Official Cronulla release Valentine Holmes to pursue NFL dream

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well look at it another way.

He’s able to be paid best part of 200k trying out for a sport he obviously loves while living in USA and seeing another side of the world.

He’s young enough to walk back into the nrl and have any team in the comp be interested and no doubt could get a 5 year 5 mil deal from the team he wants to play for:

Plus he avoided all the bs with Flanagan getting sacked and so far a shit season for the sharks.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about players who leave the NRL to take up other sports. I think the complexity of the nfl will mean it would take a number of years for anyone to get close to cracking into a regular NFL contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was he part of the peptide saga or did he join them after that?
Either way he's part of their salary cap breaches I'm sure, so maybe he CANNOT return to them if this fails (which we all know it will).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul "1 Game" Kent is upset Holmes won't talk to him... Sad Kent.

‘Who are you, seriously?’ Paul Kent smashes ‘smug’ Valentine Holmes
LEAGUE

Valentine Holmes is remaining tight-lipped on his NRL future.Source: News Corp Australia
NRL 360 host Paul Kent has lashed former Cronulla star Valentine Holmes following the NFL hopeful’s refusal to speak to media upon returning to Australia.
BREAKING: HOLMES SEALS NFL DEAL

Speculation is mounting over Holmes’ playing future, with his manager shopping around an announcement to media organisations about his client’s next steps.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

Holmes touched down from the US on Monday, but was tight-lipped when asked about whether he would continue to pursue an NFL deal or return to the NRL with a likely new club in North Queensland.

Kent said the word out of the Sharks players is they believe he has a deal with an NFL outfit. Whether his path is via free agency or league’s International Pathway Program remains to be seen.

“I think it’s ridiculous that he’s trying to sell his story and he’s trying to sit down as a half-hour special where he’s going to announce what he’s going to do,” Kent fired on NRL 360 on Fox League.

“Is he that big of a name? He’s not a great player, he’s a very good player and he could’ve potentially have been a great player in rugby league.

“But to sit there and carry on like this, like he’s such a superstar that he gets his own half-hour special so we can all sit there with bated breath … he employs his managers, he pays his managers and if they pay $15,000-25,000 like they’re asking, it’ll go to Val Holmes and they’ll get their sling out of it.

“Who are you, seriously? Come on. He could’ve stop (at the airport) and said ‘I can’t tell you what my plans are. I appreciate your interest. In due time I will let everybody know’, instead of skulking through the airport like he was. He’s got the hoodie on, like show some class.”

Kent said rugby league fans deserved better.

“There’s so much goodwill. There’s nobody hoping he fails,” he said.

“As a rugby league fan, part of you feels a bit excited and almost like you’re a little bit part of it, that a rugby league player can go there and make it.

“There’s all that goodwill there. So don’t treat people like mugs like he did today where he had that little smug attitude at the airport and then try and say ‘you know what, I’ve walked away from your game and now I’m trying to cop another earn to tell you I’m not coming back’.”

READ MORE

‘RUNS THAT CLUB’: Legend’s stunning Broncos claim

CASUALTY WARD: Big guns broken in Round 4 injury carnage

Veteran journalist Phil Rothfield also took aim at Holmes’ managers.

“He’s been badly advised by his agents and I’m going to name them: Chris and Gavin Orr,” The Daily Telegraph scribe said.

“These are the same agents that paraded Daly Cherry-Evans around a carpark at Cronulla, took him up to the Gold Coast, backflipped on them.

“They are trying to flog his story, to Channel 9, Channel 7, Fox Sports. They’re shopping him around.

“Greatest respect to Val Holmes, but he hasn’t achieved anything yet.

“To put him in a situation like that, he just came across as arrogant and impolite.”

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Greatest respect to Paul Kent, but he hasn’t achieved anything yet.

“To put him in a situation like that, he just came across as arrogant and impolite.”
I fixed the last few lines of the article.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a dumb Kent. A blogger asking who an athlete is...

Jealous son of a ****.

Malla

Reaction score
Paul Kent is probably 12 months away from being unemployed.