Craig Bellamy: Bulldogs prepare mega deal for Melbourne Storm coach

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve read it and nothing has changed my mind.
Please point out exactly where this board or recruitment committee has instilled such confidence in you regarding their ability to approach and acquire the best candidates for any position? You “fkn lunatic”

well firstly you start by “truly believing”
Multiple situations you fukn made up In your head, then you follow that gem up with questioning yourself “if that’s how we do things” and end it by being disappointed in where the club is at—based on shit you made up In your head that you truly believe.. oh wait no you don’t... do you? Dumb ****

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Benett at the Bulldogs? Club powerbrokers want it to happen

Bulldogs powerbrokers want Wayne Bennett to be the club’s head coach (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts).

Supercoach Wayne Benett has been linked to the Bulldogs just days after it was reported the club were keen on luring Craig Bellamy to Belmore next season.

It comes as under pressure Bulldogs coach Dean Pay, who is off-contract at the end of 2020, continues to fight to save his job.

The Australian’s Brent Read told Triple M that a Bulldogs powerbroker has gone as far as pitching a plan to a board member that would see Bennett and a former player take the coaching reins.

“I spoke to one of (the powerbrokers) yesterday whose idea is that he wants the club to get Wayne Bennett to work with a former player,” Read said.

“He told me the former player but I’m not going to mention him because he’s got another job and I think that would be a bit disrespectful to him but he’s pitched it.

“He pitched it to a member of the board yesterday even with a list of potential recruits: Ben Hunt; Curtis Rona, player’s like this.”

Canterbury-Bankstown fans were reluctant to believe reports on interest in Bellamy because the club released a statement flat out denying it.

However, Read says it’s not CEO Andrew Hill, Chair Lynne Anderson or any members of the board who are showing the interest in other coaches — it’s the club’s powerbrokers who don’t sit on any board, but still have a great deal of power.

“The club’s obviously come out and said ‘we haven’t spoken to Craig Bellamy, we’re not chasing Craig Bellamy’ but you’ve got to understand that clubs don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes,” he said.

“They’ve got people behind the scenes who aren’t on the boards, they aren’t on the leagues club board, they aren’t on the football club board but they’re what you call the old fashioned powerbrokers.

“They hold pockets of votes that decide who sits on these boards and they go out and do their own thing.”

Read says board members are inclined to listen to the ideas of these powerbrokers otherwise it could cost them their positions.

“If you’re a member of the board you’ve got to listen to them because ultimately they could hold sway on whether you stay on the board or get voted out so that’s where this is all coming from.

“People in the footy club and Andrew Hill are okay to say they haven’t approached Craig or they’re not interested in Craig because they probably aren’t but there are people at the Bulldogs who hold pockets of power who there’s no doubt they’re interested in Craig Bellamy.”
I guess they are eluding to Dymock

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either made up or the club leaked something to appear pro-active. If it's the second one then it will back-fire because if they haven't talked to him then why fukin not?
It isn't the second one. Yes it was made up, the question is by whom. You can rule out the club, this kind of rumour mongering does absolutely nothing for the Andersons or Hill, which is why they came out against it so quickly. It has been pointed out there are one or two people involved with the League's club with big ideas who yap to the media. You can also bet there are parties in clubland and the media who could get some benefit from this. Lastly, this is exactly the kind of rumour mongering you would promote if you hate the Dogs and want to make things even harder for them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Or Ennis?
possibly, but i dare say his attitude towards how the game should be played today would clash with Bennett imo. Would be nice if it works out though as id say they got along during their time at Brisbane long ago

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well firstly you start by “truly believing”
Multiple situations you fukn made up In your head, then you follow that gem up with questioning yourself “if that’s how we do things” and end it by being disappointed in where the club is at—based on shit you made up In your head that you truly believe.. oh wait no you don’t... do you? Dumb c***
You still fail to point out why you have so much confidence in the current admin?
I only have to name one person to point out the glaring holes in our recruitment procedures Sione Katoa
Now go fuck yourself c*>k sucker

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You still fail to point out why you have so much confidence in the current admin?
I only have to name one person to point out the glaring holes in our recruitment procedures Sione Katoa
Now go fuck yourself c*>k sucker
Don’t worry bro I’d hate myself if my name was Shannon as well. Are you a girl or a boy? Who fkn knows you are just a Shannon. Dumb ****

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay the nice guy what he wants or more, you know what you are going to get when you have a Bellamy made system at your club... The man has pull too

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Another article where Bellamy alludes to retiring again.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3aafe249eecf83465c41a74e64b83bfb

"Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has telephoned Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to guarantee there’s been no contact about taking over at Canterbury-Bankstown next year."

"Pay is guaranteed to see out the remainder of this season at Belmore and the Canterbury-Bankstown board intend to give him every possible chance to earn a new contract."

"The Bulldogs have long-prided themselves on being an organisation who is loyal from within and Thursday’s board meeting will reaffirm the club’s commitment to Pay for the remainder of the season."

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3aafe249eecf83465c41a74e64b83bfb

"Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has telephoned Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to guarantee there’s been no contact about taking over at Canterbury-Bankstown next year."

"Pay is guaranteed to see out the remainder of this season at Belmore and the Canterbury-Bankstown board intend to give him every possible chance to earn a new contract."

"The Bulldogs have long-prided themselves on being an organisation who is loyal from within and Thursday’s board meeting will reaffirm the club’s commitment to Pay for the remainder of the season."
I just saw that story, fucking typical, are we destined to have mediocre coaches, have a bad feeling the board will give Pay another season

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Remainder of the season is mentioned twice, so barring the team somehow making the finals, it looks like Pay is gone next year.