Des has had enough with the referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
we lay all over players and payne and ennis are serial offenders, i thought the refs were fine but hey what would i know i actually used to play rugby league

You are a complete ******. If you were any good at league (or life) you would'nt need the level of attention you seek.

Kill yourself.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's definitely something fishy going on with the refereeing this year.

Like many of you and general NRL fans, I think we've all noticed that referees seem to be purposely architecting a game.

It's no surprise that the Bulldogs seem to score more points at the beginning and the end of games. You'll generally find that's when penalties are given much less.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's definitely something fishy going on with the refereeing this year.

Like many of you and general NRL fans, I think we've all noticed that referees seem to be purposely architecting a game.

It's no surprise that the Bulldogs seem to score more points at the beginning and the end of games. You'll generally find that's when penalties are given much less.
Ye and refs seem to try and even out the penalty count annoys me

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing they have proved beyond doubt is that 2 refs in each game is a complete failure. They dont make less mistakes paying an extra guy to run around each match. In fact needing 2 refs in every match is probably diluting/stretching the talent pool in the refs dept, and just not helping at all.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing they have proved beyond doubt is that 2 refs in each game is a complete failure. They dont make less mistakes paying an extra guy to run around each match. In fact needing 2 refs in every match is probably diluting/stretching the talent pool in the refs dept, and just not helping at all.
Mmmm interesting

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't notice a good ref because they are not there.

B

bulldogs_fan_69

Wayne Bennet rekons that Des attacked the refs during his press conference so that he didn't have to talk about the team (i.e. keeping us under the radar). lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wayne Bennet rekons that Des attacked the refs during his press conference so that he didn't have to talk about the team (i.e. keeping us under the radar). lol
hahaha, Wayne made a funny? OMG. didnt think id see the day lol.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Wayne, Des attacked the refs to avoid talking about the team (about the dogs being the benchmark I guess)

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
what des said was 100% true....couldnt believe how pathetic these refs were tonight

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if there is to be an investigation of the referees then it would be to determine if they were helping us

the most dubious conversation happens after ennis complains about not getting anything from the referee, when the referee then explains a situation where they allowed inu to get away with a penalty in the ruck just after ennis spoke to them previously

then ennis questions why they didnt blow the penalty, the referee then admits that he should have and that he would get in trouble for not(presumably by the referees boss)

so basically there is a referee admitting that he ignored a penalty probably because he is giving a team a break or doesnt want to seem like he is picking on the team, its something ive noticed in the nrl that i dont like, referees talking over the mic about what they should have done

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I said it from that game against the titans when we where raped 11-2 in the penalty count that there def is something fishy going on and to think that were on top of the ladder after losing week in week out penalty counts just makes me
Even more proud,i think the sooner the Nrl get rid of cheat of the century harrigan the better his cheating days are numbered ...and one last thing isn't it about time
They stop wearing pink!!!

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
them flat out saying to the knights tonight that 4 out of 5 tackles coulda been penalised, without one of them being penalised....yet we got raped so hard in the penalty count just proves my point. the refs are always going to go softer on the team losing. They 110% tried to get newcastle back in the game tonight. we got penalised for th 1% things, and we couldn't buy a penalty. For them to say that they could penalise 4 tackles in ONE set of 6, yet we get raped that hard in the penalty count because we were up 24-0 is a ****ing joke. Ref's are far too protected IMO, the amount of influence they have on the game is astronomical. They call a bull**** rake on Inu on the 5th tackle, and Knights score next set. Imagine that was 12-10 in the GF with 5 mins to play

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talks about it in the post match presser:

[video]http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/cby-press-conference/video-e6frf3ou-1226442965181?subcat=1225914658670&site=FoxSports[/video]

He makes some pretty bold statements tbh, what do you think? In touch with reality or sounding just a fraction like other whining coaches that have their team goggles on??
The coaches aren't whinging for the sake of whinging. The refereeing is a disgrace and unfortunately WILL influence the outcome of the Grand Final.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skeletor is phuckwit and a dinosaur !!!!

L

loui323

Mick Ennis has every right as a captain to speak to the referee. He was told to go away on several occasions. What's good for the goose is good for the ganda.. I have not seen once this year another captain get treatment like that.. just saying !!!!

L

loui323

I'll tell you what is going on..the NRL don't want us to win the premiership... they can't control us faithful fans & they can't control our celebration in the streets of belmore that go on for days.. I remember when we won our last .GF I read in the paper that people were saying belmore looked like a "war zone" what the ****** does that mean ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.