we kicked the penalty goal at the end of the game. NOT GOOD ENOUGH REFS......

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
The Referees and the commentators wanted the Knights to win. Whenever the Knights had the ball in our half the commentators were like happy and jumping up for joy..

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Freddy said it best on The Footy Show. Referees seem to have a preconceived idea of how a game is going to go, rather than have a blank mind and referee what needs to be refereed.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I listened to the ABC call. It was biased toward the Knights but changed when the flood of penalties started to roll against us. When the ABC questions the validity of the decisions I know that there is a problem. They also couldn't understand why Barba was called back.

In the end, they praised us for our defence against overwhelming odds. When I read about the refs comments that the game was going to change, I couldn't help thinking that it was orchestrated to try and give the local fans something to cheer about.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freddy stuck up for des but that rexona roll on lookalike was being a dikhed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
if there is to be an investigation of the referees then it would be to determine if they were helping us

the most dubious conversation happens after ennis complains about not getting anything from the referee, when the referee then explains a situation where they allowed inu to get away with a penalty in the ruck just after ennis spoke to them previously

then ennis questions why they didnt blow the penalty, the referee then admits that he should have and that he would get in trouble for not(presumably by the referees boss)

so basically there is a referee admitting that he ignored a penalty probably because he is giving a team a break or doesnt want to seem like he is picking on the team, its something ive noticed in the nrl that i dont like, referees talking over the mic about what they should have done
Game, set , match - Rodzilla.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
You are a complete ******. If you were any good at league (or life) you would'nt need the level of attention you seek.

Kill yourself.
That's a horrible thing to say forum or not.. Get out of here toss pot, he has an opinion like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.