Opinion Dale finucane

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree, the big dilemma for them though will be their halves. Despite how good Hynes has been this year I cannot see him playing anywhere near as good at Sharks as he will be playing 6 and his halves partner will be average.
Sharks re-signed Moylan that would suggest to me Moylan 6, Hynes 7.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
smacks of desperation that length of the contract
He stays at the Storm unless he gets 4 years or 3 years on big money. If they miss out on Finucane what is their alternative. A lot of clubs are desperate.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way the guy plays the games you’d think his clock is ticking. Should still be great next season. Maybe even the one after. But he will have a rapid decline, or he would have to drastically change his playing style.

True warrior and I’m sure he is part of the foundation of success at the storm. But like others have mentioned it’s a big contract spread over many seasons. That might be a worry.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sharks re-signed Moylan that would suggest to me Moylan 6, Hynes 7.
Possibly, Goodluck to them if that's the what they intend to do.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4 year 700k a year deal to Cronulla. Every NRL player should hire his manager. I love Finucane but he's not worth that money and they're going to regret it considering his mileage, age and concussion history.

Supposedly he's on a lot less in the last year of the deal but that means the next few years he's on 800k or more which is mental.

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good player, very happy for him, probably value at that money 1 or 2 years. They’ll have a head ache years 3 and 4

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4 year 700k a year deal to Cronulla. Every NRL player should hire his manager. I love Finucane but he's not worth that money and they're going to regret it considering his mileage, age and concussion history.

Supposedly he's on a lot less in the last year of the deal but that means the next few years he's on 800k or more which is mental.
Exactly right, always thought he was seeking too much cash which he is entitled to do, so good luck to him and bad luck Sharks when your stuck with a bloke who is gassed by year 3/4.

800k if true is bonkers alright their talking "only" a mil for Haas and he is three times the player Dale is...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly right, always thought he was seeking too much cash which he is entitled to do, so good luck to him and bad luck Sharks when your stuck with a bloke who is gassed by year 3/4.

800k if true is bonkers alright their talking "only" a mil for Haas and he is three times the player Dale is...
I heard 625k a year which is only a little bit more than what he was on at the Storm. The problem is it's 1 year too long. The Sharks didn't have a choice. For their roster I think it's still a good buy.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well done Dale your worth every cent sir.. Great opportunity for the Sharks in terms of leadership and role model for their younger players.. 3 years with an option wouldve been ok by me..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rudolph mcinnes and finucane all going to share the 13 jersey?
Surely mcinnes looks for a release

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF the Dog's got him i'd have been happy at 550 tops for year 1, 450 year 2 lol that's it.
Understand they need a player like him but 4 years is defintiely too long imo..if it's 625/yr that's better obviously.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane and Rudolf props.
Thats the thing mate - they are not. They can play there but I wouldn’t say they are both high level props and they are getting paid like they are.