Cotric to raiders in 2022

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There has to be a benefit to any of this for the 2022 season. Even if Cotric is on overs. if we are paying a chunk of his wage out of our cap to play elsewhere we are better of keeping him.

As you say if a 3 way deal can be made between Canberra, Parra & Dogs so players all go a year earlier. Then it makes some sense.

Kikau for 2022 wouldn’t be anywhere near the benefit that the Mahoney swap for 2022 could bring.

If we can add Mahoney in 2022 we suddenly could be in contention for a position in the bottom of the 8. Currently I believe we are a 10-12 team.

Mahoney coming for 2022 is the only logical reason for allowing Cotric to leave.
Sticky can be the kingmaker with his affiliation with all 3 clubs

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not correct the money from this move has to be spent before season starts, may be March 1 unsure of the date.
Which is why you front load contracts. Spend that extra cash this year on current players contracts so you can pay them less next year and hence creating space in the cap for Mahoney kIkau

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Which is why you front load contracts. Spend that extra cash this year on current players contracts so you can pay them less next year and hence creating space in the cap for Mahoney kIkau
Best way for bottom teams to climb the ladder imo. Short term pain, long term gain. I just wish we did this from 2018/19 onwards.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also had another winger playing fullback in that GF (Perrett) how the fk did we make the big dance with that back 3?

A big reason was the pack and spine with Hodgo and Grub having great seasons also ending NSW drought series win
To be honest we had a dream run in that finals series. We limped in at 7th and I reckon the storm took us easy in that first game and it was over at half time.

We then beat a busted manly side and a busted Penrith side before getting pumped in the gf.

Full credit to that 2014 team but there is no way we were the second best team that year

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also had another winger playing fullback in that GF (Perrett) how the fk did we make the big dance with that back 3?

A big reason was the pack and spine with Hodgo and Grub having great seasons also ending NSW drought series win
To be honest we had a dream run in that finals series. We limped in at 7th and I reckon the storm took us easy in that first game and it was over at half time.

We then beat a busted manly side and a busted Penrith side before getting pumped in the gf.

Full credit to that 2014 team but there is no way we were the second best team that year

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree - it was if it was set up for Souths to play the weakest team in the 8!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It was one the worst things that could have happened because it wall papered over all the problems with that squad and gave Des false confidence that we weren’t far off.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

That's true, but Perrett and Thompson tried pretty hard from the back.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dunno about you mate but I don’t like losing quality and as I said I just call it as it is. No point being like the eel fans pretending he isn’t a huge loss (they doing it with Mahoney and we all laugh)

I appreciate and understand the fact he’s on overs. Though that 100/150k overs If paid by us to go to raiders not only strengthens them and the eels (they release simonson to them cause of this) and we put who Allen? Lumelume? Okonbor? All not fit to shine cotrics boots. He’s out second best back behind Jac.

Jac on the wing with this shit roster we put out for 2021 would be in the same boat and looked off what he had been cause it’s surrounded by park footy players.

After years of trash and finally a decent exciting roster I’d like to of seen cotric get a chance. Not a question of will he blitz it next season with raiders or us. He will be far better when hoppa isn’t slow and starving ball or Lewis creating amazing plays with napa giving such a platform ffs.

Though again if it’s a case of a musical chair movement to get Mahoney in early understand and get it as, the instant improvement we get out of this is huge.

Don’t get me wrong mate I’m not having a shot just saying people dismissing this are kidding themselves cotric is a very good player and his replacement simply isn’t in the same category.

Which is why I say it’s like the eel fans laughing off Mahoney and bagging him now.

If we use his and elliotts cap wisely for 22 (I’m sure Gus will) to make our team more competitive for 22 with that $ great. Though I’d be disappointed if it’s the eye on 23 when we just got the spoon and suffered years of shit.

Maybe alomiti explodes and demands a centre spot and push naden out to wing and if that’s the case it’s a master stroke. Though a lot of pressure for a kid. Wouldn’t want to ruin him.

Though that doesn’t take away the fact Elliott and cotric are replaced by minimum wages and leave us the best part of a mil to use. We should be doing all we can to get Mahoney or worst case kikau here early. Can’t see kikau with panthers right in the premiership window and losing Capewell tpj etc.

Though can see the eels wanting Hodgson sooner than later if nothing else than to get a year contract moved forward so he’s not there liability at 35! Hopefully as I said before we make the $ work to take mahoney, the get Hodgson and raiders get cotric. Ideal scenario.

Jmk can go wherever.
Mate some of these guys will be quieter when Nick Is carving up elsewhere and(on this i hope I'm wrong)we're a winger down for one reason or another and their blowing up deluxe when Okonbur or Lumelume are fucking up for fun :laughing:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate some of these guys will be quieter when Nick Is carving up elsewhere and(on this i hope I'm wrong)we're a winger down for one reason or another and their blowing up deluxe when Okonbur or Lumelume are fucking up for fun :laughing:
100% going to be blow ups when Okunbor's named on the wing. Fact is we're going from a quality winger to a not that great/do the job winger.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This page is funny sometimes.

Everyone was lauding the club for the incredible signings we've made. Literally a wankfest on here with a giant conga train and circle jerk off about Gould, and the management being the best living thing in history pulling off some of the signings they have. Full trust in what they're doing.

The club then makes a call on Cotric and believe it's best suited for the club that he leaves, and all of a sudden many have lost that trust and are questioning their call on this?

I mean ... ?

Shit. The club did unbelievably well to get us where to we are now. Surely they've earnt the right to trust then goign forward?
Gus said: Relax !
Try and tell that to TK :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was one the worst things that could have happened because it wall papered over all the problems with that squad and gave Des false confidence that we weren’t far off.
Remember ?
We were flying under the radar :fearscream::rage:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's why you play Naden on the wing (Baz won't), problem solved.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% going to be blow ups when Okunbor's named on the wing. Fact is we're going from a quality winger to a not that great/do the job winger.
Agree. Personally id rather see Burns get a spot over Okunbur or leumelueme

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DWZ performed miles better than Chottrich in blue & white. Those are the facts.

DWZ came into a shit side and made an impact immediately. Chotrich was going through the motions with us, collecting his big money deal and to top it off got the Foran style injury. Simply unacceptable for a marquee signing. Needs to pull his finger out or go.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could not agree more. You see a few teams fluke a gf appearance and they think it was a good year and they are on the right path.

Warriors 2011
Dogs 2014
Cowboys 2017

Doesn’t happen often but it does set the club back a fair bit. The cowboys especially. They only made the semis because of us

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2016 was tough too…entrenched in the top 4 then losing the last 3 out of 4 regular season games to finish 7th limp in to the finals and get pumped week one by Panthers (who we beat in the past regular round)