Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Ba is giving jimmy a little love bite on the neck,
Doesn’t seem to mind at all.
What a day.. Started at the Bat and ball pub , then to the 40metre line with 3 mates, stayed for about an hour after full time. One of my best mates gave Baa a banner painted on a sheet that said “Bye Bye Baa Baa” which ended up as a pic on the back page of the Tele next day. And ended at closing time in the pub at Chinatown singing Karioke at midnight...

Took 2 days of work, and I worked for myself!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually we don't

He is on a results based contract. So can be sacked if results are shit. (maybe your team can do that sort of contract)

5th year is in the clubs favour & if he wins a GF, the contract money is increased.
Ok.. sure. :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most scrutinised contract in the NRL is also the most misreported.

Under-pressure Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is not on a ridiculous five or six-year deal, as told ad nauseam this week.

He’s on a four-year deal, with a fifth-year option in the club’s favour.

Brisbane and Seibold also have specific performance clauses that allow re-negotiation and termination with a modified payout.

However, the pitchforks can be put back in the shed - as the Broncos’ board maintains great support for the man they punted club legend Wayne Bennett to sign.

When drawing up the deal for Seibold, Brisbane wanted their young playing group to know their new coach was here for the long haul and they could not use player power to turf him out if he was too tough on them.

So the club drew up a four-year contract but, within that deal, protected themselves with performance incentives and directives.

Seibold’s protected too. If there’s a premiership win, he can negotiate an upgrade.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...-seibolds-brisbane-broncos-contract-c-1094108

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
“Seibold’s protected too. If there’s a premiership win, he can negotiate an upgrade.”

A Premiership win..? Under Seibold???

Ok, sure.8-)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely not coming straight from Bellamy S mouth in his presser tonight

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not coming straight from Bellamy a mouth in his presser tonight
I seen the presser he wouldn't tell them the truth anyway.
Like he said out of respect for Dean Pay plus he's still under contract.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen the presser he wouldn't tell them the truth anyway.
Like he said out of respect for Dean Pay plus he's still under contract.
His first words where “it’s crap” that’s pretty definitive to me

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im just happy that everyone is talking about the Bulldogs looking for a new coach.
Don’t get me wrong bro I would give right arm to have Bellamy here and you are dead right the fact this story did the rounds means dean pays are numbered as the bulldogs head coach

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha if telling it like it is makes it so then yes...

However this isn't seeing the worst in things here (pessimism) so your wrong lol just telling it like it is from a particular angle. The worst outcome in this scenario isnt my original statement, it's Bellamy not coming lol.
If i said nah it's fucking bullshit it's from the terrocrap rah rah rah, that imo is more pessimistic, as thats aligning yourself with the worst case scenario for us given our current situation haha. So yeah I'm actually more positive than most in this thread but nice try.
8EB07719-832E-4D72-83E9-F5B5E8C46EE6.gif

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was an interesting presser. He is a pro at them.
Some parts he was definitive other parts seemed ambiguous but that may be because he actually doesn’t know.
“I haven’t spoken to anyone from the bulldogs” also “i can’t wipe that out and say my manager did, I don’t have a manager”.
On Pay, “to put that pressure on him when it’s not true, that’s the wrong part of it”.
He was referring to coaching after next year but I like how he said “I’m not going to say what I’m going to do. I’m 62 and next year will probably be it for head coaching, however things change at times. It might be time for someone else after next year, but we’ll see so don’t hold me to that”

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brilliant that mate. Been to two myself. '95 and '98.

Both were special as we came from nowhere to be at both. Obviously '95 was better because we won! But Bullfrog actually scored me and a mate tickets (long story) and we were sitting with Terry Lamb's sister behind the posts. Just brilliant memories
That's awesome! Do you know which sister? Our families are connected and my parents were there that day too

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think people get a bit carried away with the thoughts of players following the coach. Do we really think that would happen? I'm not so sure personally.

Without doubt though he'd be a massive drawcard to get whichever players we wanted. And with our apparent 'warchest'
Good point, when Des arrived Manly had a star studded line up and he only got T-Rex a season later. Foran was busted by the time he arrived.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's awesome! Do you know which sister? Our families are connected and my parents were there that day too
Don't know mate. Actually didn't know until the victory lap and Lamb came over to her & embraced and all of that. Felt bad for giving Baa baa a spray when he got sent to the bin looking back on it :grinning:

What Bullfrog did for us I'll never ever forget as he really didn't have to. Just heard a shit story about two kids who'd had the tickets wripped away from them and felt for us. Fucking legend as it's a day I'll never ever forget.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good point, when Des arrived Manly had a star studded line up and he only got T-Rex a season later. Foran was busted by the time he arrived.
I think too often we think there will be an exodus. In reality, Bellamy would never do that anyway as he wouldn't want to leave & pillage his old club ... imo :grinning:

If this were true, which I doubt, it's more about how his coaching would improve players, and also be able to attract new ones. Not so much about him bringing the whole Melbourne team here ...

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most scrutinised contract in the NRL is also the most misreported.

Under-pressure Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is not on a ridiculous five or six-year deal, as told ad nauseam this week.

He’s on a four-year deal, with a fifth-year option in the club’s favour.

Brisbane and Seibold also have specific performance clauses that allow re-negotiation and termination with a modified payout.

However, the pitchforks can be put back in the shed - as the Broncos’ board maintains great support for the man they punted club legend Wayne Bennett to sign.

When drawing up the deal for Seibold, Brisbane wanted their young playing group to know their new coach was here for the long haul and they could not use player power to turf him out if he was too tough on them.

So the club drew up a four-year contract but, within that deal, protected themselves with performance incentives and directives.

Seibold’s protected too. If there’s a premiership win, he can negotiate an upgrade.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...-seibolds-brisbane-broncos-contract-c-1094108

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Broncos' issues don't lie with their coach but lack of a decent half who can run the side. We don't know yet if Croft will be that player but Milford certainly isn't. Thought they were crazy to let Hunt go even if he's not the best.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy's just come out and denied it, backing Pay at the same time.

It annoys me that he backs Pay. Yes he's in a tough spot, but to say he's a good coach and then seeing him not picking players in position is just bs - its borderline just slandering both Pay and the club...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

It annoys me that he backs Pay. Yes he's in a tough spot, but to say he's a good coach and then seeing him not picking players in position is just bs - its borderline just slandering both Pay and the club...
Almost everyone that's a personality in NRL bar Buzz Rothfield backs Pay and that's who you share the same opinion with, just saying. No one's saying he's a top coach either, because he isn't and he doesn't have to be.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Its not slander to back someone. player please.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I truly believe this all started by someone from the club leaking bullshit to the media for three reasons.

1. to flaunt there’s a head coach position available
2. To indicate money is available to a high profile candidate
3. To flush out any potential applicants and have coaches approach the club rather than do the recruitment themselves

if that’s how we fill positions at the club rather than hunting the best people I’m really disappointed in where we are at.