Cotric to raiders in 2022

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another rubbish article on fox sports this morning calculating how much we've spent and how much we have to let go to be cap compliant. Fails to mention all the overpayed flogs we didn't resign.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether its a good thing or not depends on what the club does with the money saved from Cotric moving on - him moving to Canberra is only the first half of the story

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whether its a good thing or not depends on what the club does with the money saved from Cotric moving on - him moving to Canberra is only the first half of the story
I highly doubt anyone that knows football will be saying "We Should of kept him" next season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First time Okunbor farks up, which is an odds on certainty, someone will rub your nose in it, guaranteed.

Always a Bulldog
Who says he will be on the field?

Many variables and options from now to round 1 my brother....

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am agreeing he’s a winger. I don’t see a spot problem? He is galaxy’s ahead of anyone in our back 5 besides Jac.

Cap problem is another question but we were compliant to have these guys registered. Only one recently added was burns to replace a sacked Elliott (Asiata gone to) that means we pocketed approx 300k there and now cotric?

I question things like chipping in and minimum wage and how big the quality gap is between say cotric and Okonbor or lumelume etc.

I trust Gus and am sure he’s well aware of that too. Burns and alomiti are the questions on if this plays out well for us in my opinion as naden on the wing and burns or alomitj and schooup in centres could work out alright.

Though if we do get Mahoney over early it’s great as he is so much more vital for us as a key player and the gap between him and jmk is worse then any winger for cotric sadly.

Cotric still would have a huge impact as wingers aren’t just wingers anymore they get your set rolling etc and while Jac is busy he doesn’t have the size of cotric to help there like cotric could. That said Okonbor does. Yet him dropping every second bomb is a concern and a direct pressure and point conceded issue. Cotric is truly light years ahead of anyone besides Jac in the back 5. I can certainly handle naden but thought he would be Center.

People downplaying him or making him sound average just I don’t get he is easily top 5 winger. He’s had a rough season surrounded by trash. People say he didn’t stand out? His last second determination of the game and desire to win literally was what won us against the sharks! He can’t exactly carry Hoppa, Lewis, Napa, Elliott, Katoa do I need to go on?

Anyway we all agree m, we land Mahoney great.

Otherwise it’s literally 1mil of cap we are doing what with?

Giving up for another season before the balls kicked on this one? After getting the spoon. That takes some shine off the recent months for me.

Though again I’m with you and the others who have said Gus has earned some faith though I think after the last 5 years of terribly leaders we have been scared a bit.
it’s no longer up for debate @bulldog09, Cotric will be wearing green in 2022 and I think it’s a very sound move from our end

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am agreeing he’s a winger. I don’t see a spot problem? He is galaxy’s ahead of anyone in our back 5 besides Jac.

Cap problem is another question but we were compliant to have these guys registered. Only one recently added was burns to replace a sacked Elliott (Asiata gone to) that means we pocketed approx 300k there and now cotric?

I question things like chipping in and minimum wage and how big the quality gap is between say cotric and Okonbor or lumelume etc.

I trust Gus and am sure he’s well aware of that too. Burns and alomiti are the questions on if this plays out well for us in my opinion as naden on the wing and burns or alomitj and schooup in centres could work out alright.

Though if we do get Mahoney over early it’s great as he is so much more vital for us as a key player and the gap between him and jmk is worse then any winger for cotric sadly.

Cotric still would have a huge impact as wingers aren’t just wingers anymore they get your set rolling etc and while Jac is busy he doesn’t have the size of cotric to help there like cotric could. That said Okonbor does. Yet him dropping every second bomb is a concern and a direct pressure and point conceded issue. Cotric is truly light years ahead of anyone besides Jac in the back 5. I can certainly handle naden but thought he would be Center.

People downplaying him or making him sound average just I don’t get he is easily top 5 winger. He’s had a rough season surrounded by trash. People say he didn’t stand out? His last second determination of the game and desire to win literally was what won us against the sharks! He can’t exactly carry Hoppa, Lewis, Napa, Elliott, Katoa do I need to go on?

Anyway we all agree m, we land Mahoney great.

Otherwise it’s literally 1mil of cap we are doing what with?

Giving up for another season before the balls kicked on this one? After getting the spoon. That takes some shine off the recent months for me.

Though again I’m with you and the others who have said Gus has earned some faith though I think after the last 5 years of terribly leaders we have been scared a bit.
Cotric isn’t as good as you make him out to be seriously. Isn’t even in top 10 wingers in the comp.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cotric isn’t as good as you make him out to be seriously. Isn’t even in top 10 wingers in the comp.
Sorry mate that’s horse shit. Please list 10 wingers you would put ahead…

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it’s based on 14 games for us then it isn’t a stretch he would be outside the top 10.

But based on his career (Raiders) he’s inside the top 10.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off the top of my head in no particular order

Fox
Alex Johnson
To'o
Sivo
Garrick
Tupou
Saab

He's probably on par with Farnworth and Ravalawa type of players. I didn't list 10 above him, but after those 10 then i feel like theres a plethora of players with pretty much the same skill set and Nick would probably be in that category for mine. I feel like the 7 i have listed are better than him, but there are certainly worse out there. Shame we couldnt retain him, but if the club feels that they're over paying for him then so be it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Fox
Alex Johnson
To'o
Sivo
Garrick
Tupou
Saab

He's probably on par with Farnworth and Ravalawa type of players. I didn't list 10 above him, but after those 10 then i feel like theres a plethora of players with pretty much the same skill set and Nick would probably be in that category for mine. I feel like the 7 i have listed are better than him, but there are certainly worse out there. Shame we couldnt retain him, but if the club feels that they're over paying for him then so be it.
Personally disagree with all bar fox, to’o.

Saab and Garrick are thanks to Tommy turbo. Saab was about to be written off as worst recruit of 2021 before Tommy returned. Cotric would look like super man there. Tupou had a case for a few seasons but not now and again thank Tedesco.

Johnson I can get to a degree though I mean at a tkme last season rabbitohs we’re letting him go…

Sivo I don’t agree but I can understand list.

anyway clearly top 10.

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Fox
Alex Johnson
To'o
Sivo
Garrick
Tupou
Saab

add Coates, Holmes and S.Crichton and you’ve got 10 chief