Dean Pay. What would be the pass mark for 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler is gooooooonnnnnnneeeeee! Hahahaha....

Reactions: DT

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that fussed about making the 8. Ultimately we were only 3 games short of that this year so that tells me enough.
I agree that improvement is key. Players knowing their positions, their roles. We were easy beats in 2017. I don't want that in 2018.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 8 for sure. What's this rebuilding year rubbish? if we play the right style of footy we actually have a really strong footy team next year and hopefully they'll be full of enthusiasm. Our team on paper next year i feel is way better than the parra side who came 4th this year

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is really annoying me how everyone is saying we are in a rebuilding phase. I even heard us in a compassion with Newcastle over the last two years from Grahame Hughes. We have a state of origin forward pack, Dally M prop of the year, 2x Brad Filter Medalist from last two origins, NZ captain (at one stage), 3x former origin players in our backline, Players in the emerging QLD origin camp and a couple of really promising juniors Montoya, RFM etc shut the fuck up anyone saying we are rebuilding, we have on paper top 5 strongest teams easy. We have just been used to playing Des Ball for the last three fucking years throwing it away each year. With some early ball the Morris Twins will come on in leap and bounds and i think everyone will be greatly surprised when the boys are allowed to play footy how strong they will be next year. ALSO it will be so refreshing to see Aiden Tolman being nowhere near the ball at first receiver lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is really annoying me how everyone is saying we are in a rebuilding phase. I even heard us in a compassion with Newcastle over the last two years from Grahame Hughes. We have a state of origin forward pack, Dally M prop of the year, 2x Brad Filter Medalist from last two origins, NZ captain (at one stage), 3x former origin players in our backline, Players in the emerging QLD origin camp and a couple of really promising juniors Montoya, RFM etc shut the fuck up anyone saying we are rebuilding, we have on paper top 5 strongest teams easy. We have just been used to playing Des Ball for the last three fucking years throwing it away each year. With some early ball the Morris Twins will come on in leap and bounds and i think everyone will be greatly surprised when the boys are allowed to play footy how strong they will be next year. ALSO it will be so refreshing to see Aiden Tolman being nowhere near the ball at first receiver lol
Absolutely right...I said in another thread that this rebuilding period business is nonsense, I would go to the point of saying it's a time frame used by failures !
We have the personal to challenge for the premiership !
If we aim lower, we have already failed !

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing a competitive brand of footy the cap will be a mess for the next few years but pay must drop anyone who don't want to perform make the players accountable or score more then 360 points for

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident we'll make the 8 next season with the eradication of Desball and the resultant boost in spirits which will translate to much better performances on field.

Just a shame that Jamma won't be a part of it.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the halves look like they know what they are doing

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) 2nd week of finals
2) Playing positive footy in defence and attack
3) Picking players in correct positions, and making players accountable for their performance.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Premiership or gf appearance anything less, we swap dean pay for dymick as head coach and revert pay to assistant. Simple.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barring injuries, with Woods and Foran coming over and Lichaa running from dummy half it would be a failure not to at least finish 7th or 8th.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely right...I said in another thread that this rebuilding period business is nonsense, I would go to the point of saying it's a time frame used by failures !
We have the personal to challenge for the premiership !
If we aim lower, we have already failed !
It's our third rebuild in 9 years. Be patient. The team coming last has ambitions to challenge for the premiership but our squad is lacking quality players in the backline. It will take time. 5 years for a title shot is more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.