Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im guessing not much will change to how it is now , guess there will always be a disruption in schools , masks stick around a bit longer and considering near 95% of nsw jabbed up cant really seeing going back to lockdowns restrictions perhaps ,
Right now the premier of WA is watching biodome to see whats more cost effective building a dome or getting all the mining equipment and seperating WA permantly from mainland .
Rod will still be waffling on some bullshit that in his head makes sense, .and life will be pretty much the same .
Meh it will be a good
I still think they will fuck up our Christmas....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually there is a silver lining if they do lock us down again, I don't have to see the mutt-in-laws lol
Ahh fuck i forgot about that last xmas the womens and the kids went to 1 house the mens to the other we got shit faced, is there restrictions this year ? If not time to virus spread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im guessing not much will change to how it is now , guess there will always be a disruption in schools , masks stick around a bit longer and considering near 95% of nsw jabbed up cant really seeing going back to lockdowns restrictions perhaps ,
Right now the premier of WA is watching biodome to see whats more cost effective building a dome or getting all the mining equipment and seperating WA permantly from mainland .
Rod will still be waffling on some bullshit that in his head makes sense, .and life will be pretty much the same .
Meh it will be a good
Is it sad that I still use a line from Biodome?

Whenever I surprise someone and they say, "where did you come from?", I reply, "my mum and the authorities are still trying to figure that one out"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm kidding of course. Perrottet earlier said that we're sticking with the plan regardless, and I'm sure they shut down any chance of transmission.
They need to get this one right........This variant went from being one not to be concerned about to one that might cause a few problems. with its 32 spike mutations......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well every holiday period seems the same ,so not impossible but i reakon in nsw anyways we be ok no idea what other states will do with their boarders
Speaking to a lady who works at one of the motels here in town and they are booked solid up until April....people who would normally have gone overseas are now travelling within the country.....she laughed when she told me that they think that the hired help should be picking up their ( travellers) towels after them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not an anti-vaxxer or a conspiracy theorist.. This whole time me and my family been following all of these bushit rules. But at some point no matter the mutations and variants we have to get on with life and not live in a bubble and constant fear..

Like most people I'm sick to death of hearing about this crap and having to still deal with all of the restrictions despite a 95% double vaccination rate. If we were put into another lockdown and have to wait months for a new vaccine or booster before we get our "freedoms" back again then shit will really hit the fan. Even reasonable people like myself will want to riot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is exactly why myself and others were saying hold off on International travel til more is known about the mutations and variants all over the world.

I'd rather be free in my own country than be allowed to travel all over the world, come back home, bring back a new form of Covid with me and start a whole bunch of lockdowns again..

I also don't trust the muppets in charge to quarantine everyone properly.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not an anti-vaxxer or a conspiracy theorist.. This whole time me and my family been following all of these bushit rules. But at some point no matter the mutations and variants we have to get on with life and not live in a bubble and constant fear..

Like most people I'm sick to death of hearing about this crap and having to still deal with all of the restrictions despite a 95% double vaccination rate. If we were put into another lockdown and have to wait months for a new vaccine or booster before we get our "freedoms" back again then shit will really hit the fan. Even reasonable people like myself will want to riot.
Yeah, lockdown won't happen again. There may be a return to mask wearing and Victoria may require hazard suits (but that's just Victoria and we should have nuked them by now anyway)

I don't see any real restrictions changing due to this new variant.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, lockdown won't happen again. There may be a return to mask wearing and Victoria may require hazard suits (but that's just Victoria and we should have nuked them by now anyway)

I don't see any real restrictions changing due to this new variant.
Not for now but things can change quickly as we've seen plenty of times over the last two years..

My gripe is that we're still under plenty of restrictions as it is.. Look at schools for example. They've separated the years like it's cell blocks in prison now. One case and the whole class gets sent home for days til everyone's tested negative.. My daughter went to Orientation last week and they weren't allowed in classrooms and had to sit outside. If it was raining it was going to be cancelled. Just weeks before it wasn't going to be on at all. It's all overkill. Things like that are devastating to kids and the parents that have to home school because of one positive case.

No to mention we still have to check in everywhere, wear masks, show passports etc.. I went to Westfield with the missus the other day for Xmas shopping and had to do that 15 different times. It might seem like a small sacrifice but it's extremely annoying..

I also don't see the point at pubs, gyms, restaurants etc where you have to wear a mask when you enter and then as soon as you get in, you can take your mask off and potentially spread Covid all over the place.. None of those rules make sense.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why is it going to spread like wildfire in NSW when we are the most vaxxed state in the country? There’s no evidence (yet) that it resists vaccines. Not even comparable to last time. Odd conclusion…probably won’t be long before there’s calls for dedicated quarantine facilities in every town in every state :-).
Exactly, I’d be more worried about the states with the lowest vaccination rates ie QLD & WA. Covid will spread, particularly new variants and the vaccinated states will be safe.
How much did that new QLD quarantine facility cost again? Money well spent hahaha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is exactly why myself and others were saying hold off on International travel til more is known about the mutations and variants all over the world.

I'd rather be free in my own country than be allowed to travel all over the world, come back home, bring back a new form of Covid with me and start a whole bunch of lockdowns again..

I also don't trust the muppets in charge to quarantine everyone properly.
I know you have mate and I do see your point but variants will show up for decades so we needed to draw a line in the sand and get on with life. Delta didn’t come in via a tourist either so they’ll all get in some way unless we are willing to live off our own resources and not import anything at all

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well... Freedom was fun while it lasted
Let's hope it's all manageable for Australia but, as stated, it could well spread like wildfire thru Africa. Such low vax numbers will affect them much worse than us and it's of concern as that's how variants are most likely to develop.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Id give it a week or so and see what nsw health releases
Until then we are going to have 10 articles a day of assumptions that will drive you mad

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Where do they pull these variant names from? It’s like police strike force names or Hurricane names I feel they are taking the piss a bit just call it Covid 3

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.