Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, but something tells me there is more to this story. Bennett won at the Dragons to add to his Broncos titles and regardless of the conjecture about it being a weak year for NRL, they still did it and with bloody Soward..

Bellamy has won a bunch of titles including the ones they were stripped of. ( if we won the year they stripped our points we would still be celebrating it..) But he has had 3 potential immortals in Cronk, Smith and Slater plus along the way Folau, Ingliss etc. If he is as competitive as I think he is, there is still time to do it at another 1 maybe 2 clubs.

We are ideal because he will see and know about kids like Averillo, Schouup etc. and would have already worked out who's who in the zoo with the rest of the squad. Knowing we have a bucket of money to spend and we are a club of history great history that has seen better times. Hasler came and failed to win the cup and Madge and Bennett knocked the coaching job back.

Thompson could have gone to any club in the comp, why us?

Maybe I want this too much but it is very easy to see why it could work. He could go to the Dragons, but his rival Bennett has been there done that. Roosters are locked up with Robinson, Souths are locked in with Demetriou, The Broncos have to suffer with fuckface Seibold for another century, the Knights are travelling well with O'Brien and that is probably the next best option for Bellamy, the Cowboys are at the wrong end of the premiership cycle, Hasler/Manly, Cleary/Penrith, Cronulla/nowhere, Parra/Arthur, Canberra/Stuart, etc. etc.

The second Brisbane team is not until at least 2023 possibly 2024 and unlike the Storm will not be a 1 team town like Melbourne and nor will they get the leg up like the Super League bred Storm did because the NRL was desperate for a team to work in Victoria.

They will compete for players, sponsors and fans with the Cowboys, Broncos and the Titans. Even the storm waited 3 seasons to win a comp with the team they had. If he is looking to add to his own history as a coach, we should be very tempting.

I am going to keep my chubby for a little longer and daydream about winning Premierships again.
Well said mate

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last time we had a big red English prop coming from St Helens we sacked a Canterbury DNA coach and hired a big name contracted head coach from a powerhouse club.

True, and it turned into 2 GF appearances in 5 years. I will be happy with 2 GF appearances in the next 5 years if both are wins and we dont fuck the club again. Somehow I think if we did get Bellamy he would eventually leave us with the club in better shape than ever.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only cause I like to add wood to a good fire, why is Thommo in a hotel in Melbourne and not Sydney?

Hill "we just nicked down to Melbourne to see Thommo's progress and bumped into Craig. Totally innocent conversation was had about life and politics over a cup of coffee as a professional courtesy. There is no story here, Dean Pay currently has the 100% support of the board and sponsors"

Fake news.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hill was true to word when he came out and spoke regarding Latrell and no interest so looks like its a dud .
club have no desire to reign supreme again and make a bold move.
sad decision makers we have

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hill was true to word when he came out and spoke regarding Latrell and no interest so looks like its a dud .
club have no desire to reign supreme again and make a bold move.
sad decision makers we have
We had no interest in Latrell at that point, so he wasn't lying. HOwever, we had interest.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Last time we had a big red English prop coming from St Helens we sacked a Canterbury DNA coach and hired a big name contracted head coach from a powerhouse club.

Unfortunately I said something similar when KIA took over as major sponsor: ‘Look what happened last time a Korean car company was our major sponsor!’

1770E9CF-7369-4DE3-AC70-DF26C6F1EA95.jpeg

Alas...

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bellamy is usually one to stamp out rumors or say something so it would interesting to watch Bellamy's body language and actions if this gains voice and is asked about it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Ba is giving jimmy a little love bite on the neck,
Doesn’t seem to mind at all.
And there’s our current GM of Football with his hands on the JJ Giltinan Shield too. Hopefully he’s hungry to add to the trophy cabinet again ASAP...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If people are looking for signs we are due in 2024.

1974 loss
1984 win
1994 loss
2004 win
2014 loss
I like it. On one hand I hope it’s not 4 years away but maybe fate and history are telling us something...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there’s our current GM of Football with his hands on the JJ Giltinan Shield too. Hopefully he’s hungry to add to the trophy cabinet again ASAP...
It would be very nice to have those trophies back in our club house that’s for sure,
I’m certain Pricey is amongst a collective group which is trying to make our great club competitive again and hopefully deliver a premiership in the not too distant future.
The bulldogs will fight their way back to the top again.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If people are looking for signs we are due in 2024.

1974 loss
1984 win
1994 loss
2004 win
2014 loss
Make sure the NRL knows it, so they can arrange the fix.

2020 is already taken by the Rorters to beat the Eels and match them with a 3-peat.

Eels will be booked in for a 2021-3 3-peat (40yrs since last time)

2024 onwards are still open but bookings will be filling up fast!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy has always wanted to move back to Brisbane , notnsydney . Not sure if it’s true or not but wouldn’t it be enticing ? Millions to spend with salary cap and our juniors are coming through like old times .

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest-with this board, situation etc I think this is the only scenario that can rescue us. We will be the most dominant sporting club in Oz if he comes on board. They have to make it happen. Even if they pay him 2m for the next ten years. If it doesn’t I can’t see any way out. Even the next best thing has nowhere near the credibility and aura of Bellamy.