Opinion Credit to Lewis

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No I'm not going to start some argument that Lewis is our halfback going forward. It will always mystify me how a bloke with the number 7 on his back can pass to the grass so often, and in terms of his ability to play first grade I think he can count himself fortunate he has his current contract. I can't see any way he is going to earn another.

However I also believe in being balanced in ones views, and it is only fair to credit Lewis for the fact that he got straight up last night within seconds of copping a concussion from Su'a's hit, and tried to play the ball. It says a lot about the spirit with which he plays the game, and even though he plays the game mostly poorly, I am very happy to applaud his attitude and spirit. Players who stay down in order to get a penalty, and don't even end up going off for a HIA (Siva for one), disgust me.
I don't understand the love wakham gets and the hate lewis gets.

I'm not saying lewis is killing it.
But he is a way better NRL level option than Wakham if they are your only options.

Lewis plays hard.
He tackled hard and cops hard knocks.

I think he is a good footy player.
Just not a consistent halfback...

It's a shame he isn't slightly bigger.

He could make a decent old fashioned type lock in my opinion.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Lewis is a better fit than Wakeham. Although if we want to climb up the ladder we need a much better half back. Lewis I think is a blend of a half and a forward but will likely not master either. But I can't help liking him probably his toughness which is part of our bulldog DNA.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't understand the love wakham gets and the hate lewis gets.

I'm not saying lewis is killing it.
But he is a way better NRL level option than Wakham if they are your only options.

Lewis plays hard.
He tackled hard and cops hard knocks.

I think he is a good footy player.
Just not a consistent halfback...

It's a shame he isn't slightly bigger.

He could make a decent old fashioned type lock in my opinion.
Because Lewis as reached his ceiling, Wakeham has not.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because Lewis as reached his ceiling, Wakeham has not.
I really think you are wrong.

Whilst neither you or I are experts, anything we both say will be only an opinion.

But mate, I think your opinion is wrong.

I honestly think lewis under some better coaching has more potential than Wakham has.

But hey, it's all just guess work.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ooo be careful poking the bear, he gets very protective about Wakeham.

Little known fact - @CaptainJackson is actually a registered volunteer within the Bulldogs Covid bubble providing young Brandon with rusty trombones on demand.
I actually think Wakeham will improve, but he constantly takes shots at my boy Elliott, so all gloves are off.

I think Lewis might improve with the right guidance too, tbh:,

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He did well last night. We missed his kicks as Wakeham was struggling with the kicking. We also missed he defence when he went off. It was a massive hit and the kid is tough. I also would like to see him play lock if Baz likes him in the team unless somehow Baz improves him in his current position

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score

Whilst neither you or I are experts, anything we both say will be only an opinion.

I honestly think lewis under some better coaching has more potential than Wakham has.

Mate been saying it all along

But lewy will make a better hooker than halfback 100%

If we get brandon smith so be it

Kids got more heart than anything lewy

Shit coaching.. dont even start me on that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

What potential? Lewis has always been a poorly skilled player and is pretty much the exact same player he was before he even made his debut. He just isn't going to magically develop all these skills he failed to develop over his years of playing.

Wakeham on the other hand has the skill and ability but has struggled to adapt to firstgrade and been exposed due to being physically inferior when compared to Lewis.

Anyway Wakeham managed to do something Lewis failed to do all season and that was close out a game...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What potential? Lewis has always been a poorly skilled player and is pretty much the exact same player he was before he even made his debut. He just isn't going to magically develop all these skills he failed to develop over his years of playing.

Wakeham on the other hand has the skill and ability but has struggled to adapt to firstgrade and been exposed due to being physically inferior when compared to Lewis.

Anyway Wakeham managed to do something Lewis failed to do all season and that was close out a game...
Or Foran for that matter

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moses doing his best Lewis impersonation for the Eels right now
Lewis does more of that thing where the ball goes way too low. Moses does that thing where he passes to the mythical 10 metre tall winger that only exist between his right ear and his left ear.

Oh, and that thing where he backs himself to tackle Fifita one on one by going high, hahahaha, what an idiot.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tough little bigger. Not great, but better than Wakeham.

@CaptainJackson
Agreed ,and he was havin a great game and if you watched how him and wakeham got on after game shows you that their team players only and you can see a bit of shifty come out in both of them gets my heart pumpin for the club again love Lewis’s sportsmanship even after all the shit he cops from so called supporters ,he’s a champ

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't rate the kid at all, but I will say he played really well at the beginning of the game yesterday and it is not nice to see any player stumble like that after contact to the head..

I remember when I was younger, I thought it was the best thing ever when a doggies player would hurt an opponent that bad, that they got knocked out cold or they got up stumbling.. but with everything we know now about concussion, it's no longer something to celebrate or joke about.. (unless it's Josh mcguire getting knocked out, then it is still ok to celebrate I think)