Opinion Dale finucane

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Finucane is just and Islander version of Jackson. It ain’t what we need. We need power and strength. He has a bit of it but not as much as TPJ and won’t be as cheap as vaaghan so as they say in cricket, he’s caught in no mans land.
Except that he isn't "islander"

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been there, done that. Was the past.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sold on Sale , as much as I respect him and the way he plays the game currently ,

Why ? ,

The matter discussed at lengths when I’ve had some alone time , during staff conferences lrene , keeps bringing up , things like risks out way the good with Dale in regards to price , the length of contract he wants and the other one was it may hinder our Club to be pro active over the next few seasons in the market for any star or up coming stars off contract it’s big slice off our cap anyways just thought I’d share our views only , with the kennel gang

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now let me hit you with a truth bomb filled with love, desire and allegiance wrapped as a question;

choose:
Vaughan for 400 per year over two years
Finucane for 650 per year over three years

Our cap is going to get tighter than Thai teen pussy very soon. Please keep in mind. And we still need a good hooker and maybe half.
All assuming we get TPJ.
I'd rather front load some plodder contracts so we can offload them instead of adding more

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather front load some plodder contracts so we can offload them instead of adding more
I guess what I’m getting at is it’s all relative.

We lack power and metres

finucane is a workhorse with a bit of power.
tPj is power
Vaughan is a moderate amount of power with less work horse

buyingVaughan is probably buying 85% the player of Finucane for a 40% discount. So the mathematical edge variable tells me that’s +EV.
TPJ we buy at market as he represents a critical need.
If we buy the slightly superior Finucane, that means less money to buy a hooker or a half.
As it is, I have sincere doubts we will have genuine marquee money even after Vaughan and TPJ. I don’t think we could offer someone 900k for next year. We have speculated on the maths and it is a little damning for us.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Finucane is just and Islander version of Jackson. It ain’t what we need. We need power and strength. He has a bit of it but not as much as TPJ and won’t be as cheap as vaaghan so as they say in cricket, he’s caught in no mans land.
Totally agree.

Finucane is a great player and a true professional. I read today he eats in the shower so he has more time to stretch before a game. He would definitely help tighten our defence but I think there's other teams that need him more as we have similar in Jackson already and we need a bit more in attack and much more size especially when our largest forward in Napa f..ks off.

Someone like TPJ (6'3 and 117kg) is exactly the type of player we need to stop our pack from being trampled by other forward packs. We need someone big enough to make decent metres to get us out of our own end of the field, someone big enough and intimidating enough to handle big middles from other teams in defence, and someone who can provide a bit of X factor when we're on the opposition tryline, someone who provides more than just a settler in good ball position of the field. TPJ provides ALL these functions, Finucane doesn't.

If we could get both TPJ and Finucane then great but from what I've read they're both asking for around 700K or more so we couldn't afford both. TPJ and a low cost Vaughan would be exactly what we need. Imagine Thompson and Vaughan as our props with a backrow of big bodies TPJ and RFM (110kg) on our edges with the reliable defence of Jackson at lock. Then our forward pack is settled except for hooker which we go hard for for 2023 when plenty are available (ie: Smith, Mahoney, Avi, Braileys)

If the Sharks end up moving McInness to hooker next year Blayke Brailey will most likely want to leave. We can negotiate and sign any of these hookers from November this year for 2023

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dragons could have a decent pack next year, just need a better hooker...

8. Molo
9. McCullough
10. Finucane
11. Bird (they should play him there)
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. McGuire
15. Kerr
Fucked if I know any other players lol.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dragons could have a decent pack next year, just need a better hooker...

8. Molo
9. McCullough
10. Finucane
11. Bird (they should play him there)
12. Sims
13. JDB

14. McGuire
15. Kerr
Fucked if I know any other players lol.
That's a cracking forward pack lol

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To build a team you need characters.
JAC has the vibe
Finucane has the leadership
You fit players in your team that’s going to win you games.
TPJ is trouble and he loves money. It comes down to money for him not to wear the blue and white.
Vaughn is trouble and is a disease for the club he doesn’t give a fuck about his team.
The only forwards suited would be Finucane and Aaron woods.
I know all you guys disagree with woods and finucane.
What kind of VIBE does JAC have?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
800-1mill is for Dale is crazy money for a wnon dynamic forward.. that sort of cash should be for the spine..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually dig the idea of Finucane back in our colours with the view of making him co-captain with Jackson. Much prefer him to Vaughan and if we can afford both Finucane and TPJ then we should go for it. This is and will continue to be a very young team with a young coach and without players in the squad that bring leadership and poise on the field and professionalism off it, we won't be going anywhere in a hurry.