Official Cronulla release Valentine Holmes to pursue NFL dream

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this works with Cronullas cap. Surely if they are holding his contract open, he will be included in their cap.

The Cronulla Sharks have granted Valentine Holmes an immediate release to allow him to chase a contract in the NFL.

The Sharks
released a statement on Tuesday saying Holmes – who represented Queensland and Australia in 2018 – had requested, and been given an immediate release from the final year of his contract.

Holmes asked Sharks fans to understand his decision to leave the NRL.

"I will be forever grateful to the Cronulla Sharks Football club and the Sharks fans for the past five years of support, it was a special moment we all shared winning the club's first ever NRL premiership," he said.
"I understand this decision may come as a shock to many but I personally believe it's the right time for me to challenge myself and pursue this NFL opportunity.
"Hopefully the fans can understand and support me as they have done throughout my career."

Cronulla have former international Josh Dugan and Matt Moylan on their roster who are capable of playing at fullback to replace Holmes.

If Holmes fails to land an NFL contract and returns to rugby league, he must play for the Sharks in 2019.

If his NFL dream fails to materialise, he will be an NRL free agent for the 2020 season and beyond as per his existing contract.
Sharks are fucked because they either wait and hope he comes back and recruit no one with his money or they spend it on new players and they can’t afford him....I bet he sits out NRL next year no matter what and signs with the Cowboys for 2020.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man I wish we signed him as well, if he fails hopefully he can come to us but he most likely will go to the Cowboys. I can see your point but is their any harm in old mate trying ? I have just started watching NFL and fuck me the game is so heavy based around tactics kinda hard to watch hahah but I am slowly enjoying it.
Once you get used to NFL it’s one of the most exciting games you can watch. People put shit on it for going too long but it just builds the tension and pressure. There’s a ridiculous amount of games decided in the last second of the game.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Once you get used to NFL it’s one of the most exciting games you can watch. People put shit on it for going too long but it just builds the tension and pressure. There’s a ridiculous amount of games decided in the last second of the game.
It’s also awesome to bet on..:blush:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd rather pull all my pubes out with tweezers than watch that shit. :P

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just when you thought nothing could top the Cleary or Hayne circus along comes the next dreamer Holmes.

Sharks will have zero x-factor if he leaves. Their closest x-factor player will be Moylan lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a sore point for me today I backed the Cheifs haha
Oh no..My mate and I have had a $10 all up bet going..on SportsBet..since the beginning of the season.. Had a few close calls..started off with a draw..had some last seconds wins.. I backed the New Orleans Saints to knock last year’s winners, Philly..they smashed em!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Too few to mention? Lol!
I pulled most of them out with tweezers last time my friends were watching the snorefest they call NFL, but once they grow back, I’ll take a picture and you can count ‘em ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just when you thought nothing could top the Cleary or Hayne circus along comes the next dreamer Holmes.

Sharks will have zero x-factor if he leaves. Their closest x-factor player will be Moylan lol
Fififa? Graham? More pure creativity than us lol.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The first game I watched from start to finish was the Super Bowl last year with the Patriots and Eagles. I really enjoyed that. Yea I have noticed a team will win in the 3rd and 4th quarter

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gallen having a whinge saying you sign a contract you should honour it. Bet he wouldn’t be saying that if they signed Klemmer

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first game I watched from start to finish was the Super Bowl last year with the Patriots and Eagles. I really enjoyed that. Yea I have noticed a team will win in the 3rd and 4th quarter
If you can watch today’s game between the Rams and Cheifs you’ll love it. It gets even better once you have a team too.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Gallen having a whinge saying you sign a contract you should honour it. Bet he wouldn’t be saying that if they signed Klemmer
I find Gallen one the most forthright commentators on the game and I appreciate his honesty.

Even if half of what comes out his mouth is crap.

Its easy as a Canterbury supporter to think his view is a bit hypocritical given if a Dogs player said the same thing but only because how many players our board have pushed out over the years. But I agree with his assessment.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I pulled most of them out with tweezers last time my friends were watching the snorefest they call NFL, but once they grow back, I’ll take a picture and you can count ‘em ;)
Lol..I’ll get my magnifying glass out..I’ll make sure I don’t mistake your noodle for one of your hairs.. Hey did your friends notice you had your pants down..or is that normal for you guys? Lol!

Sorry bro I just can’t help it..lol!