Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempsey

New Pup
Reaction score
Why in the world are our 2 half's playing out in the centers. Pay needs to be coached in how to coach. I have never seen a worse performance then last night

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re playing out in the centres cause we’re playing des ball again for some reason.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ever hear of the Stockholm syndrome..

I liken Haslers affect on the team to the Stockholm syndrome.

Hasler was the captor which denied them the opportunity to think freely.. and now when things become difficult they just revert back to what their brains remember to be safe.

The best sports psychologist in the world couldn't untangle the mess he created..
If after 1 full off season and 17/18 rounds of of footy hasler still have that much control over the team, shouldnt the current coaching staff question the lack of influence they have over the team? Players dont have faith in them?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If after 1 full off season and 17/18 rounds of of footy hasler still have that much control over the team, shouldnt the current coaching staff question the lack of influence they have over the team? Players dont have faith in them?
You've completely missed the point.. but selective reading is quite prevalent in the kennel.. there is zero signs of the players giving up on pay.. they fight for every game.. there's plenty of signs of inexperience, self doubt and inability..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously ... we need to start making some calls fast. Get someone like Mcguire, or shit even Hasler... but some established coach to sit with Pay and act as a coaching consultant.

The first thing they can help with is writing Penna and Anotellis retrenchment letters.

Yeah, mcguire is a solid idea but no Fucking way should has-lice hasler be allowed anywhere near the club.
It's like begging your ex who did nothing but cheat on you as well as steal your stuff to come back

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths finished behind us last year and yes they have a far better roster than us, but look how much Seibs has brought to the team both on and off the park.. I'm really concerned about what we're going to get next year given we are still playing Desball under a new coach

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know its easy to bag Dean Pay. The results havnt been coming like we would like. However, have a good hard look at the players he has to deal with.
Hopoate...Slowest laziest fullback imaginable.
JMK...Not even close to being a good 1/2.
Lichaa...To slow and ponderous for dummy half, but can tackle.
Morris J & B...Injury prone and getting older. (going)
Martin...Good kicker, but a sub standard backrower.
Eastwood...Good campaigner, but past it now. (going)
Priest...ISP standard.
Brown...ISP standard.
And the biggest killer is the lack of an on field general.
How can any coach be successful with that lot.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now, I'm not saying this is a shot at pay or that he follows anything in this post in his playbook, or it's what he's trying to teach, its just last night brought back some awful memories. this post probably doesn't even belong here but I didn't see any point of creating a new thread.
it's a song I just made up (apologies in advance, it's pretty bad) :tearsofjoy:

Desball it's so mentally ingrained
Makes me go insane tactics always stay the same

Desball

Desball, hitting it up from one out,

Desball makes me wanna scream and shout

Desball

Desball that's what his game was all about,

Desball.

Desball players always standing flat
desball focusing only on the stats

Desball

Desball just refuse to make that change

Desball turns most of the players lame, it's Desball

Desball, Surrendering on the fifth,
Desball doesn’t teach them how to kick

Desball

Desball old problems seem to stick

It's Desball

I'm aware of how awful that was. But i just had it in my head and was bored, clearly it shows I put no effort or thought into it

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows why the old board hired pay, many of us here likes the old bulldog coming back. Who knows if pay can coach, is it his ability to develop young kids. But I tell you this, pay has walked into a mother fucker of a position. No doubt Anderson told him we a blowing this squad up and taking the pain now all at once. Foran is experienced half but couldn't steer this team around. We were a unbalanced team for years but dessies negative plans kept us in the games. Pay wants to play footy but hasnt got the cattle, with an old n stale roster. I have watched plenty of old halves and like many here can see what we are doing wrong, side ways , to many settles , going to edges off a slow play the ball with denting the middle. But you know what, I seen that in origin over the years and this year as well. Just saying
He was hired because he said “bulldog DNA...culture...”

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths finished behind us last year and yes they have a far better roster than us, but look how much Seibs has brought to the team both on and off the park.. I'm really concerned about what we're going to get next year given we are still playing Desball under a new coach
Cant rule out Furner there after leaving the cows after he helped them win a premiership.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He brought priest over and has refused to drop him even though he gives away stupid penalties and makes fuck all metres and cant wrap up the fucking ball in tackles after every single game.
And that is solely on Pay...each week that he continues to pick him...cant blame the previous idiots and it's one of the reasons for the eroding of Pay's standing with members and supporters unfortunately.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No change in style at all.

Pay insisted we change our style. I don’t care what players are on the park, I can’t tell we have a new coach this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now, I'm not saying this is a shot at pay or that he follows anything in this post in his playbook, or it's what he's trying to teach, its just last night brought back some awful memories. this post probably doesn't even belong here but I didn't see any point of creating a new thread.
it's a song I just made up (apologies in advance, it's pretty bad) :tearsofjoy:

Desball it's so mentally ingrained
Makes me go insane tactics always stay the same

Desball

Desball, hitting it up from one out,

Desball makes me wanna scream and shout

Desball

Desball that's what his game was all about,

Desball.

Desball players always standing flat
desball focusing only on the stats

Desball

Desball just refuse to make that change

Desball turns most of the players lame, it's Desball

Desball, Surrendering on the fifth,
Desball doesn’t teach them how to kick

Desball

Desball old problems seem to stick

It's Desball

I'm aware of how awful that was. But i just had it in my head and was bored, clearly it shows I put no effort or thought into it
Roses are Red
Raelene is fat.
Fuck you Des Hasler
I'll leave it at that.

Roses are red,
Who can we afford.
Lets make some good signings,
For fucks sake Board!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Not sure if we have a new coach or if it’s Hasler in disguise.

I see no improvements to this team whatsoever, no change to the attack, players still moving slower than Keanu reeves in the matrix, no energy or line speed. Makes me question wtf pay is actually doing at training.

Nassif

Waterboy
Reaction score
It just seems to me that some people are blind to what has transpired this year.

How can you judge Pay when the team has been pulled apart and with all the noise going on. There is no way our team or any team in the same situation could perform with everything that has happened. I think we can assess him a little better next year but still I don’t think it’s enough time to build a team as it seems we are trying to do. If there is zero improvement next year than I will also be on the side of change but I am not expecting miracles.

The team were coached by Des for a number of years and in fatigue fall back into bad habits. We can’t expect the half dozen first time first graders to lift us out of that.

I just hope the club continue to look to the future rather than worry about the BS that is being thrown around here.

Go the doggies

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps Wolfmother is right and that the players are coaching themselves

And reverting back to type ie des ball

Status
Not open for further replies.