Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we need flair, pace and creativity and not another 1 dimensional prop.
None of which are available or want to come here it seems.
So Napa clearly isn't ideal but he'd whip up interest in a re-build phase at least and have a point of difference to our other one dimensional props?

Also he'd balance out the KIA logo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasn't signed, not sure, there's no place like home.
Expected to resume training at Belmore next week apparently.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
None of which are available or want to come here it seems.
So Napa clearly isn't ideal but he'd whip up interest in a re-build phase at least and have a point of difference to our other one dimensional props?

Also he'd balance out the KIA logo.
Doesn't matter that they're not available right now, they will be in the future. Knights sat back and signed Ponga, Pearce and now Klemmer..i'd much rather us do something similar instead of making a panic signing in Napa on a stupid contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Barry Toohey has been found out telling fibs... apparently someone sold him BS over the claim Klemmer was at the movies :D

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Doesn't matter that they're not available right now, they will be in the future. Knights sat back and signed Ponga, Pearce and now Klemmer..i'd much rather us do something similar instead of making a panic signing in Napa on a stupid contract.
Champion, you can’t just sit back and wait. You think once you start getting wooden spoon after wooden spoon the all of a sudden available players will just be like hey let go play for the dogs. Or if they do come cheap? Napa is a stepping stone to pave the way for other players to want to come. Like him or not, he is a rep player. Pearce was only picked up from the knights because the roosters punted him for Cronk, ponga got payed big bucks as a player not proven in the nrl. It was a gamble that payed off. And Klemmer is not going there for peanuts, they paying him 1.2 mill a season! The same price tag we will have to start playing players to join us if we front load contacts and plan to fail for the next couple seasons

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Champion, you can’t just sit back and wait. You think once you start getting wooden spoon after wooden spoon the all of a sudden available players will just be like hey let go play for the dogs. Or if they do come cheap? Napa is a stepping stone to pave the way for other players to want to come. Like him or not, he is a rep player. Pearce was only picked up from the knights because the roosters punted him for Cronk, ponga got payed big bucks as a player not proven in the nrl. It was a gamble that payed off. And Klemmer is not going there for peanuts, they paying him 1.2 mill a season! The same price tag we will have to start playing players to join us if we front load contacts and plan to fail for the next couple seasons
You absolutely can sit back and wait, players are constantly becoming available these days. The club needs to be smarter.

Taking the Roosters 4th string prop off their hands because he has failed to deliver is just stupid, especially at the reported 650k figure. Near 450k it's a different story though i still don't think it's at all worth in our current situation.

The club is literally buying for the sake of buying because the ***** have fucking shit the bed. Napa won't change a fucking thing, we will still be irrelevant with or without him this season. Blokes as 1 dimensional as they come and runs no better than Fualalo who absolutely copped it on here this season. No footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability... just a dead average player that hasn't lived up to his potential in recent years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You absolutely can sit back and wait, players are constantly becoming available these days. The club needs to be smarter.

Taking the Roosters 4th string prop off their hands because he has failed to deliver is just stupid, especially at the reported 650k figure. Near 450k it's a different story though i still don't think it's at all worth in our current situation.

The club is literally buying for the sake of buying because the ***** have fucking shit the bed. Napa won't change a fucking thing, we will still be irrelevant with or without him this season. Blokes as 1 dimensional as they come and runs no better than Fualalo who absolutely copped it on here this season. No footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability... just a dead average player that hasn't lived up to his potential in recent years.
Tend to agree here.

Are we buying because he'd be a good addition to the side, or are we panic buying because "the fans will demand a signing if we release Klemmer".

The current board have panic bought already, so I'm hoping this is a well thought out recruitment move.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

So all these players you saying we should sit back and wait for, they for curtain going to sign with us are they? And who is to your standards anyway? You think 90% of the players are shit.
I like your passion for the game, but you don’t know much about it from a recruiting perspective. This isn’t soccer where you have 8million players you can buy and sell anytime, this is league, and for a rep player at the start of his peak isn’t bad for 600k considering our current situation. So we pay 100k overs for him, unfortunately that’s what happens when you got a shit roster and are favourites for the spoon. No player is going to leave the a team that just won the Comp, and on paper are the best side again next year to come play for a side that were rubbish this year and will be worse next year. If we were top of the ladder than we can bargain with players and players wouldn’t mind playing for us at a cheaper pay package as they can see themselves making achievements at our club like winning a Comp or making rep teams. Until we are in that position again, you should be happy that we payed 600k for Napa and not a million like we did for woods, or 1.2 Newcastle are paying for Klemmer.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It is a shit cinema. But as far as junkies go not the hot spot in newy. Newcastle is by far a better place to bring up kids then western Sydney. There will be no aussie day down there soon the way ita going and a ban on Christmas lights.
I love the dogs as much as the next fan but if your arguing over a better area Newcastle wins hands down.
There’s better schools in Sydney, especially if your TPA includes private school. There’s better universities in Sydney and your TPA can pay for that as well, although by then Klemmer won’t be playing so he will need income from a large organisation like the Bulldogs. He doesn’t have to live in “western Sydney” he can live in the Shire like many (most) Bulldogs players. Unemployment in Newcastle is 4 times what it is in Sydney, when the kids want a job. When “imports” stop playing they just disappear, but one club players are welcomed forever.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shannon Boyd somehow played for Australia multiple times though and he doesn't play more than 35 minutes a game but he got paid 650k plus.

There have been plenty of instances of overrated players making rep teams. Ryan James is ten times the player Boyd is yet has never made Origin.

Sometimes rep status can inflate a players price tag when they're not worth it. I think Boyd and Paulo and Napa are all overrated and overpaid.

I'd rather we ride it out with who we have and use the money for whenever a spine player that we need becomes available. With all of the coaching changes and cap pressure at certain clubs, a lot of players will become available throughout the season.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the majority of you are not Dylan Napa fans. Some would be content if the Bulldogs paid him 450K, others simply don’t rate him.
Look at the positive.....he is arguably the most feared defender in the NRL. Not many players currently have a tag of being feared. When he’s on he’s on. For QLD he’s produced some wonderful performances.
At the Roosters he’s always been thought of as their number 2 or 3 front rower despite his rep status. At the Dogs he will lift knowing he’s the no 1 frontrower.
I think he’ll be an asset.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So all these players you saying we should sit back and wait for, they for curtain going to sign with us are they? And who is to your standards anyway? You think 90% of the players are shit.
I like your passion for the game, but you don’t know much about it from a recruiting perspective. This isn’t soccer where you have 8million players you can buy and sell anytime, this is league, and for a rep player at the start of his peak isn’t bad for 600k considering our current situation. So we pay 100k overs for him, unfortunately that’s what happens when you got a shit roster and are favourites for the spoon. No player is going to leave the a team that just won the Comp, and on paper are the best side again next year to come play for a side that were rubbish this year and will be worse next year. If we were top of the ladder than we can bargain with players and players wouldn’t mind playing for us at a cheaper pay package as they can see themselves making achievements at our club like winning a Comp or making rep teams. Until we are in that position again, you should be happy that we payed 600k for Napa and not a million like we did for woods, or 1.2 Newcastle are paying for Klemmer.
Who are all these players? I don't know who they all are yet, but what's certain is that the right players will become available over the next year, we simply need to be in a strong position to make the right offer for them.

Off the top of my head, players like Brooks, SJ, Norman, Moses, Cook, Munster, Holmes, Gutherson, Walker, koroisau, Rapana and a few others are still currently available for the 2019 season. Not saying we should chase all these players but pretty much all of them would be far more valuable to our rebuild than panicking and forking out 650k on a 1 dimensional prop that has failed to deliver in recent years. Others will also continue to become available as the season goes on.

Put simply a prop is not required, pace, creativity and flair is. We have a stack of forward depth at the club and our ISP pack simply outclassed every other pack in reserve grade last season. Sure they all might not make the step up, but they are loaded in raw ability and it's time for our coaching staff to step up and get the best out of them. Players like Ogden and To'omaga could be key to our side for years if they get the experience now and make the step up and would be on combined contracts worth less than Napa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tend to agree here.

Are we buying because he'd be a good addition to the side, or are we panic buying because "the fans will demand a signing if we release Klemmer".

The current board have panic bought already, so I'm hoping this is a well thought out recruitment move.
It's definitely a panic buy imo.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tend to agree here.

Exactly who are the panic buys? I think CHN and Sue are good recruits. Crichton is improving every game and was an astute buy.
Cogger was bought mainly to cover for Foran. Looks like he might be OK as well.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone reporting his signature as imminent. Circa $2m over 3 years.
Big gamble but as others have said, he does seem to have that mongrel that is part of the 90's Bulldogs which could be what we need.
My concern is the target on his back becoming bigger by joining the bulldogs.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Shannon Boyd somehow played for Australia multiple times though and he doesn't play more than 35 minutes a game but he got paid 650k plus.

There have been plenty of instances of overrated players making rep teams. Ryan James is ten times the player Boyd is yet has never made Origin.

Sometimes rep status can inflate a players price tag when they're not worth it. I think Boyd and Paulo and Napa are all overrated and overpaid.

I'd rather we ride it out with who we have and use the money for whenever a spine player that we need becomes available. With all of the coaching changes and cap pressure at certain clubs, a lot of players will become available throughout the season.
It’s funny the players you mention. Where did they go to? Gold Coast, parra, and Canterbury. The trifecta for the wooden spoon. The only way you are going to entice anyone over to your club is by paying overs. Do I think Napa is worth 600k ? No! I think he is worth 500k on the current salary cap market. So we payed 100k over for him, that’s the sacrifice you have to make when you are favourites to run last unfortunately. I’ll tell you what’s a bad piece of business, when you are flying and leading the comp in 2012 and pay overs for a player like tony williams when 1 we didn’t need him, 2 we were in a position to dictate the terms of contract. Move alone to 2018 we unfortunately don’t have the same bargaining power from all the way down the bottom of the ladder.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's a panic at all.

Maybe a bit over priced but not to far off IMO. Panic buys were Foran and Woods. And it wasn't a buy but a panic re signing was us and Mbye.

And who says we won't be in a position to get what we need if they become available?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A few people keep calling Napa a "one dimensional prop". Well WTF was Klemmer.
One dimensional. However his go forward is miles ahead of Napa and could atleast break the occasional tackle and do something with the ball....still didn't do it anywhere near as much as he should've.

Status
Not open for further replies.