Official Cronulla release Valentine Holmes to pursue NFL dream

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WR and RB are two of the most demanding positions in an NFL squad. You need to know every single play like a QB, but you have to run flat out like the ball’s coming to you every single down.
Holmes is going to have to get bigger, fitter and smarter to even get a trial.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck brother. There are kids in high school that would put him on show.

Dream in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I can't see him succeeding in any position, MAYBE a kick returner, but will get demolished.

And a massive fkn lol at these nrlol duds thinking they can make the NFL. Nrlol is a backyard bogan backyard joke. NFL has to be one of the most professional sport in the world. Plus you need brains for NFL.

No fucking idea these dreaming *****.
100% Agreed Assasin,
NFL is one of the most professional sports in the world, the play book is huge. It’s just a play by play game of chess between 2 coaches.
Theres No room for mistakes.
The amount of shit these NRL players get away with is a joke.
Nearly all NFL players have clean records and a high education level. Grades not up in colleague they get dropped, not second chances. Gooooneskiesss bro gone.... then they get the next player waiting to have a go.
The only Aussies that do well are ex AFL players used as punters I think they call it. Kickers in those special teams.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol..I’ll get my magnifying glass out..I’ll make sure I don’t mistake your noodle for one of your hairs.. Hey did your friends notice you had your pants down..or is that normal for you guys? Lol!

Sorry bro I just can’t help it..lol!
Only on NFL night....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% Agreed Assasin,
NFL is one of the most professional sports in the world, the play book is huge. It’s just a play by play game of chess between 2 coaches.
Theres No room for mistakes.
The amount of shit these NRL players get away with is a joke.
Nearly all NFL players have clean records and a high education level. Grades not up in colleague they get dropped, not second chances. Gooooneskiesss bro gone.... then they get the next player waiting to have a go.
The only Aussies that do well are ex AFL players used as punters I think they call it. Kickers in those special teams.
There was that Jesse William's bloke who played Defensive Line for Alabama College and then got drafted to Seattle Seahawks. His NFL career is really non existent as he pretty much missed both his first and second season injured. Still won a Superbowl ring without playing a single regular season game or playoff game. The Seahawk then waived him and no one else wanted him because he was busted hence why he never played pro football again.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was that Jesse William's bloke who played Defensive Line for Alabama College and then got drafted to Seattle Seahawks. His NFL career is really non existent as he pretty much missed both his first and second season injured. Still won a Superbowl ring without playing a single regular season game or playoff game. The Seahawk then waived him and no one else wanted him because he was busted hence why he never played pro football again.
Didn’t he have cancer and that on top of his injuries cut his career short at like 24 or something.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’ll come back.

He won’t make it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When he comes back. He should have to honour his remaining contract with Cronulla, before he is allowed to play for another team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When he comes back. He should have to honour his remaining contract with Cronulla, before he is allowed to play for another team.
Yeah but if that's the case, then his contract amount should count towards their cap.

Their choice should be:
a) Hold the contract open until end of 2020, but he counts towards their cap even if he is not playing for them.
b) Cancel his NRL contract and he is a free agent to do what he wants if it doesn't work out.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Any coincidence that Vals management are also Taumalolo and Jordan Mailata's? Oribably manage Tanginoa and Paseka also.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam gotsis is an aussie defensive end for the denver Broncos. However he played the sport growing up in victoria.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty funny that Mick Ennis hasn't come out and commented on this yet because every time something like this happens at the 'Dogs he's the first one to say they will be spooners or how bad it will be.........

Wonder why he is so quite this time when its his beloved Sharks?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Considered going to the Cows so the missus could be closer to family...yeah sure.....USA is a heck of a lot further than going back to Qld, unless he leaves her behind and goes it alone.

IMO wants out of his piddling contract at the Sharks to make a bigger payday with another NRL team VIA the NFL. Trying the Taumolo tactic of threat of going to another sport; yep 10 million dollar long term deal sounds good. In saying that though Taumolo is locked in for that amount ( but then maybe not with the contract merry go round and farce currently being witnessed in the NRL)

Sick of these muppets chopping and changing because what they signed up for (I.e. a binding contract outlining pay rates and conditions) for a specific period of time can be bettered after the deal is done. Why have a contract.... let them all be freelance and they can chop and change clubs ten times a season when it suits, they might as well.

Once again the CEO conspicuous with his silence...only comments when it suits and of course we will welcome back Val when he wants to come back to ' the greatest game'.... at a 'greater wage' of course.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching Gallen have a cry makes me enjoy this drama even more.
I don't see him crying about other players that have come to his club after cutting short their stay somewhere else.

Holmes though....Boo hoo...it affects us him leaving etc. etc. How could he do it?

Just hurry up and retire old man because IMO you are selfish in playing on and taking a spot of a younger up and comer...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go again, the drunken journo said he wants to go now, but he is contracted till 2020..... He signed a contract so honour it or the Sharks / NRL should sue the bastard for breach of contract and if he goes and breaks the contract don't let him play league again He and his manager know he can walk away and then when he fails at NFL can just come back and some NRL will grab him ......it is all a joke.. gutless administration
The problem is that there is no way the nrl can ban Holmes for wanting to swap codes after they allowed lodge,carney etc etc etc back into the game after the shit they got up to.And as for Jarred Hayne well that speaks for itself