Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And that is solely on Pay...each week that he continues to pick him...cant blame the previous idiots and it's one of the reasons for the eroding of Pay's standing with members and supporters unfortunately.
Priest was not brought over by Pay. Priest was a player swap for Abbey in Canberra's favour. We had to let Abbey go for cap reasons. Canberra took him off us and gave us Priest in return to help us reduce our cap to be cap complaint this season. Did you really think they would give us Cotric or Rapana? To make it clear. It was not a desired move by Pay. It was a salary cap decision.

But why he continues to pick him I too can't understand. He gives away the worst penalties. The only thing I can think of is nrl experience vs others. He still does my head in though.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We lost about 10 games that we could have won, I bet if we won those games know one would be talking about pay.

Last edited:

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly look at the patience the dragons gave McGregor. They showed faith recruited well and stuck to plan which created steadiness at their club, we need to do the same we need to let the board, dean pay create what they are planning we need to give 3-4 years like the dragons have done

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously ... we need to start making some calls fast. Get someone like Mcguire, or shit even Hasler... but some established coach to sit with Pay and act as a coaching consultant.

The first thing they can help with is writing Penna and Anotellis retrenchment letters.
I agree with you,but pennas credentials,are better than pays ,semi finals,2 years in a row,and they actually play a good brand of footy

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still interested to see what pay can do next year an see if he can get results. I can see why this year hasn’t been successful for him but it’s gotta change!!

I will be nice for now an give him a break.. BUT..!! I will start voicing my opinion about him Early next year if we see nothing different through the first couple rounds.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still interested to see what pay can do next year an see if he can get results. I can see why this year hasn’t been successful for him but it’s gotta change!!

I will be nice for now an give him a break.. BUT..!! I will start voicing my opinion about him Early next year if we see nothing different through the first couple rounds.
But then there’ll be people give him until 2020. I think we’ve honestly seen enough to make a judgement.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Priest was not brought over by Pay. Priest was a player swap for Abbey in Canberra's favour. We had to let Abbey go for cap reasons. Canberra took him off us and gave us Priest in return to help us reduce our cap to be cap complaint this season. Did you really think they would give us Cotric or Rapana? To make it clear. It was not a desired move by Pay. It was a salary cap decision.

But why he continues to pick him I too can't understand. He gives away the worst penalties. The only thing I can think of is nrl experience vs others. He still does my head in though.
Don't give 2 figs how Priest got here, only concerned in trying to support our coach picking the best available players, for the future and our results now...Priest does not figure in any of those 2 scenarios to anyone, under any circumstances, except Dean Pay atm.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
headline on 'controversy corner' "bulldogs players criticise dean pay" don't know what this is about... if its past or current players

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well that was a nothing event.
Yep was a nothing headline, no mention of any player unrest lol. Just Rothfield trying to protect his mates lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The drunk Rothield just bagged the board for letting players go half way through the year Not one mention of player unrest.
He sort of contradicted what he said about us with what he said about Arthur to lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
headline on 'controversy corner' "bulldogs players criticise dean pay" don't know what this is about... if its past or current players
It was in the paper today basically said bulldogs are finding it hard to recruit because current players have criticised pay as coach which has got back to player managers etc but it was written by that flog wiedler

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The drunk Rothield just bagged the board for letting players go half way through the year Not one mention of player unrest.
He made it obvious tonight that he dosent like our board was suprised how much grahame hughes stood up for the board. But looks like the tele crap has got it in for us again makes sense now with all these rumours about our players.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He made it obvious tonight that he dosent like our board was suprised how much grahame hughes stood up for the board. But looks like the tele crap has got it in fior us again makes sense now with all these rumours about our players.
I was just saying how much does Graeme still love the club... Finally good to have someone who talks up the club in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.