Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strong mail parra is shopping Corey Norman around. Lets do whatever it takes to get him. Foran and Norman in the havles we work.
With what money??? Blokes a knob anyway.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not rotating them properly? You should give examples.

jmk how do you know if he wasn't injured?

rfm he was injured.

Renouf playing his first NRL game played 20mins

Priest 30mins.

Martin and Jackson two of our best played 80mins not needing to come off.

Klemmer our best played 51mins and when he came on we were on top so perfect timing to come on and was effective.

Seriously, I think the blame game against Pay is an easy way for people to blame someone when really they don't know what's really happening. Pay had the players ready and it showed in the first half when we were on top. In the second half no one to blame bar some individual players either not up to standard or their heads are elsewhere. Back off Pay and allow him time to fix the mess he has inherited.
Elliot starting prop dude say no more... taking Klemmer off when woods wasn't having a go... holland used as a hooker

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly go after bellamy or bennet. Can't do any worse then this crap.
Yez just dont get it....... blokes like bennet and bellamy would not even consider taking on this mess hasler has left. Where lucky we have a coach at all.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He resigned Lichaa brought Priest and JMK who was shown the door at tigers and done nothing this year. Pay also makes very very bad decisions with his rotations. It’s not just oh that’s not his roster the guy makes bad coaching calls. He is a little lost. Cleary didn’t choose his roster at tigers and his doing wonders with there squad.
Cleary had heaps of money to play with and bought in exactly who he wanted, pay has a bottle of coke and half a pie to share around. Do u even follow rugby league. Pay will fuck these over paid useless buggers off and get things on track so this club can get a top tier coach interested.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Cleary had heaps of money to play with and bought in exactly who he wanted, pay has a bottle of coke and half a pie to share around. Do u even follow rugby league. Pay will fuck these over paid useless buggers off and get things on track so this club can get a top tier coach interested.
I'll give you that he (cleary) had a cheque book, but if you honestly believe Pay is going to come good as a coach your knowledge is just as good as Pay's with rugby League. Plus Pay new what he had no $$ to work with when he decided to take the job. You can't sit there and say Pay is making good choices as a coach, he has close the worst coaching brain I have ever seen.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay was successful at an under 20's level. Not really anything to get excited about. 20's is all attack no D which is what Pay does. Pay's coaching career is bad at first grade level. Defence coach/assistant at Raiders in 2014 - 2017 they averaged 16-20 scored against them and when they win it was 44-22. That's pathetic. There only half decent season was 2016. Pay I don't think has the brains to be the top coach, maybe a head trainer. This talented youth you speak of which Pay has got Cogger, Meaney, JMK, Lichaa all duds man.
When i played under him we went from second last to 3 consecutive premierships. Only 3 losses in 3 years. Not one of those sides scored any points on us in finals games. Do any of u yet understand the salary cap. I didnt think so. He can only get players that will play for us for nothing. Man

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
When i played under him we went from second last to 3 consecutive premierships. Only 3 losses in 3 years. Not one of those sides scored any points on us in finals games. Do any of u yet understand the salary cap. I didnt think so. He can only get players that will play for us for nothing. Man
Pay is good at teen level coaching mate, big boy level he is fucking useless. I see why your defending him cause he coached you ahahha.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give you that he (cleary) had a cheque book, but if you honestly believe Pay is going to come good as a coach your knowledge is just as good as Pay's with rugby League. Plus Pay new what he had no $$ to work with when he decided to take the job. You can't sit there and say Pay is making good choices as a coach, he has close the worst coaching brain I have ever seen.
Well explain to me paul greens case then bud. I played and won more games of football then u have probably ever witnessed as a 5/8 lock. I know a thing or two. Do u really think any top coach would walk into this mess and end there career before it even got started. No, so we have pay to clean out the rubbish, an ex premiership winning coach above him keeping an eye on him. Then maybe after 2020 when we are in a place to attract tallent for the right money in the right positions. We then can start attracting the top coaches. U blokes all think changing coach every month untill we fluke a couple of wins is the answer. Wake up. U go find a better coach and bring him down here to this mess. They wont take the job.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is good at teen level coaching mate, big boy level he is fucking useless. I see why your defending him cause he coached you ahahha.
Western division was big boy level. Where we still tackle high and fight, not this soft shit on tele. And im not completely defending him yez just are not looking at the situation with an open smart mind. I dont believe he is the long term answer but for now he is exactly what we need to get rid of these non trying over paid soft cocks. We cant attract a top coach.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Western division was big boy level. Where we still tackle high and fight, not this soft shit on tele. And im not completely defending him yez just are not looking at the situation with an open smart mind. I dont believe he is the long term answer but for now he is exactly what we need to get rid of these non trying over paid soft cocks. We cant attract a top coach.
1. Pay is a dumb **** if he didn't look at the $$ situation before agreeing to take the job
2. How do you know me or even if I have played footy, you semi sound like a try hard
3. No one said to change the coach every month, Commentators NRL veterans and experts all question his use of his bench and tactics in game plus his recruitment decisions
4. Old mate Pay is out of his depth, maybe a assistant coach is all he should be or head Trainer
5. Good to hear you tackle high and fight in the Western division, amazing stuff
5. It's a forum man everyone talks shit, don't get so cut when people disagree with you
6. this response is for both of your responses to mine, cbf typing separately

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Runs deeper than the coach IMO.

We have massive culture problems across the board and we haven't evolve over the last 10 years. We aren't a professional team despite our club actually having the necessary resources.

The last time i remember us having a good halfback was Sherwin and that was 12 years ago. How a team can survive without that is beyond me but oddly enough every single one of our coaches has tried to hide the problem by putting players in non-traditional roles, this is on top of us not having evolved our wingers either. Even when we were dominant we kept persisting with midget wingers who whilst solid could never be expected to compete with the animals that other teams tend to gear towards, Storm are a perfect example of this.

We lack pace in our backline, direction in our spine and mongrel in our forwards. Our forwards however are the least of our problems, we literally dominated the Tigers in terms of go forward and our backline and spine were unable to produce more than one try

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We just have to move heaven and earth and sign ivan/nathan cleary ,with our $$ it should be pretty simple ,pay just seems clueless

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just have to move heaven and earth and sign ivan/nathan cleary ,with our $$ it should be pretty simple ,pay just seems clueless
Not possible when Nathan's contract is up this year so with no money to spend we have no chance.
As for Ivan he has the wheels on the bus going round and round so he won't.leave the tigers anytime soon.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to fuck Foran off immediately. We will not move forward one bit while he is at our club

I am also of the opinion we need to fuck Penna off and Grimaldi.

We need a football manager/director. I dont know if Chris Anderson has much input but it is needed.

People can say whatever they want about Phil Gould but the old fella is a genius. He has spent alot of time, energy and resources into the Panthers junior development system and made pretty good choices with their recruitments. They obviously have not won a comp since he has been there but he started from scratch and you do not win a comp overnight.

There leagues club was also down in the dumpsters and he brought them back up very well.
Whatever happens at the Panthers they are set for the next few years with all the talent coming through.

Gould learnt alot of stuff at the Dogs and alot of stuff he has done at the Panthers was what he learnt at the Dogs a long time ago.

I would love Kevin Moore to come back as a recruitement/talent scout but you can already see the writing on the walls from the Dib dish lickers as well as Mr.I. Lynne has brought in her brother to destroy the club, self interest, blah, blah, blah

There is alot more needed to achieve success than just the head coach. Not only are we unbalanced on the field, i think we are unbalanced off it as well

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if anyone thought we were going to be competitive this year!!?

Rookie fullback
Disabled halfback
No five eight of first grade standard
Same can be said for hooker
We have Sharon woods
The worst lock in the competition
The worst bench in thin comp.

And this is about hating on pay? Geez some comments here are far fetched, WAKE UP!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
before you criticise pay listen to the latest presser.

He criticised the halves, he said they played dumb and one dimensional and you cant just play one out hitups

If you think the mental instability that Hasler created with this team can be deleted in one off season, your as delusional as he was ...

And to add to the even further... the very last legacy that was left over by the morons previously in charge was the 2 biggest dud signings in the clubs history..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Over 1k posts!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
before you criticise pay listen to the latest presser.

He criticised the halves, he said they played dumb and one dimensional and you cant just play one out hitups

If you think the mental instability that Hasler created with this team can be deleted in one off season, your as delusional as he was ...

And to add to the even further... the very last legacy that was left over by the morons previously in charge was the 2 biggest dud signings in the clubs history..
Mate it’s one thing to do it, it’s another to actually implement measures to do it.

This team is so reliant on Foran it’s not funny. IF he isn’t calling the shots we are rudderless and play like des ball. Problem is he hasn’t been calling the shots for 2 games now.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Pay coping it , the team will continue to cop it from the media. But 2 premiership favorites in the off season are below us on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.