Opinion Credit to Lewis

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The personality that he displays during interviews doesn't necessarily correlate with arrogance, it actually smells more like native cheerful optimism, he seems like a bit of a goof. There are indications that could be interpreted as arrogance, but no firm proof. In most team sports environments real arrogance gets dealt with pretty quick. I'm not convinced that he has been toxic for the team environment, earlier in the season I'd have thought it possible, but the fact is despite not being a good player we've had our best games when he is in the team, and our worst when he wasn't.
I don't agree, his interview before round 1 where he expressed his "suprise" at the Wakehams selection was the final straw for me. He said some really shitty things in that interview and then doubled down on it in round 1 and 2 where he completely played Wakeham out of the game...Pay even copped on and eventually hooked him yet he some how managed to worm his way back into the side after the break.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he has had some shocking games of late, but up until he had to be replaced it was one of his better games. When Wakeham came on we lost a lot with our long kicking game. I think if Lewis stayed on field and he kept kicking they way he was we would have won comfortably.

Yeah he is not a superstar he has some defensive read issues. But one on one defense is good and effort you can't fault.

Overall our short kicking game has improved last few months, I credit most of that to the extra work from shifty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah he has had some shocking games of late, but up until he had to be replaced it was one of his better games. When Wakeham came on we lost a lot with our long kicking game. I think if Lewis stayed on field and he kept kicking they way he was we would have won comfortably.

Yeah he is not a superstar he has some defensive read issues. But one on one defense is good and effort you can't fault.

Overall our short kicking game has improved last few months, I credit most of that to the extra work from shifty.
No we would've lost just like we lost all the previous games because of fitness and poor game management.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was

He seems arrogant and has a toxic effect on the side...where's this nice bloke you're talking about?
And what are these claims based off?

He comes off as nothing more than a naive kid that is loved by his team mates probably tries too hard.

Critique his footballing all you want, that is fair. Throwing around things like he's toxic and arrogant is just plain stupid and unfair.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I'm not going to start some argument that Lewis is our halfback going forward. It will always mystify me how a bloke with the number 7 on his back can pass to the grass so often, and in terms of his ability to play first grade I think he can count himself fortunate he has his current contract. I can't see any way he is going to earn another.

However I also believe in being balanced in ones views, and it is only fair to credit Lewis for the fact that he got straight up last night within seconds of copping a concussion from Su'a's hit, and tried to play the ball. It says a lot about the spirit with which he plays the game, and even though he plays the game mostly poorly, I am very happy to applaud his attitude and spirit. Players who stay down in order to get a penalty, and don't even end up going off for a HIA (Siva for one), disgust me.
Im genuinely not one of the haters. He makes a lot of mistakes, but he does some good things too.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is everyone so extreme? Lewis definitely has played badly in games, but he was on his way to a man of the match performance last night. His kicking game was solid, EDIT actually impressive. He is definitely the type of player that would leave the Bulldogs and become a star elsewhere. There is enough raw material in him

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was silly of him to do that because in the case of no penalty it would be considered a lost ball, but I do get he was concussed.

Anyway I know the thread isn't about his ability so better I leave it there, there's enough other threads about his ability.
He was silly but you understand he was concussed ? so you still think it was silly or was that before you realized he was concussed?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wish he would learn how to put a grubber on. Every, single, kick is the same.
So what was different after he went off? not much, but hey im with you on the grubbers this team would have the least forced drop outs or be close.