Dean Pay. What would be the pass mark for 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. forwards that intimidate other teams.
2. Forwards that play direct
3. Forwards that can offload in taffic
4. Halves that can manage a game
5. Pure unadulterated speed
6. Wings and FB that can catch bombs

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No Auckland 9s or Allstars in 2018
Music to my ears! thank god they are gooooone!! they were just games that had the potential to destroy a player injury wise for the start of the NRL season IMO
I would prefer to start the season a little earlier and finish the year a little later so all teams play each other twice!! but, that will never happen I guess.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Music to my ears! thank god they are gooooone!! they were just games that had the potential to destroy a player injury wise for the start of the NRL season IMO
I would prefer to start the season a little earlier and finish the year a little later so all teams play each other twice!! but, that will never happen I guess.
We can finally agree on something :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'm totally with you on having a real home and away draw, it's actually so fucking stupid the way it is now. How is it fair that one team plays the Premiers once while others play them twice?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just next year because of World Cup

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s convenient, can you post a link to that article. Deano’s worked under those structures, so I would hope something will rub off. He has already mentioned line speed, which is an essential improvement on this year. So,at least, he’s saying the right things.
I'm not that smart mate, plus I'm in Virginia at the moment with limited internet. It was in the DT over the weekend though.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not that smart mate, plus I'm in Virginia at the moment with limited internet. It was in the DT over the weekend though.
Ok no worries, I’ll scratch around for it. Unless anyone else can help?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 8 for sure. What's this rebuilding year rubbish? if we play the right style of footy we actually have a really strong footy team next year and hopefully they'll be full of enthusiasm. Our team on paper next year i feel is way better than the parra side who came 4th this year
Agree... We already have the defence, we need more points and if the last 3 wks of the comp said anything it was we have them too. Top 4 to me and I wouldn't be surprised if we go really deep into the semi's.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Top 4 for me... We have the cattle to do damage, we just need a game plan that plays to their strengths.
I agree but we can't heap that sort of pressure onto Pay in year 1.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

apparently he has already had meetings with Cronulla and Parramatta about the vacant assistant coaching roles..

Dymock to quit Bulldogs over Pay
A shattered Jim Dymock is set to quit the Bulldogs after more than a decade following the club's decision to hand the coaching job to Dean Pay for 2018.
Pay and Dymock were involved in a two-horse race to replace Des Hasler last week as the Bulldogs' head coach.

As Hasler's right hand man and after a long career at the club on and off the field, Dymock got plenty of support before officials opted for Canberra assistant coach Pay.

Dymock has already had talks with both Cronulla and Parramatta about an assistant coach role.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
give the guy time . he is not going to undo the super coach mess in 5 seconds this is going to take a bit of time
we have to seriously look at who we recruit & who we let go. we have let go some very good players to keep some that have not preformed that were on big $
getting rid of des is the first step in our road back to the top
give our new coach time , the dogs of war will return we will once again be a team no one wants to play

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be good,
Cooper Cronk our new half back & Assistant coach
The Head coach in the box & the assistant coach on the field
I believe this will work wonders !
Remember they have worked together at Melbourne.
One way to be salary cap compliant

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top 8
Running hard
Tackling harder
Competing for everything over 80mins
Playing a positive brand of football.
Earning back their reputation.
Players enjoying their footy.
Coach & players showing passion.
Not rewarding mediocrity.
Rewarding efforts of lower grade stars.
Everyone being accountable.
No one is bigger than the club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top 8
Running hard
Tackling harder
Competing for everything over 80mins
Playing a positive brand of football.
Earning back their reputation.
Players enjoying their footy.
Coach & players showing passion.
Not rewarding mediocrity.
Rewarding efforts of lower grade stars.
Everyone being accountable.
No one is bigger than the club.
Yep i think we will go alot better than alot think ,its good to be excited in footy again

Status
Not open for further replies.