Des has had enough with the referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Talks about it in the post match presser:

[video]http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/cby-press-conference/video-e6frf3ou-1226442965181?subcat=1225914658670&site=FoxSports[/video]

He makes some pretty bold statements tbh, what do you think? In touch with reality or sounding just a fraction like other whining coaches that have their team goggles on??

Last edited by a moderator:

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Made me laugh, "At the moment, we're sitting in the top four". Under that radar!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The refs saying this game is going to change, this game is going to change just before half time !!! Interesting !!! :( The refereeing this year seems to be subpar and should be investigated thoroughly by the NRL. This audio evidence that Des spoke about could bring the whole game under disrepute. It wouldn't be the first time a refereeing official tried to influence a game. Just look at Soccer.

Sports and gambling is avolatile mix just ask Ryan Tandy, the man that flushed his NRL career down the sewer.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, might be an interesting week for the NRL. Some calls were blatantly transparent to whatever agenda was happening out there. Especially calling a knockon when Barbs when he scooted away in the second half, dead set joke of a call.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah "the games about to change" said 3 times between refs, just before they blow 4 penalties in a row.

Combine that with the comments at Knights "the last 5 tackles I could have penalised you 4 times" by Suttor, and it doesn't look good at all.

Why do I have a feeling both referees will be called to explain that, and potentially stood down.

Sounds like Des must have had a word to the club before going to the presser, and found out wht he could/couldn't say. I've said for a long time now that I don't think everything is legit between bets and refs. With so many betting options, even though they are not allowed to bet personally, theres no way they could disallow a friend placing a bet for them.

This could blow the lid off something very big.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a point.

I was ready to rip my hair out with their standard of refereeing. They were running off emotions with their calls. It seemed everytime they had an issue with a team, they'd just blow the whistle to piss them off.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Why the F did they call Barba back??? Robbed of a try there!

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
****ing joke of a performance by the pair of'em, if we copped that in a final and it cost us a win I would lose my ****, ridiculous that that's the best we can come up with.

It really feels this year that the refs are worse than ever, so many mistakes each and every week. How hard can it be ffs.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I notcied this as well from the refs and kind of made me sus at why they said this game is about to change

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I notcied this as well from the refs and kind of made me sus at why they said this game is about to change
It is a very odd remark, I am not sure how they can explain themselves.

Wonder if they will even have to, they seem so protected.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe old tinkle toes brought some brown paper bags to the game tonight.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Brett Suttor lacks emotional control.

During one particular confrontation between Mick and both refs, Mick had something to say and I recall Jason telling Brett "Don't worry about it" ... said it several times in fact ..... but nooooo, Brett called Mick over for a "Hey Mick" chat anyway depsite Jason telling him otherwise.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Brett Suttor lacks emotional control.

During one particular confrontation between Mick and both refs, Mick had something to say and I recall Jason telling Brett "Don't worry about it" ... said it several times in fact ..... but nooooo, Brett called Mick over for a "Hey Mick" chat anyway depsite Jason telling him otherwise.
You know I thought that Brett is one of the better refs in the game but geez, he did let his emotions get the worst of him tonight and he let the Knights get away with a few things that deserved to be a penalty for us

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They should take what Des is saying more seriously because we have won 10 in a row, and hes not complaining about the refs to blame them for losses. We are winning DESPITE bad refereeing. We are just that good, we can win while being robbed of tries and whipped by penalties. Knights had a few bad calls against them too, just not as many and def not in the penalty dept

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
we lay all over players and payne and ennis are serial offenders, i thought the refs were fine but hey what would i know i actually used to play rugby league
I was getting ready for work, so was between rooms a lot ... that Suttor thing stood out.

BTW, Does my eight high-school games count as a rugby league career ?

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refs were smiling when they scored especially that skinny little one

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we lay all over players and payne and ennis are serial offenders, i thought the refs were fine but hey what would i know i actually used to play rugby league
Strangely enough Desmond also played rugby league professionally both at club level and representative level and he was at a loss during his presser to understand some of the calls that went against us today and dare I say a few of the audiable remarks made by the men in pink. But ofcourse Godberts we should take your word over Des' since you played the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.