Official Cronulla release Valentine Holmes to pursue NFL dream

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Australian and Queensland Origin representative recently checked out a major NFL franchise during a visit to Nike’s head office in the United States.

He is under contract to the Sharks for next season and was expected to sign with the North Queensland Cowboys from 2020 onwards to be closer to his family.

This is why the move to the United States is such a shock.

The Daily Telegraph understands he wants to move immediately.

In 2016 he trialled in front of NFL agents with Cowboys forward Jason Taumalolo.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan says he is unaware of any move.

Holmes only returned home to Sydney on Monday from his overseas break.

The fullback is expected to meet with Sharks chief executive Barry Russell on Wednesday to sort out his future.

The Cronulla star reportedly notched 4.6 seconds for the 40 yard dash, comparable to the likes of Houston Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Tampa Bay star Mike Evans.

Holmes had been expected to link up with North Queensland in 2020. In 2017 he revealed were it not for Ben Barba’s drugs ban he may have headed to the NFL at the end of 2016.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/630f1ee3eab77133196387914a54a1dd

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck brother. There are kids in high school that would put him on show.

Dream in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I can't see him succeeding in any position, MAYBE a kick returner, but will get demolished.

And a massive fkn lol at these nrlol duds thinking they can make the NFL. Nrlol is a backyard bogan backyard joke. NFL has to be one of the most professional sport in the world. Plus you need brains for NFL.

No fucking idea these dreaming *****.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck brother. There are kids in high school that would put him on show.

Dream in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I can't see him succeeding in any position, MAYBE a kick returner, but will get demolishes.

And a massive fkn lol at these nrlol duds thinking they can make the NFL.

No fucking idea these dreaming *****.
He isn't big enough to be anything else besides a punt returner or wide receiver and hes not fast enough for that.

He's around the same size as Tarik Cohen or Tyreek Hill and they make up for being small by being almost as quick as a Olympic sprinter!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I say we should sign him now for 2020 when he fails over there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He isn't big enough to be anything else besides a punt returner or wide receiver and hes not fast enough for that.

He's around the same size as Tarik Cohen or Tyreek Hill and they make up for being small by being almost as quick as a Olympic sprinter!
Yeah, 5th string PR lol 200th string WR

Like its good to dream but FFS make them at least realistic...

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not big enough either. Once he puts on the size he will no doubt lose the speed.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuuuuuck. Enough! Stop this "I like Madden so I'm going to try the NFL".

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuuuuuck. Enough! Stop this "I like Madden so I'm going to try the NFL".
Man if Mason and Taumalolo got rejected, what chance has any nrlol player got?

Maybe the LFL? Even the CFL would tell him to get fucked.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s not big enough either. Once he puts on the size he will no doubt lose the speed.
They compare his speed to Mike Evans from the Bucs and he is a massive WR (1.96 m/102 kg) and is the same speed as Holmes' is now! Holmes 1.85 m and 85 kg.....

I'd have a bet and say he will go over there and trial and be back before the NRL season starts and play for the Cowboys

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Pretty much. The only aussies that have done any good in NFL that I am aware of are punters and defenders and is neither. And as u said, as a running back he would be slow by NFL standards. He will be back in a year after playing about 20 minutes all year as a gimmick.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. The only aussies that have done any good in NFL that I am aware of are punters and defenders and is neither. And as u said, as a running back he would be slow by NFL standards. He will be back in a year after playing about 20 minutes all year as a gimmick.
I don’t think he will even get his 20 mins of fame. He will be lucky to get picked up by a team at all.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Jarryd Hayne couldn’t make it I think he will struggle, but if wants a crack let him have a crack.. I agree with above, be ready to pounce once he comes back

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep, AFL blokes are usually punters.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously what are these fuckwits taking.

He has no chance of making it.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive got no idea what goes through these blokes heads. World at his feet getting big money for the "job" of playing rugby league. He should be on his knees thanking whoever every day of the week. These blokes have never been in the real world. Then again it could be all a ploy to get released from the sharks.