Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate it’s one thing to do it, it’s another to actually implement measures to do it.

This team is so reliant on Foran it’s not funny. IF he isn’t calling the shots we are rudderless and play like des ball. Problem is he hasn’t been calling the shots for 2 games now.
You ever hear of the Stockholm syndrome..

I liken Haslers affect on the team to the Stockholm syndrome.

Hasler was the captor which denied them the opportunity to think freely.. and now when things become difficult they just revert back to what their brains remember to be safe.

The best sports psychologist in the world couldn't untangle the mess he created..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolute fucking shit ****. My top notch thread got deleted ffs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were criticized heavily for our style of play the past couple of seasons.. Hasler was moved on.. and here we are post Origin 2018 with a new coach/ full off season dishing up the same shit. Honestly, I'll just be happy next week if out halves are allowed to have the ball in the red zone... I don't care if nothing comes off, but anything is better than watching set after set of hitups

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do people really have any confidence that things will change when he gets a roster close to what he wants?

The way we play I have zero confidence that anything will improve by adding players.

If we looked like we were building something THEN I would have some hope. THEN I would say to myself "we just need this type of player or that player then we should be good"

All I see now is a horrendous game plan and style of play that if we add some players it isn't going to change anything.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do people really have any confidence that things will change when he gets a roster close to what he wants?

The way we play I have zero confidence that anything will improve by adding players.

If we looked like we were building something THEN I would have some hope. THEN I would say to myself "we just need this type of player or that player then we should be good"

All I see now is a horrendous game plan and style of play that if we add some players it isn't going to change anything.

If we get anybody we will stifle them with our dinosaur football

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to fuck Foran off immediately. We will not move forward one bit while he is at our club

I am also of the opinion we need to fuck Penna off and Grimaldi.

We need a football manager/director. I dont know if Chris Anderson has much input but it is needed.

People can say whatever they want about Phil Gould but the old fella is a genius. He has spent alot of time, energy and resources into the Panthers junior development system and made pretty good choices with their recruitments. They obviously have not won a comp since he has been there but he started from scratch and you do not win a comp overnight.

There leagues club was also down in the dumpsters and he brought them back up very well.
Whatever happens at the Panthers they are set for the next few years with all the talent coming through.

Gould learnt alot of stuff at the Dogs and alot of stuff he has done at the Panthers was what he learnt at the Dogs a long time ago.

I would love Kevin Moore to come back as a recruitement/talent scout but you can already see the writing on the walls from the Dib dish lickers as well as Mr.I. Lynne has brought in her brother to destroy the club, self interest, blah, blah, blah

There is alot more needed to achieve success than just the head coach. Not only are we unbalanced on the field, i think we are unbalanced off it as well
Football manager - Andrew farrar

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute fucking shit ****. My top notch thread got deleted ffs.
Even though I agree with you re Pay being a shit **** at coaching there is no use crying over your super mega fugly thread :grinning:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hasler was the captor which denied them the opportunity to think freely.. and now when things become difficult they just revert back to what their brains remember to be safe.

The best sports psychologist in the world couldn't untangle the mess he created..
The only way we will know is if Lichaa goes and Klemmer gets the fcuk away from first receiver.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@dogwhisperer are you still comfortable thinking that our coaching isn't a major issue going forward?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay should be asking for his contract extension NOW!!!
Given the clubs (i.e. Chris Anderson's) policy of no big name signings for 2019, signing fringe 1st graders only and relying on guys comming up as well as front loading contracts (fuck knows who) to create room to go market in 2020.
This policy guarantees we will be anchored at the bottom of the table next season.
Lots of pressure on Pay and oh hello sorry Deano it hasn't worked out and the fans are calling for heads to roll.
Good timing then for a new coach to come in with plenty of room in the cap to recruit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously ... we need to start making some calls fast. Get someone like Mcguire, or shit even Hasler... but some established coach to sit with Pay and act as a coaching consultant.

The first thing they can help with is writing Penna and Anotellis retrenchment letters.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Who knows why the old board hired pay, many of us here likes the old bulldog coming back. Who knows if pay can coach, is it his ability to develop young kids. But I tell you this, pay has walked into a mother fucker of a position. No doubt Anderson told him we a blowing this squad up and taking the pain now all at once. Foran is experienced half but couldn't steer this team around. We were a unbalanced team for years but dessies negative plans kept us in the games. Pay wants to play footy but hasnt got the cattle, with an old n stale roster. I have watched plenty of old halves and like many here can see what we are doing wrong, side ways , to many settles , going to edges off a slow play the ball with denting the middle. But you know what, I seen that in origin over the years and this year as well. Just saying

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Great analogy

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously ... we need to start making some calls fast. Get someone like Mcguire, or shit even Hasler... but some established coach to sit with Pay and act as a coaching consultant.

The first thing they can help with is writing Penna and Anotellis retrenchment letters.
Why the fk would we get Hasler back?

That **** planted the seeds of destruction which will take years to repair

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst fucking coach. I’m sick of him and his shit plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.